Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Sightings in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw 5 beautiful new MS's at the SC today--just in...and just in time for XMas! 1 red, 1 white, 1 blue, 1 grey, 1 black. Also, got to see the new auto-folding mirrors in action.

Did you happen to notice if they have the new customer lounge setup yet? Just wondering if there would be a place there I can sit and work for the couple of hours while they rotate my tires and check the alignment.

Yes, they do! It's a small room with 3-4 lounge chairs, a good size TV and cable/Netflix. And, it's air conditioned. It also has some fashionable Tesla art on the wall too. Wi-Fi is a bit stronger now than it was before as well. They also offer complimentary cold juice and water. It just keeps getting better...except the fact that they sold their last loaner!

Yes, they do! It's a small room with 3-4 lounge chairs, a good size TV and cable/Netflix. And, it's air conditioned. It also has some fashionable Tesla art on the wall too. Wi-Fi is a bit stronger now than it was before as well. They also offer complimentary cold juice and water. It just keeps getting better...except the fact that they sold their last loaner!

Thanks! That'll make the sting of not getting a loaner a little less painful. :tongue:

Last week, I spotted 4 different Tesla's going the opposite way on my ~10 min drive from Koko Marina to the start of H1! (and more than half of that drive is obscured by a median -- could have been even more than 4 spotted)

Any count on the # of Teslas on the island now?

I saw a while Model S on the big Island as I was heading north from the airport on 12/20 about 9pm-ish.
Never had another Model S siting on the island (left 12/31) although I heard there are a total
of 2 on the island.

Most recent Tesla sighting - mine! Was walking to my car in the Ala Moana parking lot and something about the lighting made me want to take a picture - thought I'd share.

RodF_TeslaS.jpg
On another note, met a couple who have a grey MS at the Hawaii Kai 24 Hour fitness. They live in that area, have not posted to this forum but have been reading it occasionally.

Most recent Tesla sighting - mine! Was walking to my car in the Ala Moana parking lot and something about the lighting made me want to take a picture - thought I'd share.

View attachment 40328 On another note, met a couple who have a grey MS at the Hawaii Kai 24 Hour fitness. They live in that area, have not posted to this forum but have been reading it occasionally.

the last MS I saw at Ala Moana was yours too! :biggrin:

Saw a white MS on its way to the pro-Bowl today. A wave as we passed each other in opposite directions. :biggrin:
then I came upon a black mustang GT that was passing a slower car. He must have made 20 gear shifts to "impress" the Toyota he was passing.:frown:
Something came upon me and my ankle twitched. :mad:Before I knew it I was passing "Mr. Rev the engine" with ease. I guess I embarrassed him. :tongue:
I continued up the road away from the stadium and the gap between us grew. I looked down the road and saw a bunch of cars lined up to take a left at the next light . the police were making sure the traffic coming into the stadium was backed up at in every direction. I decided to move from the left lane to the right and then I noticed something else. Oh crap:scared:, the light changed from green to red while I was looking at the "next" light. I guess I embarrassed myself.:redface:
My immediate thought was that I should try and thread the needle between the cars crossing my path. probably not a good option.:crying:
Then I thought this would be an opportune time to test the 60-0 time on wet rainy pavement.:smile: I managed to stop while simultaneously get back into the left lane.:cool: I managed to stop right at the white line just a bit left of center in the left lane.
the Mustang caught up to me a dozen seconds later and instantly started to rev his engine like this was a drag race.:confused: naturally this attracted the attention of the police miss-directing traffic at the next light.
I guess he noticed them too, by the time the light changed back to green, because he was standing still at the light while I zipped up and through the light. One of the police gave me a curious look as I silently drove past her.:cool: She heard the Mustang but not me as I beat him off the line.:biggrin:

Today, I happened to be at the SC when wolfie was taking delivery of his beautiful Grey S85. Got to meet him and his wife and chat for a few minutes. Welcome to the club, wolfie.

What song did you play first? What's your MS's name. Tell us about your MS, please.

Does your car have firmware 6.0?

Had to visit a client in Waikiki this morning and parked on the corner near Ena road/Hobron Ln in front of a Black MS License #2806. Made for a nice sight to see two MS' on the street right next to each other. Unfortunately I forgot to use my phone to snap a pic. Was that anyone here?