Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Sightings in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a white Tesla without battery size marking on the rear today in Kaneohe. Tag was 2040. Caught up with the car after the driver was in the bank. I left my card on his window (it was a him). Figured I should not go into the bank and stand in the lobby screaming "who's da dude with the Tesla outside". Maybe next time. :smile:

Been in Waikiki for a week today. Haven't seen a Model S or Roadster yet.

I'm going through withdrawal...
I work in Waikiki and make frequent deliveries to many of the hotels there with my S and rarely see another Tesla on the road there. Hawaii is supposed to have one of the highest per capita rates of Model S ownership but you wouldn't know that if you are a tourist!

Saw dsmith's car at the Nordstrom Rack/TJ Maxx parking garage tonight...am always happy to see a Tesla at those chargers instead of those low range EVs that always hog up the chargers :tongue: actually saw two Teslas (red and white) there a couple Sundays ago charging at around 8 in the morning..
I went to a "going away" party at Ryans and then went to the movies. I made circles to all the chargers looking for an open one about 3:30PM.
Saw a Black (or was it blue) charging at the theaters. on my third trip around the spot at TJMax was open.
There was also a Dolphin Gray MS in the "on deck" space opposite the chargers when I got out of the movies about 9PM.
I got 0 miles charged. I was in the movies when I discovered it wasn't charging for some reason. Couldn't start it via the phone app
I had to unplug and re-plug to get it to start charging. I still didn't get a full charge by the time I got my car. I wish I had my HPWC hooked up.:crying:
Nanimac, If I had known you were out prowlin' I would have asked you to unplug and replug me.

Saw dsmith's car at the Nordstrom Rack/TJ Maxx parking garage tonight...am always happy to see a Tesla at those chargers instead of those low range EVs that always hog up the chargers :tongue: actually saw two Teslas (red and white) there a couple Sundays ago charging at around 8 in the morning..
Oh, was that you DSmith? I saw your car on the charger, the grey in the que spot, and another grey one driving into the lot. 4 MS in the same lot! All looking for a slot at the charger!

Today, when I came into work, there was a white MS parked under the tree. I know it is not Spleen's mom's car. It has the license plate in 3910. Not sure who owns it but at lunch, it was still there. The driver didn't move it over to charge. I didn't investigate what type of MS it is.

On another note, I have seen another black MS, a brown MS and a gray MS on Waialae Nui Ridge. I think that makes it a total of 6 MS on our hill.

Last edited:
Today, when I came into work, there was a white MS parked under the tree. I know it is not Spleen's mom's car. It has the license plate in 3000's. Not sure who owns it but at lunch, it was still there. The driver didn't move it over to charge. I didn't investigate what type of MS it is.

On another note, I have seen another black MS, a brown MS and a gray MS on Waialae Nui Ridge. I think that makes it a total of 6 MS on our hill.
I passed a silver one on the way home from Akikiki's place (going up the Pali). I thought I was passing myself for a moment.

I saw it!!! Model X! Actually my coworker's car who has a res for one...lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409973359.277299.jpg

I saw a RED 60 in Kaneohe today. I've met the driver. I pulled up next to him at a light and blew my itty-bitty horn until he saw me. Got the T-grin from him and gave him the Tesla nod. I guess he didn't know 'the nod', cus I didn't get it back. Oh well, I bet we were a sight to all those folks when they realized a pair of RED Model S's were in their front yard. It was cool.

Last edited:
Akikiki will win as he sits outside the SC when the flatbed delivers vehicles from the dock each week. :tongue:

Oh come on now. I've got more to do than that. I sit across the street from the SC at that new building they are constructing. I am over there counting and turning over gravel in the parking lot before its paved. They require me to turn each one over so they know I counted it.