Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Sightings in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was parked at the municipal parking lot in Kaimuki last night, when I left another white Model S was parked right next to me....that was cool, had mainland plates on it. not cali... but didn't remember where it was from...

Wow, I wonder which Supercharge he used to get here?

When I find these non-club MSs in the wild, I leave one of my personal cards on the window and hope they join us here to chat.

I was parked at the municipal parking lot in Kaimuki last night, when I left another white Model S was parked right next to me....that was cool, had mainland plates on it. not cali... but didn't remember where it was from...

That was me - Just off the boat a few days ago from Wisconsin. I figured I was required by law to park next to you. :)

ZF8lKyX.jpg

That was me - Just off the boat a few days ago from Wisconsin. I figured I was required by law to park next to you. :)

View attachment 69600

Wow. How about that? So, TMFS, you just moved here? We hope you will come out to our meet that we are trying to coordinate now.

We have a less public thread under Groups > Hawaii Tesla Owners, Contacts Information. We hope you will visit it. You can find info about us and we would enjoy hearing a little about yourself (and your car).

Bought a place here a couple of years ago. Live here part time for now, will become full time in the coming years.

This car is the P85 Signature - just under 30,000 miles at the moment.

I'm also just a tick under 30k miles. We will be competing for most mileage on a model S in Hawaii (according to the service center).

Went to the movies at Ward tonight... one of the spots was Leafed. they were plugged in (and not charging anymore) but still got a ticket.:biggrin: I didn't have the nerve to see what the ticket was for. probably for parking there all day long...:wink:
when I got out of the movies a Grey MS was in the spot, but not charging.:confused: I had to check twice, a MS that was not charging?:confused: it must have been Moby Dick.:tongue: (Get it? A mythical sighting of a Grey Whale, OK Moby Dick was White:rolleyes:, but still A MS that didn't need to drink?):cool:

Then it was likely me! Good eyes nanimac! I'll be out and about tomorrow morning as well--should be driving through Kailua at 05:00 tomorrow morning and returning to the Windward side from the airport via H3 around 06:45-07:30 if anyone's on that route.

Opened my sunroof today after lunch to show it to someone. just after it started to roll back I heard a "SNAP" the passenger side arm of the wind deflector broke. as the rain started I struggled to close the wounded hatch. I eventually got it shut. I made an appointment with the SC for a pickup in the AM and went back to work. after getting off work I jumped in my car and started toward town laughing at the cars on the other side of the highway inching along, bumper to bumper. as I got up to the speed limit I noticed the wind noise and stopped laughing and started to cry. I wouldn't be waiting until the morning for the ranger service to pickup my car. after 5 minutes of driving to the next exit, I turned around and inched along for another half hour to get back to where I started. another 20 minutes and I was at the SC picking up my Rotisserie red P85 loaner.

Then it was likely me! Good eyes nanimac! I'll be out and about tomorrow morning as well--should be driving through Kailua at 05:00 tomorrow morning and returning to the Windward side from the airport via H3 around 06:45-07:30 if anyone's on that route.

I typically see at least a couple Teslas stuck in traffic going west in the pearl city area while I'm driving along at full freeway speed in the zipper lane :) Figured they're on their way to the service center.