Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software 2019.16.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't made up my mind about the ELDA so will continue to use it for the time being. I did mention it to my husband tonight as his Model S just got the update last night and didn't want him to be shocked to hear the alarm warning if it goes off for him. I think I was more surprised thinking it was an AP feature (hadn't thoroughly read the Release Notes) and I knew AP was not enabled. I have on occasion felt the subtle rumbling vibration when Lane Departure Warning is activated and I'm driving more near the side of the roadway to avoid a pothole or trying to miss going over a manhole cover that is misaligned with the roadway surface. Reminds me of the rumble strips that were more common on highways. This new festure however is definitely an attention getter.

Anyway I do like the larger car visual on local roads and how it turns with you. Nicely done but not necessary but cool all the same. I like how the headlights are more visible and especially how you can see the reflection of the brake lights on the road when even on a more major roadway and the car appears smaller.

F5766A32-FF5E-4460-B929-77CEDE7F3C1A.jpeg

Last edited:
Yup SMA that’s the ELDA alert in action and you have to turn it off before every drive. It’s not the same as lane departure avoidance which just vibrates the steering wheel. It goes off even if you don’t have TACC or Auto steer engaged. I had Tesla Mobile service here today for a couple of minor issues and he told me Tesla is aware of the issue and that it should be resolved in a future firmware update. It needs to have the ability to be turned off permanently.

I really hope this is true. Totally agree that it needs to have toggle to turn off permanently. I don't use Autosteer on roads with one lane of travel in each direction because AP wants to center the car in the lane instead of hugging the right fog line like most people would naturally do. (I'm aware it's not recommended to use Autosteer in this situation in the first place, which is why I don't.) ELDA, however, seems to have been programmed on top of that AP logic to force you into the center of the lane, even when it is unsafe to do so.

I have been driving with 16.2 installed now for 3 days with no issues. Driving on freeways, country roads, two lane highways, etc. I do not use auto steer on rural one lane roads, but have on state highways and interstates with no issues so far.
After each update I do a hard reboot, disconnecting or shutting off my iPhone, turning the car off for 3 minutes and then turning my phone back on and starting the car. I think this procedure is helpful.

So far looking okay. The cars around you when stopped in traffic do seem to dance more and wish they were more true to placement. Some definitely look like they were swatting my car when I was driving on local 6-lane road and slowing down to stop.

I like the addition of the Sentry button at the top. Been using that instead of pulling out my phone to turn on in the app. At first wondered what the black dot was (turns to red eye when touched and activated).

Just a few minutes ago driving on a local 2-lane road, no center barrier, i was in lane and going into a curve (outside position) and got a red alert, warning beeps, and message in red that said something like steering was adjusted for your safety (not sure on exact wording). While I was in middle of my lane, apparently the other driver approaching me in his lane was perceived as being too close to the center line. I had both hands on the wheel, not on AP at all, and didn’t really feel a tug to the right so it was a subtle shift to the right I guess.

Haven’t used with TACC yet but not seeing anything major. Downloaded fine and I did do a two-wheel reboot after install.

Was finally able to do a more thorough test of AP/TACC and ELDA w/o AP and glad to report that all is working as described. I also reboot after each update. The only issue that remains is the dancing vehicles around you.

I have been driving with 16.2 installed now for 3 days with no issues. Driving on freeways, country roads, two lane highways, etc. I do not use auto steer on rural one lane roads, but have on state highways and interstates with no issues so far.
After each update I do a hard reboot, disconnecting or shutting off my iPhone, turning the car off for 3 minutes and then turning my phone back on and starting the car. I think this procedure is helpful.

I'm with you 100% and always advocate the reboot. I also have not had any issues on 16.2.

Was finally able to do a more thorough test of AP/TACC and ELDA w/o AP and glad to report that all is working as described. I also reboot after each update. The only issue that remains is the dancing vehicles around you.

My husband commented on them last night in fact as they were quite active. The cars on my display now look like they are at a dance party :p. For now I look at it as a form of entertainment.

• Funny
Reactions: FloridaGary
My husband commented on them last night in fact as they were quite active. The cars on my display now look like they are at a dance party :p. For now I look at it as a form of entertainment.

It certainly is. I was at a stop light next to a bicyclist on my left, and it turned from a bicycle to a motorbike to.. a truck!
Music playing at the time was also very à propos:

• Funny
Reactions: simpsong00