Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software 2019.16.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tell how ELDA works or doesn’t work please j.

Hi h - Just did a 412 mile round trip test drive to the Kettleman City Superchargers today. Only 5 of the 40 superchargers were occupied. Had the barista made coffee drinks and bought a long sleeve t-shirt.

I had ELDA activated and did not get any warning chimes or touchscreen display message alerts. What problems were you experiencing ? Wifi and LTE works the same as before. Only used NOA for about a third of the trip and then went back to steering on my own because of all the potholes on I-5. Sentry mode worked as expected, although I did get an alert there was one sentry mode event. Is there a way to specifically search what the event was or when it happened ? Didn't have time to check all the video clips yet, but didn't see any body damage. The update seems okay to me so far, but it has been only a day since I got it.

Reactions: willow_hiller
Hi h - Just did a 412 mile round trip test drive to the Kettleman City Superchargers today. Only 5 of the 40 superchargers were occupied. Had the barista made coffee drinks and bought a long sleeve t-shirt.

I had ELDA activated and did not get any warning chimes or touchscreen display message alerts. What problems were you experiencing ? Wifi and LTE works the same as before. Only used NOA for about a third of the trip and then went back to steering on my own because of all the potholes on I-5. Sentry mode worked as expected, although I did get an alert there was one sentry mode event. Is there a way to specifically search what the event was or when it happened ? Didn't have time to check all the video clips yet, but didn't see any body damage. The update seems okay to me so far, but it has been only a day since I got it.

Chances are someone walked by your car setting off a Sentry event. When this happens, you should press the teslacam icon to save the video clip and then review the video from the “saved” folder.

Chances are someone walked by your car setting off a Sentry event. When this happens, you should press the teslacam icon to save the video clip and then review the video from the “saved” folder.

Sentry mode clips are saved by default. No need to press the teslacam button. Only need to do that if you need to save a dashcam video as those overwrite.

It should also be noted that Saved DashCam videos AND Sentry Videos are not written over and eventually will fill up your drive and cause them both to stop working. I had this happen a few weeks ago where I noticed the dashcam was no longer working (I turn on Sentry every time I get out of the car) only to find that my drive was full. Of videos of stray cats jumping on my car every night. :|

Reactions: Magnets!
After receiving 16.2 forward collision warning was reset to early on my car. Might be same on yours.

I had a false positive today but I couldn't really blame my car because I actually would have reacted the same.
The car in front of me just barely missed rear ending the car in front of him. My M3 predicted (as I would have) a collision and responded accordingly. This was at about 15 miles an hour in fairly heavy traffic. I had my follow distance set to 1 car and my car seemed to break in two phases. There was an initial break, (medium) and a secondary break (more moderate). I feel the car behind me had time to react because of this. Also no one was really going all that fast. I need to check to make sure warning wasn't set to early as yours was. I like the idea of looking as far forward as possible, but fear that it might not be ready for that just yet.

As yet I've not had a single false lane departure warning. No country road driving yet although I'll be up in the Sierra this weekend and then driving to Vegas the following week so we'll get some good mileage in the books coming up soon. :)

Thanks j. It’s weird. I’ve done 3 reboots since installing 16.2. Like I said the update broke all if the stuff I mentioned. However yesterday everything was working fine. It’s almost as if driving the car for a while makes it learn something. I still hate ELDA. Actually I don’t hate it but I do hate having to turn it off before every drive. Enough people have complained and hopefully Tesla will make this feature still available but give us the ability to permanently turn it off. In my case here, I do a 3 times a week drive on a 2 lane road with a line painted on right side of the road. That line is what sets my ELDA off. No line no warning. Have a great day.

In my case here, I do a 3 times a week drive on a 2 lane road with a line painted on right side of the road. That line is what sets my ELDA off. No line no warning. Have a great day.

Good Morning h - I did drive on some 2 lane stretches with the painted white line on the right side of the road and I didn't get any alerts or messages. Glad to hear your car is working fine now..Our Chevy Volt has something kinda, sorta similar to ELDA and there is a button on the steering wheel to turn it off or on. You have a great day as well !!

Reactions: hcdavis3
Sentry mode clips are saved by default. No need to press the teslacam button. Only need to do that if you need to save a dashcam video as those overwrite.

It should also be noted that Saved DashCam videos AND Sentry Videos are not written over and eventually will fill up your drive and cause them both to stop working. I had this happen a few weeks ago where I noticed the dashcam was no longer working (I turn on Sentry every time I get out of the car) only to find that my drive was full. Of videos of stray cats jumping on my car every night. :|

Thanks for the clarification.

Jag njuter av min nya svenska Tesla-upplevelse sedan installerat den senaste mjukvaruläsen, woo-hoo!

[All my ol' 2013 Model S got out of this release was Swedish Language Support. Now all conversations held in the car have to be in Swedish. It's a pain, but we're slowly getting the hang of it. :rolleyes: ]

• Funny
Reactions: willow_hiller
Good Morning h - I did drive on some 2 lane stretches with the painted white line on the right side of the road and I didn't get any alerts or messages. Glad to hear your car is working fine now..Our Chevy Volt has something kinda, sorta similar to ELDA and there is a button on the steering wheel to turn it off or on. You have a great day as well !!
Hi j. Today with no lines on right side of the road it went off twice. Auto steer was engaged. Please Tesla let me turn this off permanently.

• Love
Reactions: Msjulie
So far looking okay. The cars around you when stopped in traffic do seem to dance more and wish they were more true to placement. Some definitely look like they were swatting my car when I was driving on local 6-lane road and slowing down to stop.

I like the addition of the Sentry button at the top. Been using that instead of pulling out my phone to turn on in the app. At first wondered what the black dot was (turns to red eye when touched and activated).

Just a few minutes ago driving on a local 2-lane road, no center barrier, i was in lane and going into a curve (outside position) and got a red alert, warning beeps, and message in red that said something like steering was adjusted for your safety (not sure on exact wording). While I was in middle of my lane, apparently the other driver approaching me in his lane was perceived as being too close to the center line. I had both hands on the wheel, not on AP at all, and didn’t really feel a tug to the right so it was a subtle shift to the right I guess.

Haven’t used with TACC yet but not seeing anything major. Downloaded fine and I did do a two-wheel reboot after install.

Reactions: FloridaGary
With 16.2, does anybody get very nervous/jumpy/agitated neighbouring cars in the animation? In mine, it's getting ridiculous: when I'm stopped in a light, if I were to believe the car, there would be cars doing 180s in the middle of the traffic lanes and hitting mine. Ah, and they're transformers, passenger cars turning into vans, rotating, hitting my car and turning back into passenger cars.

Amazing.
Yes, we have seriously dancing renders when stopped in traffic.

So far looking okay. The cars around you when stopped in traffic do seem to dance more and wish they were more true to placement. Some definitely look like they were swatting my car when I was driving on local 6-lane road and slowing down to stop.

I like the addition of the Sentry button at the top. Been using that instead of pulling out my phone to turn on in the app. At first wondered what the black dot was (turns to red eye when touched and activated).

Just a few minutes ago driving on a local 2-lane road, no center barrier, i was in lane and going into a curve (outside position) and got a red alert, warning beeps, and message in red that said something like steering was adjusted for your safety (not sure on exact wording). While I was in middle of my lane, apparently the other driver approaching me in his lane was perceived as being too close to the center line. I had both hands on the wheel, not on AP at all, and didn’t really feel a tug to the right so it was a subtle shift to the right I guess.

Haven’t used with TACC yet but not seeing anything major. Downloaded fine and I did do a two-wheel reboot after install.
Yup SMA that’s the ELDA alert in action and you have to turn it off before every drive. It’s not the same as lane departure avoidance which just vibrates the steering wheel. It goes off even if you don’t have TACC or Auto steer engaged. I had Tesla Mobile service here today for a couple of minor issues and he told me Tesla is aware of the issue and that it should be resolved in a future firmware update. It needs to have the ability to be turned off permanently.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Msjulie and SMAlset