Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software 2019.16.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got done with a longer drive and I did have a couple issues. One was a bit scary. I think I might know what's going on (at least for my issues) though...

I have not had any issues where either flavor of lane departure has triggered, and I was on everything from highways to very VERY unimproved roads as well as everything in between. So that issue does not seem to be one I am having. This after about 400 miles.

What I did have were 3 instances where the car in front of me turned red and my Model 3 braked. All 3 of these instances were more the display of a warning, beeping and in one case, some light breaking.

Then there was one instance where I was doing 70 miles per hour on the freeway and there was zero warning or notification before heavy breaking. This one scared me. Other than getting flipped off by the guy behind me, we all got away with it, but yikes, that's never happened before. In every case, I had AP on in one form or another (never nav on autopilot).

What I noticed about all of the collision incidents was that in each case the car in front of me was either tailgating someone or in one case the car in front of me was towing a small car sized trailer. So I think my car thought it was a car being tailgated. This leads me to believe that the new software is "predicting" a collision where one is not going to occur.

My collision alerts are set to "Medium".

Hope this is helpful to someone. I did file a service report on my experiences.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
I’m on 2019.16.2 and had an earlier-than-usual and VERY sudden auto emergency braking (AEB) situation earlier today.
On city roads, following a car through stop signs, i kept rolling slowly forward in anticipation that the stopped car in front of me would start moving forward (which it did), my car freaked out and braked suddenly - enough to squeal the tires.
I could not even start moving forward again until several seconds later.

I’ve never seen this on prior releases and my driving has definitely not changed recently.
Also, I have forward collision warning set to Late, but not sure that matters for this type of AEB scenario.

I’ve tried multiple reboots... looks like time to contact service.

There is a specific reboot process that Tesla recommends.

1. Turn off the auto sentry mode
2. Depress both scroll-wheels until the Tesla T shows on your screen.
3. Go to the setting that shuts down your car completely...wait 3 minutes
4. Open up car door to turn car back on. ( Do not depress brake pedal)

If this does not resolve your issue, call Tesla service.

• Informative
Reactions: ibGeek
This is a cross post but given all the help everyone offered I wanted to post an update here:

No lane or vehicle visualizations and no AP. Tried every reboot many times, finally scheduled a service center visit for next week earlier today. Within hours the SC emailed me asking me about time/date it started being symptomatic. They pulled the logs and sent me the newest update 16.3.2 and all problems appear resolved! I was impressed with the efficiency.