Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla Profiles
Keep your settings and preferences synchronized across all supported vehicles using your Tesla account including
- Mirror, seating and steering wheel adjustments
- Autopilot, driving and climate control preferences
- Navigation, media and data sharing preferences

You can set up your Tesla Profile from Driver Profile settings and change your profile picture from the Tesla Mobile app.

Blind Spot Cameras
Adjust the placement of your blind spot camera on your display by dragging the camera feed.
The camera feed will appear in the same position when your blinker is active.
To enable, tap Controls > Autopilot > Automatic Blind Spot Camera.

Traffic Along Route
Any slow traffic conditions along your navigation route are now shown prominently as part of the route line on the map
Note: This feature requires Premium Connectivity.

Driver profiles
Driver profile improvements Any navigation recents or favorites will now be saved to the active driver profile
---------------------

Quick play I had with 2022.24.6 I noticed
When navigation is in use and the map isn't displayed the directions now appear at the top of the car info screen
instead of the bottom

indicators have been moved to above the regen/acceleration line on the car info screen

3 positions for blindspot camera location in car info screen top, bottom
or middle of nav map

It looks like my car (2019) is now using Tesla vision
when I went back to view the release notes I can now see

2022.20 release notes - Tesla vision your car is now running Tesla Vision

I don't remember seeing that before
Anyone else feeling car being little jumpy since vision update? in some instances it drives by itself very nice - so nice that one could literally take a 15 minutes nap... whereas in other instances car just suddenly stops or extremely slows down for no valid reason...

Anyone else feeling car being little jumpy since vision update? in some instances it drives by itself very nice - so nice that one could literally take a 15 minutes nap... whereas in other instances car just suddenly stops or extremely slows down for no valid reason...
Yes to what I assume is phantom braking using cruise control 100kph. Really unnerving and causes me to use it less. Has happened every trip out, two times being the norm on each trip. Car is new, done 1200km.

Reactions: Audietron
Yes to what I assume is phantom braking using cruise control 100kph. Really unnerving and causes me to use it less. Has happened every trip out, two times being the norm on each trip. Car is new, done 1200km.
lucky you... I had it happening within 300KM... scary experience, specially when family is in car.

from experience, it takes around 3000-4000 KM before we adjust to Tesla surprises as most of the issues are hidden and never openly discussed or listed by Tesla... by around 4000KM you either get your tricks and triggers to use it expertly and navigate issues or you give up and drive it like very expansive basic car without any fancy features or driving assistance.

Yep yesterday late afternoon sunny
Sun low, long shadows across the motorway
Heavy traffic on the motorway
Started bunny hopping along. Rather like someone who's learning to drive a manual car.
Got so bad I was going to turn of FSD
But for science I'd see what happens
Went on for about 100mtrs and stopped "hopping"as suddenly as it started

The only thing that I could think was different was traffic speed was increasing and the sun was a little less bright
This was on 2022.24.6

• Informative
Yep yesterday late afternoon sunny
Sun low, long shadows across the motorway
Heavy traffic on the motorway
Started bunny hopping along. Rather like someone who's learning to drive a manual car.
Got so bad I was going to turn of FSD
But for science I'd see what happens
Went on for about 100mtrs and stopped "hopping"as suddenly as it started

The only thing that I could think was different was traffic speed was increasing and the sun was a little less bright
This was on 2022.24.6
yeah, possessed car experience...
it's better driving with less steering prompts for sure... until it decides to throw collision warning (nothing in front, unless ghost detected), sudden breaking or slowing down for no reason (probably ghost or fancy charger detected) and sometime annoying steering prompts which never go away after nudging for endless time (probably in cuddle mode)... car is more alive and I guess AI is slowly thinking like living being... waiting till my car starts asking for minimum wages - 😂 😆

• Funny
Reactions: Ecoli
Not much in the release notes
Maybe some undocumented changes

Alternate Routes
View up to three routes when navigating to a destination.
Quickly compare the total travel time and traffic information for each route.

Note: Traffic information is only displayed with Premium Connectivity.

Theater mode
Full screen Theater Mode can now be minimized, allowing access to vehicle controls without video playback interruption.
Tap the minimize button on the top left corner of the window to toggle full screen mode.

Not much in the release notes
Maybe some undocumented changes

Alternate Routes
View up to three routes when navigating to a destination.
Quickly compare the total travel time and traffic information for each route.

Note: Traffic information is only displayed with Premium Connectivity.

Theater mode
Full screen Theater Mode can now be minimized, allowing access to vehicle controls without video playback interruption.
Tap the minimize button on the top left corner of the window to toggle full screen mode.
Interesting, never received this one.... directly received the next.

As with other updates, 28.2 will include what 28.1 includes. For whatever reason, Alternate Routes has not been classed as worthy of having its own line entry on the update notes that the car shows (possibly because it's turning on a feature that was added for China many updates ago). However, if you try navigate somewhere you should see it present a few options (if there are any).

As with other updates, 28.2 will include what 28.1 includes. For whatever reason, Alternate Routes has not been classed as worthy of having its own line entry on the update notes that the car shows (possibly because it's turning on a feature that was added for China many updates ago). However, if you try navigate somewhere you should see it present a few options (if there are any).
Not seeing it in any navigation settings or results.... place I go to get some bubble tea is having 4 different ways to get there and car chooses fastest route every time since I had it. never shows or not yet showing multiple options, so I guess Elonta thinks I am not ready to make my own choices yet 😂 :rolleyes: 😆

If you open release notes again
Alternate routes and theater mode
Updates should both be listed

When I got in my car after updating only
Theater mode was listed even though alternate route was working.

Once I opened the release notes again it was there in the notes.
This was on 2022.28.1
Must be some sort of bug release notes

Not seeing it in any navigation settings or results.... place I go to get some bubble tea is having 4 different ways to get there and car chooses fastest route every time since I had it. never shows or not yet showing multiple options, so I guess Elonta thinks I am not ready to make my own choices yet 😂 :rolleyes: 😆
Alternate routes showed up for me on the map once I set a destination
I could choose between 3 different routes. The route changed by tapping on each on the map. This was before driving leaving

Maybe it depends on your destination

There was no setting to change or enable it just worked after updating

Alternate routes showed up for me on the map once I set a destination
I could choose between 3 different routes. The route changed by tapping on each on the map. This was before driving leaving

Maybe it depends on your destination

There was no setting to change or enable it just worked after updating
Karma... I am not getting anything yet... maybe because I jumped the update or maybe I am getting it once I prove I can make good choices in life... Elonta and all mystery.