Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I'm not sure what you are asking?

You need to have bought or leased FSD to get access to it.

You then need to request the beta

Then you need to drive a minimum of 100 miles and get a high enough safety score

To be able to run the beta. As the beta improves the safety score will reduce and more people will get to be in the beta program.

At some point it will cease being beta and everyone who has bought it will have access to it.

They will absolutely not hand out FSD beta trials to people who dont currently own or pay for fsd. They may do this once its no longer beta but given you can just lease it for a month to try i doubt it.
I tried but couldn't find info on how to request entry to that Beta... only could find announcements in late September and early October
I'm pety sure you either have to have a FSD subscription or purchased FSD and have to have a qualifying safety score
To be granted access to the new FSD beta

If not...pretty good bargin for driving safely!

I'd be pissed if I'd paid cold hard cash for FSD and access was given to someone just for having a good safety score without them paying for the privilege. So would alot of other paying customers
Very true... We are in same boat... When I wouldn't be pissed off any more than I already am, I would at least like to be rewarded in form of early adopter as being existing paid customer risking his life everyday with sketchy FSD and helping them to correct algorithm.

Today when using "Navigate on Auto drive", Once rain started, car says "bad weather, auto drive not available".... what a chickenshit - if we build computer to be scared to bit - we will definitely work for them one day (as half the time I am working for my car's computer as unpaid driving instructor 😂 :rolleyes: )

• Funny
Reactions: Ecoli
The new models have Pedestrian Warning System, and boombox
PWS is an outside speaker that plays sound when your car is traveling slowly
Boombox plays custom sounds outside the car
It's this that will play your voice from the Tesla app (if it's real)
it allow custom sounds played outside the car.

Not sure PWS/boombox is fitted in newer cars for NZ
it didn't exist when mine was new
As far as I know it's not a legal requirement
in NZ that EV's make a noise when driven

Well it starting to look like we won't be getting 2021.36.8 in NZ, it's looking like US only for now
2021.40 has started to roll out internationally
The .40 release notes don't mention remote sentry viewing

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron
Well it starting to look like we won't be getting 2021.36.8 in NZ, it's looking like US only for now
2021.40 has started to roll out internationally
The .40 release notes don't mention remote sentry viewing

you mean we are sub humans? for same money and same car, we wouldn't be allowed the key features other countries can enjoy already?

When comes to virus (biology or computer), everyone gets same treatment, but when comes to return for money, New Zealand is mostly left behind... furious :mad:

I vote for mostly a mystery :)

Some countries may not allow some features, require approvals or modification
in Europe for example summon distance and NoA turning was restricted

Germany has strict rules about video recording and privacy
China also had an issue with sentry mode recordings that was resolved by having the data hosted in China

Tesla may have decided it was to hard to get sentry mode video remote viewing approved for other countries
and decided to stick with the land of the free for now.
Or many be they decided it was more important to get Active Road Noise Reduction out
to S & X cars now and worry about sentry mode video remote viewing for other counties later

• Informative
I vote for mostly a mystery :)

Some countries may not allow some features, require approvals or modification
in Europe for example summon distance and NoA turning was restricted

Germany has strict rules about video recording and privacy
China also had an issue with sentry mode recordings that was resolved by having the data hosted in China

Tesla may have decided it was to hard to get sentry mode video remote viewing approved for other countries
and decided to stick with the land of the free for now.
Or many be they decided it was more important to get Active Road Noise Reduction out
to S & X cars now and worry about sentry mode video remote viewing for other counties later
Either they are keeping out of privacy issues by keeping it only when connected "potentially peer-2-peer connection with car), or using cloud and misrepresenting the fact that they don't collect dashcam and sentry mode data.... in first instance, no countries will have major issues (in terms of data collection - as mentioned for china) but privacy issue always been there... in second instance, it's stupid solution as those videos are large and could become surveillance mode for USA.

back to point.... all customers should get all the features, or get notification that why they aren't getting something... communication with customer is part of customer care.

point updates have always (or at least since I got my car over 2 years ago) been this way. I don't recall any that release changes and they have the same release notes as prior point releases. that's the way most software dev works that I'm familiar with but it would be nice if they published a list of bug fixes like other SW so folks don't speculate on whether some behavior has changed or not.

• Informative
point updates have always (or at least since I got my car over 2 years ago) been this way. I don't recall any that release changes and they have the same release notes as prior point releases. that's the way most software dev works that I'm familiar with but it would be nice if they published a list of bug fixes like other SW so folks don't speculate on whether some behavior has changed or not.
Exactly. simply because, if they always did it wrong, that doesn't automatically make it right way to do it.
being in IT for two decades and spending childhood obsessing with digital world, I can confirm that release notes are always designed to address following:
  1. What we fixed in this release.
  2. What we introduced in this release
  3. What we have workaround with this release (not yet fixed)
  4. What we are suspecting to not work with this release
otherwise it's not called release notes, but they are more like new feature announcements.

Wikipadia says the similar: Release notes - Wikipedia

1636231990464.png

Doing things differently is good, but that shouldn't be justification for every shortcomings and non-transparency... If car company want to be treated as software company because they think they are AI company - they should behave like one - simple as.

When was the last time any of us downloaded large piece of software to our mobile phone or computer without knowing what it is? Now add reality to it that only we depend on mobile and computer, not our passengers and other road users. every software download, should be justified and explained - othewise hard to track what was genuine and what was delivered by criminals..

Last edited: