Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just arrived in Taupo from Welly after the first drive with v11.

I totally agree on the blind spot positioning, especially for me as a hand controls driver as my wireless accelerator doo-dad sits on the back of my left hand and totally blocks the image, especially indicating left.

I also don’t like that the LTE bars are not on the top of the screen. Ditto the driver profile. Both of those moved for absolutely zero benefit to my way of thinking - it’s not as if the space they used to occupy is being used for anything, far less anything more useful.

Jury is out on the little configurable dock for me - I’m leaning toward it being too small to be truly useful, though it’s definitely a good idea. I think better is that the app tray has everything in it using the three dots to bring it up and maybe just the last used section is all it needs. It was nice having direct access to Theatre and the FM radio when both ended up in the recently used part.

As a general rule fewer clicks are better, but that’s in tension with keeping the UI clean and simple, though my initial impression is that some of the stuff moved to the car menu was better where it was before.

I’m not sure where to try the light show for the one time I'll run it

The navigation directions are also now bottom right where the blindspot camera is displayed
When you have any other screen other than the map displayed.
It seems like they got rid of the cards, tyre pressure, consumption etc and chucked everything else in that space
Notifications, text messages, Nav directions, blindspot camera, prob some others I've forgotten all in the same area
That area can easily be obscured by your hand position

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron
The navigation directions are also now bottom right where the blindspot camera is displayed
When you have any other screen other than the map displayed.
It seems like they got rid of the cards, tyre pressure, consumption etc and chucked everything else in that space
Notifications, text messages, Nav directions, blindspot camera, prob some others I've forgotten all in the same area
That area can easily be obscured by your hand position
Probably soon new patch/update allowing us to choose where that small display junction we wish to be.... part of the MAP (makes more sense), upper end of right side of screen (where it should be) or centre of the screen (many might prefer)... unless they are going to retrofit all cars with swivel screens

I care because BT/phone has been intermittently crap in my car - not enough to bother me but a quick tap on the screen would let me connect my phone quickly. However now i have to find it, just new learning but frustrating too.
well I created my own issue with mobile... I was gifted a foldable mobile, now after changing the mobile, it wouldn't reach to charging pad located in middle of the mobile holder/wifi-charging tray.... had been keeping folded mobile on top of Chewing-Gum pack for last two days to bring it near to charging pad 😂

They've just moved, none of that should be anything you use on a daily basis, it should just work
LTE doesn’t work for sections of the Desert Road and points South from there. Car is crap at connecting to WiFi also. Two instances where it does not “just work”. Given the space vacated by the LTE signal indicator has been used for absolutely nothing I stand by it being a retrograde step.

To be fair, after a second day in the car most of the “upgrade” is a step backward, though I’ve had more than enough Tesla to do me for a few days to come, so maybe I’m not being objective. Right now I’m somewhere between being unable to recommend one to anyone who asks and wishing I hadn’t bought the thing myself.

Reactions: Audietron
LTE doesn’t work for sections of the Desert Road and points South from there. Car is crap at connecting to WiFi also. Two instances where it does not “just work”. Given the space vacated by the LTE signal indicator has been used for absolutely nothing I stand by it being a retrograde step.

To be fair, after a second day in the car most of the “upgrade” is a step backward, though I’ve had more than enough Tesla to do me for a few days to come, so maybe I’m not being objective. Right now I’m somewhere between being unable to recommend one to anyone who asks and wishing I hadn’t bought the thing myself.
Welcome to the club....
after almost 3600KMs now since 25th September, I am yet to be convinced that I made a right decision to move away from my trustworthy production car Audi A8L to always out to kill me Tesla model 3.
I still have Model S/X/Cybertruck booked, hoping future happens along the way (by mid 2023ish) or Tesla will convince me never to come back.... till that time I am human test object always alert and pushing limits of Full Self Driving, which is wrongly named 😂