Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I'm a change addict, but I quite like v11. Took a little playing around to get the hang of where things had moved and we just got back from a long drive which helped.

It's fresher and more modern looking, especially in dark mode, and being able to customise the app area for each driver is nice. It would be better to be able to add a few more options from the controls page and have more favorite icon space though.

I agree that having the profile on the top is missed but then it's something I only touch once per drive max. It's sometimes useful to glance at the LTE status in v10 but Wifi or BT is something I rarely need to do anything with so not missed having it there all the time.

Also agree, blindspot camera is great but would be better if not blocked by my left hand. My repeater isn't one of the newer ones I guess since at night it is blinded by the indicator flashing.

All in all, I think just a few minor tweaks and improvements are all that's needed. And how many other 2 year old cars all of a sudden feel new?

Reactions: Audietron
Yeah had a free sub for a week before they killed it??

Will sign up to the $2 option today I think , getting a home streamer too (unrelated) so that would be nice to go with

I A/B'd a few songs between spotify and tidal in the car and tidal is a solid chunk better

Maybe I'm a change addict, but I quite like v11. Took a little playing around to get the hang of where things had moved and we just got back from a long drive which helped.

It's fresher and more modern looking, especially in dark mode, and being able to customise the app area for each driver is nice. It would be better to be able to add a few more options from the controls page and have more favorite icon space though.

I agree that having the profile on the top is missed but then it's something I only touch once per drive max. It's sometimes useful to glance at the LTE status in v10 but Wifi or BT is something I rarely need to do anything with so not missed having it there all the time.

Also agree, blindspot camera is great but would be better if not blocked by my left hand. My repeater isn't one of the newer ones I guess since at night it is blinded by the indicator flashing.

All in all, I think just a few minor tweaks and improvements are all that's needed. And how many other 2 year old cars all of a sudden feel new?
Just had another update installed yesterday... they improved lightshow (I made two custom so far) and now LTE icons showing if there is no connectivity - otherwise it's hidden (makes sense)... all camera display quality is much smoother and improved compare to before.

Yeah had a free sub for a week before they killed it??

Will sign up to the $2 option today I think , getting a home streamer too (unrelated) so that would be nice to go with

I A/B'd a few songs between spotify and tidal in the car and tidal is a solid chunk better
getting off topic, but I got a streamer for home a few months ago and that's what got me interested in Tidal. Enjoy...

Installed 2021.44.30 this arvo - no release notes so unsure what was included.

However on today’s short drive, what i did notice that was different was that on the maps (when navigating) the map doesn’t ‘move’ with the road in relation to the car’s position if that makes sense? I also couldn’t find the little compass icon to re-orient the map.

Reactions: Audietron
Installed 2021.44.30 this arvo - no release notes so unsure what was included.

However on today’s short drive, what i did notice that was different was that on the maps (when navigating) the map doesn’t ‘move’ with the road in relation to the car’s position if that makes sense? I also couldn’t find the little compass icon to re-orient the map.
Compass icon is hidden now.... so when map is in navigation mode, click on the directions or destination panel, on left top corner you will see N, NW, SW, etc.... change it to SW something and you will be back to follow the car. from you comment it sounds like you are in default mode of route (circular icon)