Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is old hat for many of you, but I am super excited by negative electric bills. -$17 this month on Amigo energy.
Total actual usage during this time was 1997kWh, 515kWh was car charging over night. A little over 700kWh of usage was on solar.

View attachment 1046153
It was the second time I have ever canceled a Retail energy contract and paid basically nothing. Amazing JustE. Credits

Reactions: DrewHou
I just learned something about Tesla Glass Roof. I currently don’t see any damage. Baseball sized hail was hitting my MYP.
Amazing. I had my family on the road out of town. On FSD. I had to pull over once I saw a fire start from the wind and lightning. I’m glad I pulled over. The. The hail storm started. We set in a Dollar General parking lot for 20 minutes.
1715551702647.png
IMG_1612.png

We got the alert after the *sugar* Started. 😂

Since I was able to get some information from a Tesla contact on possible new electric plans.
What would make you switch to Tesla Electric?
Please comment. I would like to have some good advice to give Tesla Electric as a current customer.
While I was with Just Energy. I would message TE from time to time. Showing TE my bill from JE.
Showing them why I left and why others left.
Hopefully this will be the change that TE can make to keep install customers with them as well as Vehicle owners.

Plan 1
Buy Back Credits and cash out for Cash. ( 90% of realtime rate)
Peak 8am-8pm - (.12 per kWh )
Off Peak 8pm - 8am -( .07 per kWh)
$15 unlimited Charging per Tesla

Plan 2
Buy Back Credits and Cash out for Cash
Lower real time rate maybe 45%
Peak 7am-11pm - (.22 per kWh )
Off Peak 11pm-7am - Free Nights

What Say You?

I just learned something about Tesla Glass Roof. I currently don’t see any damage. Baseball sized hail was hitting my MYP.
Amazing. I had my family on the road out of town. On FSD. I had to pull over once I saw a fire start from the wind and lightning. I’m glad I pulled over. The. The hail storm started. We set in a Dollar General parking lot for 20 minutes.
View attachment 1046542View attachment 1046541
We got the alert after the *sugar* Started. 😂
Wow! Glad everyone is good.

Reactions: Jones1
Since I was able to get some information from a Tesla contact on possible new electric plans.
Please comment. I would like to have some good advice to give Tesla Electric as a current customer.
While I was with Just Energy. I would message TE from time to time. Showing TE my bill from JE.
Hopefully this will be the change that TE can make to keep install customers with them as well as Vehicle owners.

Plan 1

Plan 2

What Say You?
I mean Plan 2 would have me think about it. 11pm would prob still have me pass I think 9pm is the right spot for off peak for my usage. Also the free nights need to not be limited ie allows me to charge EV and PWs and no extra charges to allow for it. Pretty much I would want them to match JE for me to make the switch. If they ever do that I will sign up immediately.

Plan 1

Plan 2

What Say You?
Plan 1, Off Peak at $.07, I assume that includes the delivery charge? ONCOR charges me $.0455 in the DFW area and TE charges $.07 now.

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
I believe Centerpoint charges .04 cents plus a monthly fee for delivery charges.

Plan 2
Free nights would be charge anything.

Plan 1 TE would charge the PW up during off peak. I believe. They still do that now with the PW plan. Non Unlimited Nights plan.

They would also be available VPP so that’s $10 per PW.

I believe Centerpoint charges .04 cents plus a monthly fee for delivery charges.

Plan 2
Free nights would be charge anything.

Plan 1 TE would charge the PW up during off peak. I believe. They still do that now with the PW plan. Non Unlimited Nights plan.

They would also be available VPP so that’s $10 per PW.
I'm still waiting for VPP. I did get a message from Tesla while I was on vacation that they were going to be testing my PW on May 9th to confirm qualification. They said they would continue to pay me $10/mo/PW, but I'm not getting that now. Will I get the $10/mo for this month and maybe in the future?

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
Those that want on VPP... any concerns about the warranty? It looks like if you enroll in VPP of any sort, even though there's still a 10yr warranty, there is a throughput cap at 37.8MWh. If I use my last month's through put of the powerwall (I assume in/out), it looks to be about 470kWh. So, doing the math, it'd in theory reduce the warranty to ~6 years or so....

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
I'm still waiting for VPP. I did get a message from Tesla while I was on vacation that they were going to be testing my PW on May 9th to confirm qualification. They said they would continue to pay me $10/mo/PW, but I'm not getting that now. Will I get the $10/mo for this month and maybe in the future?

I’m hoping it happens soon. $30 would be a nice way to stack up with credits to eliminate bills annually.

I mean Plan 2 would have me think about it. 11pm would prob still have me pass I think 9pm is the right spot for off peak for my usage. Also the free nights need to not be limited ie allows me to charge EV and PWs and no extra charges to allow for it. Pretty much I would want them to match JE for me to make the switch. If they ever do that I will sign up immediately.
Same, the weak point of current nights-free plans is that the buy back rate is very low and we can’t participate in VPP. If TE offered nights free with a 45% market rate buyback and VPP I’d switch in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Those that want on VPP... any concerns about the warranty? It looks like if you enroll in VPP of any sort, even though there's still a 10yr warranty, there is a throughput cap at 37.8MWh. If I use my last month's through put of the powerwall (I assume in/out), it looks to be about 470kWh. So, doing the math, it'd in theory reduce the warranty to ~6 years or so....

Nope. If I can get paid like my coworkers. I can stack enough money to buy LFP PW3 or PW6. Whenever they go out.
Then it becomes a business.
Including PowerShare sell to grid.

Ugh what now. Says no WiFi so I scan for WiFi and it says no WiFi available. There’s an ongoing outage but my WiFi is up and can see several of my neighbors WiFi on my phone yet power wall says no WiFi around. Anyone got any ideas how to fix this one? 😩
IMG_1576.png

Attachments

• IMG_1577.png
    IMG_1577.png
    270.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Informative
My AT&T service has been poor the last few days. Not sure what’s going on. I know Tesla uses AT&T as well as your Home WiFi.
Man that sucks.
How is the neighborhood @DrewHou ? I see it’s a lot of high water in the Groves.
I reached out to Tesla and they had me reset and then after that didn’t work they told me to wait for Tier 2 support again… thankfully I fixed it after resetting the system for the 4th time. Idk 🤷‍♂️

The rain really came down hard for a long bit and water started to rise but thankfully it didn’t get very bad. I haven’t been out though I’m sure the usual spots are a mess. That was a lot of rain.

I know this is old hat for many of you, but I am super excited by negative electric bills. -$17 this month on Amigo energy.
Total actual usage during this time was 1997kWh, 515kWh was car charging over night. A little over 700kWh of usage was on solar.

View attachment 1046153
So you are charging batteries at night, and using solar at daytime?

I have only solar and have amassed $200 in credits.