Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BD1A6D01-067E-42BD-A7BE-614234EA1E4F.jpeg

This is what my app says as well. Seems like there is built in protections that keep it from pushing to the grid prior to PTO, but maybe there’s another reason behind them telling you differently.

I have one of those disconnects inside my garage near my powerwalls. I was told it was an emergency disconnect and that to power down the solar and powerwalls was the box next to the gateway box. Idk what’s correct. Either way my installers made sure my system was up and running before they left and told me that I can use it as normal until PTO comes and then I just need to change the setting in the app. Strange how they told you to turn it on just to test things but with me they said it’s all powered up and your good to run it as normal from here on out.
I might turn it on tomorrow to check it after work. Then forget that it’s on. Just saying….. 😂

Ok so I nerded up a little. So the 2 inverter’s are rated at 7.6kw per inverter. So they kept one turned off to make sure I don’t over produce and send to the grid I think. I’m going back outside and turn one back off like they had it. I’ll test it with one on tomorrow. When I get home tomorrow. I will test with both on. For a short time.

Reactions: DrewHou
They turned this breaker off
They said it would be a $500 fine. If my system back fed before PTO.
Yeah maybe you are expected to produce more excess than I am that’s the reason. All I know is if I get hit with a fine Tesla will be paying for it since they told me to leave it on. I will keep an eye on the app though in case it decides to start exporting to the grid suddenly haha.

Reactions: Jones1
Yeah maybe you are expected to produce more excess than I am that’s the reason. All I know is if I get hit with a fine Tesla will be paying for it since they told me to leave it on. I will keep an eye on the app though in case it decides to start exporting to the grid suddenly haha.
Yes. My wife told me what about the Fine. I told her. I’m just worried about the system working correctly. $500 is nothing compared to what we will pay over 10 years. I want PTO. So I will Risk it. For the Biscuit. Go Astros!!!

Seriously. Thanks for all the help you have contributed.

I have my wife at home. While I’m watching the app at work.
With one or two inverters on. They will pull lower in. I turn the system off. After my Battery got halfway full. It was trying to send power to the grid. I know it works now. So I’ll wait for The inspection and PTO.

One other item of consideration: before PTO, CenterPoint may not have given you a bidirectional meter. You may run the risk of actually getting billed for the energy you put back to the grid.

Reactions: Jones1
So I got my ladder out again. To get a better look at the labels on the inverters. I have 2 inverters. The one on top of my PW+ is a 7.6kw
The single mounted inverter next to my PW + is a 3.8kw. I also notice blue coolant dripping. From what I found. It could be from the fill location. I did a google search. That brought me back to TMC. I found a thread that someone said. That I needed to tighten the Allen bolt. I did that. The thread poster. Said if you call Tesla or message Tesla. That’s what they would come and do. I will wait to see if it happens again. Then put in a warranty or
repair ticket.
895BE424-83A9-4714-AE4C-78ADCD4C49CC.jpeg

I’m assuming that inverter 1 in my gateway box is. The inverter 7.6kw and inverter 2 is the smaller 3.8kw. That makes since. Since a 12kw system should conversion to 10 kw after ac/dc conversion. If I’m wrong let me know. 😆

I got off work early today. So I was able to play with the system for a few hours. I was able to charge my MYP with very little grid help. While my HVAC ran and my wife did laundry.

Tesla sent me an email and text. Saying I can now make down payment. I called Tesla to ask about inspection. They had me go through the online chat to schedule a call with my Advisor. So I can set up inspection. They told me no. You don’t pay yet. It has to get inspected and pass. I obviously knew that much. But I guess they didn’t. 😆

One other item of consideration: before PTO, CenterPoint may not have given you a bidirectional meter. You may run the risk of actually getting billed for the energy you put back to the grid.
Good call out for people to know. However, I do have a bidirectional meter as I had that discussion early on when I was asking CP if the meter would need to be replaced. Also the app shows 0kw going to the grid. That being said though I will be watching my next bill like a hawk haha.

Reactions: GWord
Well now the real fun begins. When Tesla was here they called out a spot on my roof I should get repaired. Well the roofer was out today and was like yeah there’s hundreds of nails, screws, bolts all over your roof laying around with other trash. Which is bad enough but then he mentioned there is several spots where Tesla installers ripped shingles, damaged shingles, and other damages due to the way they used the ropes. Then I look around and guess what I have a nail in my tire of my Model S and it matched 10 more I found in my landscaping out front.

I reached out to Tesla and they said send photos and they would send someone to look around in a few weeks. Unfortunately, I paid the down payment this morning to Tesla prior to knowing about this… there went my bargaining chip. SMH why can’t anything with Tesla ever go correctly. I love Tesla but in the same breath hate Tesla.

Let the games begin I guess haha.

Both inverter Breakers have to be on. To produce Solar. I’ve discovered. I had one inverter on at first. Just to test.
I was wrong. Inverter 1 could be on. Wi
Both inverter Breakers have to be on. To produce Solar. I’ve discovered. I had one inverter on at first. Just to test.
i was wrong. One inverter can be on.

Well now the real fun begins. When Tesla was here they called out a spot on my roof I should get repaired. Well the roofer was out today and was like yeah there’s hundreds of nails, screws, bolts all over your roof laying around with other trash. Which is bad enough but then he mentioned there is several spots where Tesla installers ripped shingles, damaged shingles, and other damages due to the way they used the ropes. Then I look around and guess what I have a nail in my tire of my Model S and it matched 10 more I found in my landscaping out front.

I reached out to Tesla and they said send photos and they would send someone to look around in a few weeks. Unfortunately, I paid the down payment this morning to Tesla prior to knowing about this… there went my bargaining chip. SMH why can’t anything with Tesla ever go correctly. I love Tesla but in the same breath hate Tesla.

Let the games begin I guess haha.
I had nails and all kind of ties in my back yard. They bent my gutter in a couple spots. I was able to bend it back with pliers. Since I was up on the ladder I noticed. They had scratches on my gutters. From dragging panels I guess. So I painted those 3 or 4 spots. I got on my roof. I didn’t see any trash. I only looked at the very back. I didn’t walk too far up. To the center. So I’m not sure if I had ripped shingles. I have to solar array spots. I didn’t check the smaller section of my roof at all. After hearing this. I will be climbing back up there Friday or Saturday.

I had nails and all kind of ties in my back yard. They bent my gutter in a couple spots. I was able to bend it back with pliers. Since I was up on the ladder I noticed. They had scratches on my gutters. From dragging panels I guess. So I painted those 3 or 4 spots. I got on my roof. I didn’t see any trash. I only looked at the very back. I didn’t walk too far up. To the center. So I’m not sure if I had ripped shingles. I have to solar array spots. I didn’t check the smaller section of my roof at all. After hearing this. I will be climbing back up there Friday or Saturday.
I think most of my damage is from where they would go from my first story roof to my second story roof. That area looked to be the worst part. The house is only 5 years old so shouldn’t have a bunch of ripped shingles on it. I got the roofer to write a letter stating in his professional opinion the only logical cause of damage would have been from solar installation due to dragging marks seen along the damaged areas.

I wish my roof wasn’t insanely steep or I would attempt going up myself to look around. Haha. I’m going to remain positive and hope Tesla fixes it though.