Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well they fixed my problem. That I kept emailing and calling about.
No Time of use for me. It’s gone. Just Self- Powered. No more of the Peak off peak break down. 😆
I guess that was a better way to fix it. By getting rid of it.
Isn’t that the Tesla way? Just get rid of it… like the ultra sonic sensors on the new cars. I am convinced I’m gonna hit everything in the Model 3 when trying to park it. 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1
Kind of weird now tho. My Charge HQ app isn’t tracking with my Solar and Grid charging now. It’s pulling at max amps. And not adjusting to my production. I’ll probably wait for an app update to use it again. 😢

Isn’t that the Tesla way? Just get rid of it… like the ultra sonic sensors on the new cars. I am convinced I’m gonna hit everything in the Model 3 when trying to park it. 😂
Yes it is. 😂

I can’t stop looking at the new Power Flow. I love it.
I keep having server connection issues. Well the app keeps showing me that I’m having issues.

Reactions: DrewHou
1677350182697.png

Yes it is. 😂

I can’t stop looking at the new Power Flow. I love it.
I keep having server connection issues. Well the app keeps showing me that I’m having issues.
Same here. It seems to do it and then stop and I can also confirm my widget is acting wonky and charge hq is having difficulties. Probably some weekend server maintenance or something.

Quick update on my “voltage issues”

Centerpoint came out today to check the grid connection and took measurements without load and with load and found my voltage to be “textbook perfect” at the pedestal, the service box and at my breaker box.

So seems like the issue is on the Tesla side of things which doesn’t surprise me since Tesla even admitted that my gateway reported my two powerwalls overloaded with only 800 watts of usage. So now I’m back on the phone with Tesla to get an answer on what to check next.

Sidenote: the Centerpoint guys were really interested in my setup. They didn’t even realize my span panel was a breaker box. 😂

• Funny
Reactions: dgene84 and Jones1
Meanwhile, still on the path to "PTO" over here. Tesla will be out tomorrow to add "expansion joints" on my north array because it's very long and it could warp during the summer. This apparently has held them up from proceeding with PTO, as it was an internal Tesla QM that flagged the issue. Guess it's much easier to get approval outside city limits lol

Meanwhile, still on the path to "PTO" over here. Tesla will be out tomorrow to add "expansion joints" on my north array because it's very long and it could warp during the summer. This apparently has held them up from proceeding with PTO, as it was an internal Tesla QM that flagged the issue. Guess it's much easier to get approval outside city limits lol
Wow. Yes it is. We ordered the same week I believe.

I’ll go first.
If I’m charging. On average 20 kWh per night.
Say I’m using 5kWh from the PW and 15 from the Grid.

Right now .141 X 15kWh = 2.11 per night. X 30 days is $63.45 about.
It would be worth it to me. I could move my back up reserve up higher. Say 80% at night. Then charge from grid for free. Then lower the reserve to run house till the Sun comes out. No Free nights. But it works out great for me. I charge at night.

Thoughts….

My monthly bill was pretty much me charging my Tesla. My home usage was a wash.
So if I got a bill for $98. When I look at my monthly charge stats. It was $100 for the same time period. So I’m thinking. With Buy Back credits. It could be a Win. When you have an EV and Solar. Your electric bill is your EV charging basically. Then I just have to wait for ERCOT to do there thing. 😂

My monthly bill was pretty much me charging my Tesla. My home usage was a wash.
So if I got a bill for $98. When I look at my monthly charge stats. It was $100 for the same time period. So I’m thinking. With Buy Back credits. It could be a Win. When you have an EV and Solar. Your electric bill is your EV charging basically. Then I just have to wait for ERCOT to do there thing. 😂
As long as I can charge two EVs unlimited at night and charge my powerwalls at night and only have a 6 dollar bill every month as currently is my case, Tesla electric would be a bad decision. Also since it’s Tesla electric and they can see Tesla charging I wonder if this means it’s truly ONLY car charging for free and not just free energy hours.

If I had an oversized system then maybe it would make sense because like you said the credits could potentially pay for the fee. It’s very interesting. Are you going to be our groups test subject for this one too @Jones1 ? 😂

• Funny
As long as I can charge two EVs unlimited at night and charge my powerwalls at night and only have a 6 dollar bill every month as currently is my case, Tesla electric would be a bad decision. Also since it’s Tesla electric and they can see Tesla charging I wonder if this means it’s truly ONLY car charging for free and not just free energy hours.

If I had an oversized system then maybe it would make sense because like you said the credits could potentially pay for the fee. It’s very interesting. Are you going to be our groups test subject for this one too @Jones1 ? 😂
😂

Yes I will. 😂
I was just telling my wife. With 3 EV’s. We will need this plan. 😂