Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a final note, Tesla came by yesterday and installed the missing expansion joints. Got the update today from Centerpoint that my interconnection permit has moved to "Inspection Submitted". Now it's on CEP to process for PTO approval. Time to unleash the beast!
😆. It should be quick. It was a few days. Probably by early next week. Since the weekend is close. Congratulations 🍾🎉🎈

Reactions: DrewHou
Great day.

1677846244089.png

😆. It should be quick. It was a few days. Probably by early next week. Since the weekend is close. Congratulations 🍾🎉🎈
So close yet so far! Got the CEP interconnect agreement for signing today but I rejected it because my last name was misspelled. I let Tesla know this and they reply that is how my name is written with my utility! So technically it would have been correct! Now I had to call Amigo Energy to change my name on my bill which has been misspelled for god knows how long and hope Tesla can resubmit the paperwork next week.

Reactions: Jones1
Great day.
So close yet so far! Got the CEP interconnect agreement for signing today but I rejected it because my last name was misspelled. I let Tesla know this and they reply that is how my name is written with my utility! So technically it would have been correct! Now I had to call Amigo Energy to change my name on my bill which has been misspelled for god knows how long and hope Tesla can resubmit the paperwork next week.
Wow.

Very nice… for comparison for everyone here’s my 9.2 kw system that has over half north facing panels in the same part of town. View attachment 913553
Also kinda cool seeing where I turned on the charge HQ app haha.
That’s why I want 2-3 Tesla Vehicles. My wife is at home more than I am. She works longer shifts but less days a week. She could be charging her Tesla. While I’m at work. Well I really just want a Model X and a CyberTruck. Because I want them. 😆

That’s why I want 2-3 Tesla Vehicles. My wife is at home more than I am. She works longer shifts but less days a week. She could be charging her Tesla. While I’m at work. Well I really just want a Model X and a CyberTruck. Because I want them. 😆
Well I understand the “want” haha. Now that I have two and waiting on my CyberTruck I can’t imagine going back. I just want a new house that has a less architectural roof so that I can have more solar panels that all face south. Considering though that I have only been in this house a couple years and have put a lot of money in redoing the interior to match my style I can’t justify it yet. I need to stay here another 5 years and then I can look at a new house and renting this one out for some additional income. One with 300% my energy needs in solar, 4 car garage that can actually fit a cybertruck, and hopefully by that time there is a Tesla HVAC solution too haha.

• Love
Well I understand the “want” haha. Now that I have two and waiting on my CyberTruck I can’t imagine going back. I just want a new house that has a less architectural roof so that I can have more solar panels that all face south. Considering though that I have only been in this house a couple years and have put a lot of money in redoing the interior to match my style I can’t justify it yet. I need to stay here another 5 years and then I can look at a new house and renting this one out for some additional income. One with 300% my energy needs in solar, 4 car garage that can actually fit a cybertruck, and hopefully by that time there is a Tesla HVAC solution too haha.
I purchased a new home in 2020. After thre months. I regretted not getting a 3 car garage. I love my home. I upgraded from my first home by 1000sqft. But it’s never enough. Is it. Lol.
Is I possible for you to add on to your home or add ground Solar? That’s my plan. I want to add on to my back porch. Also I’ve been looking at a storage shed. The hat I can add 4-6 panels on. I haven’t thought it out yet. I want to give it more time. I can add 10-12 more panels on my roof. That would face west. It would give me more production at the end of the day. Since this was my second home. I did look for a house that faced North. With a nice angled surface that would faced south for Solar. I know we can’t have it all. But man I would like too. 😆

I purchased a new home in 2020. After thre months. I regretted not getting a 3 car garage. I love my home. I upgraded from my first home by 1000sqft. But it’s never enough. Is it. Lol.
Is I possible for you to add on to your home or add ground Solar? That’s my plan. I want to add on to my back porch. Also I’ve been looking at a storage shed. The hat I can add 4-6 panels on. I haven’t thought it out yet. I want to give it more time. I can add 10-12 more panels on my roof. That would face west. It would give me more production at the end of the day. Since this was my second home. I did look for a house that faced North. With a nice angled surface that would faced south for Solar. I know we can’t have it all. But man I would like too. 😆
I could definitely add on if I wanted and thought about it but ultimately the better decision is a new house built around solar. This is my first home and I love it don’t get me wrong but I had no knowledge about solar or EVs or anything else when I bought it. First house always means making a few mistakes and overvaluing some things that make no sense though. Like I wanted two story vaulted ceilings… now I realize the nightmare of keeping the things perfectly cool and cleaning windows that are 20 foot up 😂. Next house I want a nice one story that gives me more roof space and that beautiful solar roof instead of panels. Gotta have dreams!!!

I could definitely add on if I wanted and thought about it but ultimately the better decision is a new house built around solar. This is my first home and I love it don’t get me wrong but I had no knowledge about solar or EVs or anything else when I bought it. First house always means making a few mistakes and overvaluing some things that make no sense though. Like I wanted two story vaulted ceilings… now I realize the nightmare of keeping the things perfectly cool and cleaning windows that are 20 foot up 😂. Next house I want a nice one story that gives me more roof space and that beautiful solar roof instead of panels. Gotta have dreams!!!
My first house had Vaulted ceilings. I told my wife Never again. I was the one that had to climb up the Extension ladder to change the chandelier bulbs to Hue LEDs and clean the walls/ windows. Not her. 😂. She wanted vaulted ceilings for our current home. I told her anything but that. 😆 They look great but you don’t think about maintenance. We were in our early 20’s. We walked in the house. Then looked up and was amazed by how they looked. 5 years later. I was thinking. Never again. Lol. You live you learn. If I move again. It will be an Airstream and a CyberTruck to tow it. 😆. Tiny Home. Lol

Using the Apple weather app. The UV Index option. It is pretty much spot on. With the amount of production. The arch of my production window. Also the time length of my production. For my area. I was actually looking for an app that was free that would give me a good outlook on my possible production. I saw a few paid apps. I like Free. Lol

I just need to find a good formula of converting it to kWh. UV index warning to production of my system. I’m keeping a record so I should know soon. I hope.

1678031045547.png

Thank you. I doubled checked and it was actually 64kWh and 64.7kWh. So it looks like the heat caused you a 5.8% decrease and if I had the same decrease I should have made 60.3kWh but actually made 64.7kWh due to cleaning the panels for an increase of about 7.3%. I got the panels installed in Aug 21 and had not cleaned them since.

Thank you. I doubled checked and it was actually 64kWh and 64.7kWh. So it looks like the heat caused you a 5.8% decrease and if I had the same decrease I should have made 60.3kWh but actually made 64.7kWh due to cleaning the panels for an increase of about 7.3%. I got the panels installed in Aug 21 and had not cleaned them since.
That’s good to know. I got my system installed in November. I was wondering how often I should clean the panels. I will probably clean them once per year. Since I don’t have any large trees around my home. I’m sure the pollen can build up. Did your panels look dirty to you? Did you just hide them down or did you try to spray and rinse?

That’s good to know. I got my system installed in November. I was wondering how often I should clean the panels. I will probably clean them once per year. Since I don’t have any large trees around my home. I’m sure the pollen can build up. Did your panels look dirty to you? Did you just hide them down or did you try to spray and rinse?
This is just the panels on the back of the house.
I used:
with:

I should have gotten the shorter version and the non-kit since with the hose adapter I didn't need the kit part of it. I started cleaning before 7am and it took about 2 hours. The brush did a decent job, it was just hard to tell what still needed cleaning since the panels were wet in the morning and a wet clean panel looks the same as a wet dirty panel. I ended up having to go back and get a few spots I missed once they dried.

No soap, just tap water out the brush. I might get some panel cleaning soap in the future to see if it gets them cleaner or keeps them clean longer.

20230303_193327661_iOS.jpg

20230304_192455287_iOS.jpg