Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear about the layoff.
I actually need to cut back on my Subscription’s. I might do the one time fee. I had calculated my Tesla’s battery degradation. Getting a formula. From a thread on TMC forum. So when I saw that Tessie could provide battery health info. I decided to try it out. I’m at the normal 5% degradation after 11,000 miles. Hopefully Tessie can incorporate the PW’s later in the app too. Lol
The degradation information on apps like Tessie, Teslafi, etc is not very reliable. From what I understand it uses the BMS numbers to extrapolate what your capacity is. I think it was Out Of Spec Reviews, which mentions the accurate way is to drain it as close as possible to 0% then fully charge it to 100%, and note how many kWh it charged with. This is the same method that the Tesla Service Mode uses to verify battery health and it makes sense because the chemical state of the battery is what limits it. The Limiting Factor video explained very well how lithium-ion has both "calendar" aging and "use" aging affecting it.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Sorry to hear about the layoff.
I actually need to cut back on my Subscription’s. I might do the one time fee. I had calculated my Tesla’s battery degradation. Getting a formula. From a thread on TMC forum. So when I saw that Tessie could provide battery health info. I decided to try it out. I’m at the normal 5% degradation after 11,000 miles. Hopefully Tessie can incorporate the PW’s later in the app too. Lol
Man subscriptions are out of control. I am def not in financial distress or anything but want to cut down on expenses where I can for a bit. I had so many subscriptions I was paying for and when I added them up I was appalled. I know we live in a subscription based world now and maybe I’m old already in my 30s but what happened to just buying something outright. I much rather pay once and be done that to have yet another subscription.

Reactions: Jones1
;)

1677090653409.png

Man subscriptions are out of control. I am def not in financial distress or anything but want to cut down on expenses where I can for a bit. I had so many subscriptions I was paying for and when I added them up I was appalled. I know we live in a subscription based world now and maybe I’m old already in my 30s but what happened to just buying something outright. I much rather pay once and be done that to have yet another subscription.
Death by thousand cuts and it's only going to get worse. Wait until EVs start to be subscription (like what VinFast was trying to do with the battery) and who knows what else. Short basic video that talks about it:

The degradation information on apps like Tessie, Teslafi, etc is not very reliable. From what I understand it uses the BMS numbers to extrapolate what your capacity is. I think it was Out Of Spec Reviews, which mentions the accurate way is to drain it as close as possible to 0% then fully charge it to 100%, and note how many kWh it charged with. This is the same method that the Tesla Service Mode uses to verify battery health and it makes sense because the chemical state of the battery is what limits it. The Limiting Factor video explained very well how lithium-ion has both "calendar" aging and "use" aging affecting it.
I saw a few videos from Kyle. Explaining how you should drain the battery. Then Charge. I watch all or most of his videos. I saw this thread and tried it before. I have not did the Kyle method yet or Tesla service mode. I just never had the time to do it. I will once i get my CT.

1677106103897.jpeg

Tesla needs to move a little more like Apple. They should buy company’s like Charge HQ & Tessie. Then incorporate their app features into the Tesla App. Tessie has a lot of data about the Car. That you won’t get anywhere close to with the Tesla app. Wow.

I saw a few videos from Kyle. Explaining how you should drain the battery. Then Charge. I watch all or most of his videos. I saw this thread and tried it before. I have not did the Kyle method yet or Tesla service mode. I just never had the time to do it. I will once i get my CT.

View attachment 910185
Hehe, I remember doing this on delivery day, got 78,960 W as my starting number and now just a few days away from its 1 yr anniversary so time for a trueup! 🥳

• Funny
I finally let Charge HQ take control of my Charging from solar and grid. I made 3 time schedules. Two to charge and one not to charge. 4-7pm. My peak rate. It’s been working out great. Now when I get home early. I can plug in. Charge for about an hour from Solar and Grid. Then finish charging from off peak grid and PW.
With Tesla app schedule charging. You can only set a time. To charge after. Like 7 pm. Not an option for a window with different times.

Well they fixed my problem. That I kept emailing and calling about.
No Time of use for me. It’s gone. Just Self- Powered. No more of the Peak off peak break down. 😆
I guess that was a better way to fix it. By getting rid of it.

1677348849229.png

• Funny
Reactions: DrewHou