Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, starting from 83 pages ago, when you ordered your system, I'm curious @Jones1 if your PV system is providing what you were hoping it would? And, I apologize if you answered this somewhere in the 83 pages since this post, but I didn't read through all of them.

I'm also curious - if the grid is down, is one PW enough to start your central AC?

• Informative
Reactions: Jones1
So, starting from 83 pages ago, when you ordered your system, I'm curious @Jones1 if your PV system is providing what you were hoping it would? And, I apologize if you answered this somewhere in the 83 pages since this post, but I didn't read through all of them.

I'm also curious - if the grid is down, is one PW enough to start your central AC?
I’m very satisfied with my PV System. I advise to go as big as you can afford. Spend more on Panels than PW’s. If you are trying to save on cost. Definitely go with more Panels than PW’s. If you can’t create enough Solar production. Then there is no point in having. All the extra storage. I would love to get 2-3 more PW’s.
I will when PW3 comes out. Now that the Solar/Battery credit can be reused. I plan to add more in a year or two.
One PW is enough to Start my AC. It’s the LRA and RLA rating on your outside unit. Those numbers have to be under what the PW can provide. But if or when my power goes out and I notice it. I turn my AC off. My AC unit pulls about 2.5kWh.
I hope that helps. FSD is driving me right now. 😆 Sorry for the Typos.

The highest I saw was $4.99/kWh. I did take this screen grab at $4.82.

Attachments

• IMG_1575.png
    IMG_1575.png
    364.6 KB · Views: 58
Nice seeing people selling at a good rate finally! I’m happy with my free nights and 3 cent back. First “bill” was a credit of 14 bucks. That was using 1,300 kWh from the grid.

Been a bit since I’ve posted but wanted to give an update on my Solar Exemption with HCAD. I received a letter in the mail today stating my exemption had been processed and when I logon to HCAD it’s now showing online.

Attachments

• IMG_3617.jpeg
    IMG_3617.jpeg
    389.8 KB · Views: 41
Nice seeing people selling at a good rate finally! I’m happy with my free nights and 3 cent back. First “bill” was a credit of 14 bucks. That was using 1,300 kWh from the grid.

Been a bit since I’ve posted but wanted to give an update on my Solar Exemption with HCAD. I received a letter in the mail today stating my exemption had been processed and when I logon to HCAD it’s now showing online.
I’ll probably go the free nights route later. Tesla won’t let current PW or Solar customers. Get the unlimited charging addition or plan until August - September. F That.
What plan and company are you with?