Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife told me. She will forget the plan. I made a quick sign. I see now. I will have to type them up. Post them on all the doors. 😂

1671146059024.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: DrewHou
Did maybe the plan change switch you to time based control instead of self powered?
Yes. The plan will only use the Battery storage. From 4-7pm. Unless there is a spike of high Grid demand. Then it will take it from your Powerwall. So I will be on grid after 7pm for .14 per kWh. Unless it’s a demand. This sucks. I’m going to keep it for a month or two. See how my bill is then switch. Unless it’s an “Event”. I don’t see a real benefit. But I already paid to cancel. My other plan. Merry Christmas to me. 😂

• Funny
They buyback rate is real time it’s not locked in. So it fluctuates. Only thing I can see. If my PW is Damn near Full when the Sun comes out. I’ll push everything to the Grid. So tomorrow I would push 50 kWh vs the 40 kWh I pushed to the grid today.

They buyback rate is real time it’s not locked in. So it fluctuates. Only thing I can see. If my PW is Damn near Full when the Sun comes out. I’ll push everything to the Grid. So tomorrow I would push 50 kWh vs the 40 kWh I pushed to the grid today.
Yeah maybe it’s preparing for its first day under the new algorithm tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how it balances out over a month especially in the winter with so many cloudy days.

Reactions: Jones1
Yeah maybe it’s preparing for its first day under the new algorithm tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how it balances out over a month especially in the winter with so many cloudy days.
Now that I have finished panicking. Yes. I do see how a full battery at 7-8 am. Will just push energy to the grid. I just need to charge on the weekends at home and get to work at 5 am to watch Netflix and get a charging slot. This might work. 😂 I will keep it for 6 months probably. Enough to cover my last $200 termination fee.

Last edited:
Does that mean that randomly the Powerwall tries to take off and hit the neighbors house on occasion? Hahaha JK! Super cool does it show your cost or just usage? I like being able to track my cost on a daily basis.
😂

No it only shows the current sell price. As it changes through the day. In the Impact section. It shows the Enegy value. It’s the same as it would be. With any electric plan. Maybe they will add more features later. I will still have to go to Smart Meter to see. I’ll keep checking looking and updating this forum. I think the plan is to keep your battery full through peak rate time and for a outage or event. Then early in the morning the powerwall drains to start your home off on a higher. Self powered %.

Update
Tesla Electric.

I have my backup reserves set to 30/70
The lowest I’ve seen my 1 PW drain down to. Is about 56-57%. It is mostly used 4-7pm and 12am - 7am. I have my reserve set to 30/70
I figure. If my 1PW is 13.5kwh and it’s only using 43%. About 5.8-6kwh. So I’m not using about 27% of my daily capacity.

100%
-30% reserve
-43% daily use
=27% X 13.5kwh= 3.64kwh X .14= 51 cents per day.

If I’m buying that amount of energy it’s .14 X 3.64 6= .51 total for the day. I know it is charging from the Solar. Not from the grid. But I figure I’m buying it. Because it’s not be used.
.51 x 365 days $186 per year at this current rate. That I’m buying.

On the sell back side. It fluctuates a lot. For real time buy back. I’ve seen .026-.06
Nothing to brag about. My Shell plan was locked in at .11 buy back. Unless there is an Event or a Demand problem with the Grid. Then it won’t trigger to drain or use my system
Until the demand price is .30 or more. Tesla Electric says.

Just thoughts.

Update
Tesla Electric.

I have my backup reserves set to 30/70
The lowest I’ve seen my 1 PW drain down to. Is about 56-57%. It is mostly used 4-7pm and 12am - 7am. I have my reserve set to 30/70
I figure. If my 1PW is 13.5kwh and it’s only using 43%. About 5.8-6kwh. So I’m not using about 27% of my daily capacity.

100%
-30% reserve
-43% daily use
=27% X 13.5kwh= 3.64kwh X .14= 51 cents per day.

If I’m buying that amount of energy it’s .14 X 3.64 6= .51 total for the day. I know it is charging from the Solar. Not from the grid. But I figure I’m buying it. Because it’s not be used.
.51 x 365 days $186 per year at this current rate. That I’m buying.

On the sell back side. It fluctuates a lot. For real time buy back. I’ve seen .026-.06
Nothing to brag about. My Shell plan was locked in at .11 buy back. Unless there is an Event or a Demand problem with the Grid. Then it won’t trigger to drain or use my system
Until the demand price is .30 or more. Tesla Electric says.

Just thoughts.
If Tesla only buy back at .026-.06, Amigo Free Night with Solar buy back might be an alternative. I just switch from Direct Energy Free Night (21:00-9:00) to Amigo Free Night (21:00-7:00). I figured out when you set your PW in Time-Based Control with the Peak time selling value .03, it will sell all your solar generation to the grid during peak hours (7:00-21:00). I did my math a little bit, you will have $0 bill ($4.95 CenterPoint fee) if you send about 167 kw every month back to the grid and every extra kw will give you $.03 (since it is a buy back program, you can actually request a check).

Feel free to use my referral code (18B9031E7) if anyone is interested in the plan, thus both of us can earn $100 bill credit.

截圖 2022-12-16 11.24.04.png

Reactions: Jones1
I’m liking Tesla Energy Management so far. It’s like Autopilot. For the powerwall. 😂
No kidding, both are half baked solutions.

With time based and reservation of 30% for power outage, why can't my 2 pws get charged to 100% before sending power to grid? Ohh, it's a bug in the current version. Our dev will release the fix in next version, per Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou