Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Stats App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
C7B2B884-83C2-4D7A-8581-C1C6957AF01A.png

Sorry if there are existing threads, searching “stats” didn’t find what I meant.

I bought this $10 app because it does what Tesla doesn’t natively... scheduled HVAC.

At first, it wouldn’t work reliably because Model 3 wake time is slower than a sloth at the DMV.
However, the developer and I worked back and forth nearly real time via email and now it’s working reliably for me.

So, outside of that I don’t use the app much, but do like it. Thought y’all should know if, like me, you want scheduled HVAC.

I know tesla does the thing where it knows your schedule or learns it (or did in my S). But it never worked right...
the car should let you schedule from the car or phone, just like this does. This is also smart enough that if you don’t actually get in the car, it shuts off after an hour. Vs. normal behavior of running battery down...

• Love
Reactions: f8K37Sq31
View attachment 364974

Sorry if there are existing threads, searching “stats” didn’t find what I meant.

I bought this $10 app because it does what Tesla doesn’t natively... scheduled HVAC.

At first, it wouldn’t work reliably because Model 3 wake time is slower than a sloth at the DMV.
However, the developer and I worked back and forth nearly real time via email and now it’s working reliably for me.

So, outside of that I don’t use the app much, but do like it. Thought y’all should know if, like me, you want scheduled HVAC.

I know tesla does the thing where it knows your schedule or learns it (or did in my S). But it never worked right...
the car should let you schedule from the car or phone, just like this does. This is also smart enough that if you don’t actually get in the car, it shuts off after an hour. Vs. normal behavior of running battery down...

There was a long, detailed thread on this app, with active participation from the developer on features, hunting down bugs etc. From my recollection, TMC pruned the thread because of forum rules that would have required the app developer to pay additional fees to support the website (paraphrasing here but thats what I remember).

• Love
There was a long, detailed thread on this app, with active participation from the developer on features, hunting down bugs etc. From my recollection, TMC pruned the thread because of forum rules that would have required the app developer to pay additional fees to support the website (paraphrasing here but thats what I remember).
I was wondering what happened to that thread. Lots of good info on the app in it.

• Love
Good news / bad news. after the scheduled HVAC working well for me for a few days now, it did not work this morning.
7:15AM should have been the trigger. I got into a cold car :(
Please contact me using the support button in the app and I'll help you.
The app tries several times to wake up the car at the scheduled time and set the Climate. Looks like in this case the car didn't want to wake up.

Please contact me using the support button in the app and I'll help you.
The app tries several times to wake up the car at the scheduled time and set the Climate. Looks like in this case the car didn't want to wake up.
Thanks. I did.

Which is worse?
Waking a Model 3, or a 14 year old before noon on a Saturday?
Either one takes at least 4 tries and half an hour...

View attachment 364974

What did you end up doing to fix it? Sometimes I can’t tell if it’s my car that is being delayed waking up or the app. I usually use the Tesla app to wake it up...as it provides a better visual cue as to what’s going on when the car doesn’t wake up. After the Tesla app shows it’s awake...I then open the STATS app. This is only when I know the car is asleep.

Last edited:
worked with developer. car still takes YEARS to wake, but scheduled hvac is more reliable now. Nothing developer can do to keep car from sleeping... unless they want to ping the car every 1/2 hr so it doesn't sleep...
Thanks for your help @SabrToothSqrl on this.
I definitely don't want to keep pining the car and increase the phantom drain. I just added another round to trying to wake up the car.
Cars made before 2018 (MCU 1.0) are much quicker to wake up. Tesla should really fix this problem with MCU 2.0

I would love to keep this thread open, the developer is extremely active unlike other vendors. IMO, this is the #1 app to have if you own a Tesla.

@Randy

Last edited:
I think in my case the delay in waking up has to do with cellular strength. I find that when my car is in low signal areas it takes longer and is much shorter In higher signal strength areas. Either way once it’s awake it’s pretty fast to respond.

One reason I like using the regular Tesla app to first wake my car....after trying to wake up and it doesn’t respond...it shows the connection error with the icon to try and reconnect. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think STATS does that?

I tweeted Elon asking why my $250 Roomba with a few batteries takes less than 10 seconds to respond to the Roomba app, while a $60,000 car takes more than 60.

I don't think it will go anywhere, but it's a good comparison.

Wife bought the app last night, for the auto HVAC as well.

There are a few reasons that I can think of:

Your Roomba is Wi-Fi, not Bluetooth. Wi-Fi connectivity is insanely faster than Bluetooth.
Your Roomba is "Always-on" when connected to Wi-Fi.
Your Roomba does not have cellular.
Your Roomba is a simple device that solely has one purpose - to vacuum, whereas the amount of instances a Tesla has to do to startup is multiples more than a Roomba.

Also, when the car is awake and my phone is on me (iPhone X), I never have an issue with it. The issues are usually when the car is asleep in combination of the app not running in the background.

There are a few reasons that I can think of:

Your Roomba is Wi-Fi, not Bluetooth. Wi-Fi connectivity is insanely faster than Bluetooth.
Your Roomba is "Always-on" when connected to Wi-Fi.
Your Roomba does not have cellular.
Your Roomba is a simple device that solely has one purpose - to vacuum, whereas the amount of instances a Tesla has to do to startup is multiples more than a Roomba.

Also, when the car is awake and my phone is on me (iPhone X), I never have an issue with it. The issues are usually when the car is asleep in combination of the app not running in the background.

Sounds like a lot of excuses. Tesla needs to fix it. My S woke within 5-15 seconds each try.