Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Tequila Decanter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update - received delivery of the bottle this morning.

I gotta say, I am quite disappointed. The bottle looks nice from a distance but up close and in-hand you can tell its been made very cheaply and hastily.

1. The glass walls are thin - about half the thickness of the glass in your average wine bottle. It's meant to be a decanter but I doubt it would be a functional one as I am worried it will collapse under the weight of the added liquid content.
  2. The glass itself is not coloured. There appears to be a stain/lacquer painted on top of the glass to give it the caramel colour. The application seems to have been done by a child as it has weird splotches - some parts thicker with solidified drip marks, some parts not properly applied showing the unpainted glass.
  3. The mouth of the bottle is about the size of the old 1 cent coin. You will need a tiny funnel to be able to fill it (none supplied).
  4. The Tesla logo and lettering are just applied stickers. Careful washing the bottle as they may peel off.
The cardboard box it came in is much more premium than the bottle - this pretty much say it all. On a more positive note, the metal stand is very well made and finished.

Disappointed. Keeping it but on a shelf high up so it doesn't ever get used or inspected up close. 👎

Last edited:

I gotta say, I am quite disappointed. The bottle looks nice from a distance but up close and in-hand you can tell its been made very cheaply and hastily.

1. The glass walls are thin - about half the thickness of the glass in your average wine bottle. It's meant to be a decanter but I doubt it would be a functional one as I am worried it will collapse under the weight of the added liquid content.
  2. The glass itself is not coloured. There appears to be a stain/lacquer painted on top of the glass to give it the caramel colour. The application seems to have been done by a child as it has weird splotches - some parts thicker with solidified drip marks, some parts not properly applied showing the unpainted glass.
  3. The mouth of the bottle is about the size of the old 1 cent coin. You will need a tiny funnel to be able to fill it (none supplied).
  4. The Tesla logo and lettering are just applied stickers. Careful washing the bottle as they may peel off.
The cardboard box it came in is much more premium than the bottle - this pretty much say it all. On a more positive note, the metal stand is very well made and finished.

Disappointed. Keeping it but on a shelf high up so it doesn't ever get used or inspected up close. 👎
Sounds like it was done in the Tesla paint shop, has all the hallmarks.

Thanks for posting your impressions. The UK deliveries will "ship later than expected" (starting later this month) - it will be interesting so see how they compare, but your post helps me manage my expectations.

Could you please measure and post the height of the decanter in the stand? I'm rearranging a book case and want to leave enough room between two of the shelves for the decanter.

Friday I got an email saying

Your Decanter will ship later than expected.
We will start delivering the Decanter in late June. When your order ships, you will receive an email with your tracking number.
Thank you for your patience.
Best Regards,
The Tesla Team

It's a shame to hear about the quality considering that it's not exactly a cheap item. I would say I expect better, but lately... well. Need I say more?

1. The glass walls are thin - about half the thickness of the glass in your average wine bottle.

1. The glass itself is not coloured. There appears to be a stain/lacquer painted on top of the glass to give it the caramel colour. The application seems to have been done by a child as it has weird splotches - some parts thicker with solidified drip marks, some parts not properly .

Sounds like Full Self Driving

I’m glad I didn’t blow 500 on this