Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Theater blank screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently noticed when I switch to Tesla Theater I am presented with a blank screen. I have tried the scroll wheel reboot but same results. I am on Firmware version 2021.4.18.3.

Anyone else with this same problem?

View attachment 687477
Same problem on model 3 un the UK... it's been like this for a coupe of weeks now. I keep waiting for a fix. We use YouTube through the Web browser but it's not the best workaround. The kids ask for Tom and Jerry all the time

Attachments

• 20210731_111511.jpg
    20210731_111511.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 84
Same issue with my Model 3 (Version 2021.4.18.2). I just noticed it on last Friday, and I requested to have a service. A technician came to my place and tried to solve the issue. However, it's still not working. He said wait for next update. Hopefully, it will fix.

I recently noticed when I switch to Tesla Theater I am presented with a blank screen. I have tried the scroll wheel reboot but same results. I am on Firmware version 2021.4.18.3.

Anyone else with this same problem?
Yes, same exact issue. 2020 MY running FW 2021.4.18.2. Worked perfectly a few weeks back, kids used it all the time.

EDIT: Stumbled across a fix in the MY forum. Sounds stupid but this worked for me. Worth a try.

I had this problem, fixed it, and learned about an easter egg.

- Change your vehicle name to "Rabbit of Caerbannog"
- You'll see a foot squashing down the screen with a fart
- Your theatre apps should come back along with a new Monty Pyton app
- Restore your vehicle name

Thanks to Google and YouTube for the fix...

Last edited:
Yes, same exact issue. 2020 MY running FW 2021.4.18.2. Worked perfectly a few weeks back, kids used it all the time.

EDIT: Stumbled across a fix in the MY forum. Sounds stupid but this worked for me. Worth a try.
This was shared on page two of this thread by @ghostrunner - definitely an odd fix but hey, if it works it works! (It worked for me too)

Reactions: Srad600Volt
Same issue with my Model 3 (Version 2021.4.18.2). I just noticed it on last Friday, and I requested to have a service. A technician came to my place and tried to solve the issue. However, it's still not working. He said wait for next update. Hopefully, it will fix.
Go to display on the screen, change language, it will restart - then change back to English again, after it restarts it should all be back to normal....

Nothing is working in my Plaid.....no TuneIn no Theater and no Spotify. Getting old on a new car.
Same here on my new S Plaid. It was working fine then about a week ago - theatre and browser is a blank screen. Spotify works though. A lot of money for a car with these glitches. Still can’t get my charging schedule adjusted correctly. Service dept thought they fixed it last week but next charging it went back to incorrect time (supposed to start after midnight - non peak time).