Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, this is what the production Model 3 should look like

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made the back half of the car not as stretched...

Tesla Model 3 Dimension Final.jpg

In another thread, I said the most important thing psychologically is the smile. A happy looking car subconsciously puts everyone in a better mood. I found out that deep down it worked really well in the mind when I analyzed it, even against other effects. At first, I did not like your pointy smile, since it was sort of puckered-up pinched smile, which isn't quite the best connotation, and I preferred someone's post of the Tesla Roadster, because it is a more rounded smile, but in all honesty, I think your pointy smile is better than any type of smug, sad, snob or other negative look. Just a touch less pointy, though?? Idk..... I'm not an artist. It seems like every little nuance of a change there makes a huge difference in facial expression, meaning, beauty.

I love the no grill thing, though, hands-down. That's the future.

And the smile thing is super important. Any type of good honest smile would be just superb.

• Love
Reactions: Newb
Why do folks think the style of the nose needs to "grow on you". If it's a compelling design, you should like the looks on first sight. Sure EV diehards have proven they will buy an EV regardless of how ugly it is.
That's not who Tesla needs to sell. They need to attract common folks to a great looking and performing car that happens to be electric.
This is huge. Everybody is just rationalizing to themselves that the car looks okay because they desperately want to like the car. This is it. The one we've been waiting for. The only Tesla we can afford. It's this or nothing. It HAS to look good and if it doesn't, then we will psychologically twist our own minds until we think it looks good.

This is fine and all, but people who have no interest in Tesla will still see it for the first time and say, "what a weird car". This is what everybody on the road will say too. You will be driving around a weirdmobile even if you have made peace with the car design.

Reactions: tga
...The front looks a little off and something needs to change. Whether it would be incorporating a nose cone, or rounding out the front it would look much better than it's current state.

I decided to do some work on the Model 3 in photoshop and spent quite a bit of time doing it.

OP - great work. I think your criticism of the Model 3 design is spot on - however I assume there is something functional about the design which Musk hasn't told us. The reason I think this must be the case is because almost everyone agrees that the Model 3 unveiling revealed a car which doesn't look as good as the Model S. And your design is clearly more attractive.

Tesla must know this fact and yet they chose to unveil the Model 3 with its "not as pretty" lines anyway. I can only assume there is some functional reason behind this thinking - passenger room? Head room? Frunk space? Aerodynamics?

I dunno.

Tesla Model 3 Redesign Final_copy_crop.jpg

I like the better stance and proportions of the Photoshop provided by the OP.

But I do not like the Model X style upper air intake in the front. Excluding that air intake on the Model 3 is one thing that Tesla got right IMO.

Full disclosure:

I have a Model 3 reservation.

And if I follow through (instead of going back to University for a career change) I’ll probably splurge for Black Metallic (to hide the glass roof — IF the glass roof is mandatory), black sports leather seats, black headliner, a darkish dash décor, the large battery, 4WD, the upgraded stereo, the subzero weather package ...and of course: The Mother Freakin’ AERO WHEELS! Yeah Haaa!

This is my first post, hopefully I put it in the right spot

Anyways I really like the looks and styling of the Model 3 overall. Tesla did an outstanding job and obviously once production starts it will look significantly better. However, personally I'm not a huge fan of the blunted front end and other minor aspects. The front looks a little off and something needs to change. Whether it would be incorporating a nose cone, or rounding out the front it would look much better than it's current state.

I decided to do some work on the Model 3 in photoshop and spent quite a bit of time doing it. What I mainly did was include the Model X nose cone, played with the dimensions of the car so it's not as bubbly (almost like a Model S), and altered the lighting and depth to blend these changes in. Let me know what you think, or what else I should alter. The original image I used was from Tesla's site.

Very nice!!! This is the way it should look.. !