Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to offer free mud flaps to Canadian Model 3 owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's interesting.. They will provide front mud flaps for free to new and existing Model 3 owner in Canada (except BC).

https://electrek.co/2019/11/20/tesl...B7uEu53nL9FVdBbPdQ6mON3_OTJn90_BXI2Y3yOyNcFfQ

Quoted from electrek's article :

''Tesla plans to offer mud flaps for free to new and existing Model 3 owners in most of Canada as part of a new “All-Weather Protection Kit.”

The automaker has released a memo to its retail and service staff to inform them of the new product:
For owners in Canada, excluding BC, where heavy salt, sand, or gravel is used to improve winter road conditions, we will be providing the All-Weather Protection Kit at no cost.

In the memo, Tesla confirmed that the free kit is to help protect against paint problems:
The All-Weather Protection Kit is the recommended way to protect your paint from stone chips that can accelerate wear and tear.''

Very interested to see the design of the two sizing options but also interested to know why they are only offering the front only - seems like you'll never get them to match if you wanted rear flaps as well.

Here's the actual memo from Tesla Owners Online user TrevP:
9d0d1309-25cc-4404-8530-2d5c6d5e028d-jpeg.30646

To all asking about getting the mud flaps:

I spoke with a trusted person at tesla Oakville today and was informed that all stock is currently being diverted to new deliveries and only after sufficient internal stock has been built up will existing owners be able to pick up the kits.

Also, the kits will be pick up from SC only, no shipping and they are self install. If you want a SC to install there is a fee for that.

The best estimate given was mid/late January before existing owners will have the ability to pick these up.

Hope this is useful info for everyone.

Thanks fo
To all asking about getting the mud flaps:

I spoke with a trusted person at tesla Oakville today and was informed that all stock is currently being diverted to new deliveries and only after sufficient internal stock has been built up will existing owners be able to pick up the kits.

Also, the kits will be pick up from SC only, no shipping and they are self install. If you want a SC to install there is a fee for that.

The best estimate given was mid/late January before existing owners will have the ability to pick these up.

Hope this is useful info for everyone.
Thanks for the info.But I am afraid Winter may be over by the time every body can pick up a kit. Also, if it is provided for free, it may not be the best quality. Personally, I will buy my own set.