One of the concerns that I had with waiting on my Tesla is should I sell my car or trade it in. Without getting a trade-in offer from Tesla until a few days prior to taking delivery, it was hard to make an informed decision. To get an idea of my vehicles value, I took my vehicle to Carmax and received an $18,000 offer about three weeks before my expected delivery. Tesla ended up with an offer of $17,400. I accepted the Tesla offer to keep things easy. 6 days before delivery, after all paperwork was complete, I ran across a post that indicated Tesla matched Carmax offers. I reached out to my adviser to see if they will match the Carmax offer. She said they would, but it may delay delivery. I took a chance and had them redo the paperwork. Took them about 24 hours to have new paperwork and it did not have any effect on my delivery. For reference, here are estimates from other car appraisal websites: Edmunds - clean condition, $17.1 trade in, $20.3 private sale KBB - good, $17.1-20.1k trade in, $19.9 - 23.1 private party Nada $17.5 trade in After visiting CarMax, I did list my vehicle for sale on autotrader, cars.com and craigslist. I listed it for $21k to see what I could do on my own. After 2 weeks for sale, my inquiry volume consisted of about a dozen spammers (mostly from cars.com) and 2 somewhat interested resellers that each offered me $18.5k, not one private person reached out to me. I know the CarMax match is included on other posts, but it took me a while to find it so I thought it would bring it to attention for all.