Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hilarious. Jim Cramer talking about Tesla 15min after the open... the other two kept trying to laugh it off and change the subject! (and the graphics staff kept putting up other companies) But Jim Cramer kept bringing the subject back to Tesla, he's acting like a total fanboy! Amazing.

How can I give them clicks? link? They need positive feedback for what the coverage they "think" they don't want to give.

Indeed. Except that you're not doing gradient descent to train the neural net itself, but rather to choose an optimal neural net architecture. Meta-training.

Most of my work with optimization has been through the scipy.optimize libraries, which offer quite a selection of tools - although I've more recently been needing to do it in C++ to avoid having to implement python bindings. The scipy libraries are also annoyingly deficient in A) threading, and B) ability to resume - although you can work around (A) by doing threading inside your cost evaluation function, and (B) by cashing and saving the results of every cost evaluation, so that if you have to start over, it can just look up the answers up to the point where you left off.

Most of my previous optimization projects have been with CFD model optimization, although I've also used it for things like compression, and my most recent project is an attempt to use differential evolution of fluids with an arrhenius equation database to try to evolve a hypercycle :)

I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about here, but that's what I love about this place. It's highly unlikely to be BS, given the pedigree of the poster, but if it was BS then others with a similar pedigree will sort it out. I may borrow "my most recent project is an attempt to use differential evolution of fluids with an arrhenius equation database to try to evolve a hypercycle" for an upcoming Christmas party, many thanks.

I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about here, but that's what I love about this place. It's highly unlikely to be BS, given the pedigree of the poster, but if it was BS then others with a similar pedigree will sort it out. I may borrow "my most recent project is an attempt to use differential evolution of fluids with an arrhenius equation database to try to evolve a hypercycle" for an upcoming Christmas party, many thanks.
+1. I'd try your party tactic but somebody would probably call me out.:cool:

+1. I'd try your party tactic but somebody would probably call me out.:cool:
But it does give an opening for transitioning a conversation to Tesla (if that is desired).

"Is that true? Heck, I've no idea what I just said, but I saw that mentioned on a Tesla investor forum and thought it sounded cool. Like the stock, Tesla is a great investment -- a company you can really believe in."

Semms to be tracking Nasdaq with steroids so far. Can't say I see much impact from the tax incentives that never were...?

BTW, WTF is it with CNBC and their browser tab??

upload_2019-12-17_16-1-55.png

But it does give an opening for transitioning a conversation to Tesla (if that is desired).

"Is that true? Heck, I've no idea what I just said, but I saw that mentioned on a Tesla investor forum and thought it sounded cool. Like the stock, Tesla is a great investment -- a company you can really believe in."
I like it! It's like Kimbal: "What I'm really excited about is Plant-a-Seed-Day!" :D

I'm not sure how I feel about the 2nd one - what should we make of Tesla delivering cars on Christmas - just padding the delivery beat? Or trying to reach the bottom of the deliveries estimate? Or maybe just need to do this in order to honor their commitment to deliver cars in time to get the rebate?

I'm not sure how I feel about the 2nd one - what should we make of Tesla delivering cars on Christmas - just padding the delivery beat? Or trying to reach the bottom of the deliveries estimate? Or maybe just need to do this in order to honor their commitment to deliver cars in time to get the rebate?

Non-event. Deliver while they can, rest after New Year's.
Many professions work Christmas (doctors and nurses for instance). For many people, Christmas in a non-event. For others, the Tesla is the Christmas present.

While profit-taking longs could certainly be contributing to the current drop in $TSLA, based on past behavior with $TSLA I expect that large shorts are increasing their position. This is close to the highest the stock has even been and if you either:

1. believe that it is over valued, or

2. believe that you can manufacture a drop

then increased shorting here will lead to profit. In short (ahem) I believe that there is significant shorting going on. Unless there is a breakaway it will likely be profitable within a reasonable window. If nothing else, $TSLA is volatile.