Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yoyo Xi or something. That guy was bad news. He removed the hubcap off without permission from someone else’s Model 3 to make a video. Then he took his car to Europe, crashed in Greece or somewhere and blamed it on autopilot, trying to publicly shame Tesla into shipping the wreck from Europe and fixing it. Last seen, he was running for city mayoral election and lost.

He caused some trouble, sure but he made tens of thousands of pre-order M3 folks happy. Tesla should have brought a few cars over to take around Europe - I mean it was US MS specs cars in the showrooms at one point too.

Reactions: Lessmog and UCF3
After-action Report: Thu, Sep 03, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Triggers Uptick Rule Again on 2nd Day of High Naked Shorting"

Traded: $32,722,634,522.91 ($32.72B)
Volume: 80,433,713
VWAP: $406.83

Closing SP / VWAP: 98.47%
(TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM = $379.246B / $180.488B = 210.12%​

TSLA 1-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $355.11B
TSLA 6-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $199.51B
Nota Bene: Mkt Cap on pace to unlock 3rd tranche of CEO comp. plan tomorrow Sep 04, 2020

'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 47.0% (47th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short/Total Volume = 36.2% (42nd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 9.57% of Short Volume (126th Percentile Rank)​

View attachment 584097

Comment: "126th Percentile Naked Shorting with Uptick Rule in effect."

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!
Even without the explicit implications from this data I had already thought (Nothing but "thought") the MM's would be making a huge shift in their nefarious behavior due to Tesla announcing their desire to sell $5bn in stock shares, and the looming inclusion to the S&P 500.
Sort of along the lines of stripping the trees of all their fruit because a hard freeze is coming.
In the most extreme fantasy I have, I had The Board of Directors sitting around discussing what they are going to do with their current billions of dollars of cash and they discuss the idea of selling $5bn in stock and then providing that as a dividend to the shareholders.
Yes, Yes, I know. there is some damn logical or lawful reason they can't. But I am not constrained by logic....or the law.

Reactions: Johann Koeber
I

I....f only Elon hadn’t been bought out from PayPal I am sure the US would have made the transition to e-payments sooner. But hey, then Tesla or we wouldn’t be here today...

If Paypal was behind such a venture it would have been the worst payment system on earth. Paypal is one of the worst US companies in every respect. Elon was smart to get out but unfortunately Paypal like CS came along for the ride.

I'm sorry this seems too conspiratorial - almost paranoid. These Index Funds are passive investors all they care about is minimizing their S&P 500 "tracking error". How do 3rd party whale investors benefit from orchestrating a "big push down" to "help" the Index Funds have to buy less TSLA? If an S&P indexer buys all their TSLA on the first day it is actually in the index and helps shoot TSLA's price into orbit, that will also spike the S&P index a bit. As long as the indexer's allocation is correct on the first day, they will track that spike and be okay. If TSLA goes down post-add, they are still tracking S&P 500 just fine thank you. I think for index funds it is more of a challenge not to lose too much on the stocks they have to dump that were tossed out of the S&P 500. They need that money plus funds from reduced allocations of continuing names to buy their TSLA and whatever else the secret committee decides to add.

The stock price was like a Falcon 9 rocket and launched to $500 per share so there was a lot of smart "profit-taking". Unfortunately, I wasn't one of the "smart" ones. I've never been good at trying to time the market. Therefore, I am a buy-and-hold-forever-my-son-will-inherit-at-a-stepped-up-cost-basis investor. That said, my "gut" instinct told me that $500 a "new cheap" share was a good price to cash in our tax-free accounts and buy more shares than before later on. I just didn't act on it because of S&P 500, Battery Day, P&D, and Q3. I guess it was a case of "pigs get slaughtered"! (*)

(*) "Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered" is an old Wall Street saying that warns investors against excessive greed.

"pigs get slaughtered" - Only if they get caught...aka 'sell' in our cases :)

• Love
Reactions: Sofie
Great points. I'd like to add one more: Norwegians are famous for their outdoor lifestyle (skiing, fishing, sailing, hiking, etc.). You can't really fit such a massive outdoor gear in Model 3. In this regard Norway is quite different market than rest of Europe where compact cars are preferred. Oslo has probably more traffic jams on the cross-country ski tracks of Holmenkollen than on the motorways. Not even 100% joking. You haven't seen it before that 90yo grandpa overtakes you on the cross-country ski track in mad max mode.

I've had lots of discussions with Norwegians why they buy eTron... Most say it's about the size and price as a combination. Only alternative from Tesla is Model X which is not cheap even in Norwegian standards. That's why eTron is currently selling better in Norway than in other countries. However, Model Y will break the bank according to locals. Tesla will eventually have a huge market share in Norway, but other brands are also there to stay.

Disclaimer: I'm no Norwegian, but visit the country 5+ times a year.
So you are one of the 'cherry picked' survey's GJ was referring to :) j/k....Just a matter of time before $TSLA invades Norway and gains massive market share.

Is the magic attractor number $390 today ?

I know max pain is higher but we have seen fridays when MMs pick a different magic number

I don’t think so. To me it seems like TSLA is actually remarkably strong today. AAPL is down 5% while TSLA is only down 2.8% right now. I think the actual drop for TSLA is over and now just depends on macros.