Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kinda weird, I just noticed on my E*TRADE account that tesla SP reset to what it was at closing on Friday instead of after hours trading.
Normally this figure would not be revised until trading resumed on the next trading day. Anyone else seeing this bug on their end? Just a glitch I assume.
Mine does that all the time on the Android app. Drill down to where the graph shows AH and then it shows AH SP.

A lot of posts citing TSLA will be up significantly ten years despite any short term negative pressure. I don't believe we need to wait ten years to see another significant uptrend. Three years should suffice. By 2023 catalists include:
- Fremont, Shanghai 1, Shanghai 2, Berlin and Texas GFs running at full production.
- Most likely have another three to fives GF under construction
- Tesla Energy will hit its stride with battery storage, solar roofs and utility services
- SpaceX should have a Starship cargo load on Mars by 2022 (think Cybertruck) with planned manned flight set for 2024

In my eight year watch of Tesla and TMC, I've been all in and all out six times. Of my times out of TSLA I have only timed a re-entry at a lower price point once. Even then, I hated being out of TSLA, felt on the wrong side of history. For those of you lucky enought to time your exit at the local top, good for you. The odds that you will also time the local bottom are extremely slim. By remaining in TSLA assures my 100% chance of timing the exact low and profiting accordingly.

The thing about Tesla is you never know what is going to start the next climb. For example the 5:1 split came out of nowhere. No one can time these catalists that come out of left field. What if Tesla announces they are getting into electric banking? At this point, nothing would surprise me.

Here are some short term catalists.
- September 22, 2020, Battery Day
- Early October, 2020, P&D numbers for Q3
- Late October, 2020, Q3 Conference Call
- October 23, 2020 (earliest) SpaceX manned crew (4) to ISS.
- Whenever.....Spoon inclusion

General trend for TSLA remains up. Short term is anybodies guess.
Stay healthy and stay safe.

:rolleyes:
I didint see much talk here on the soft bank story considering we hit a bit of a drought after the last earnings for a few weeks and then suddenly popped with stock split news as the main catalyst how much do you guys think softbank had to do with the run up?
That FT article has a Fwed Lambertesque “people familiar with the matter” sourcing. It sounds like a hit job on SoftBank. Apparently, zero hedge broke the news before FT :rolleyes:. Also the data tells another story:

That FT article (following @zerohedge) on Softbank suggests the fail whale bought "billions" of call options.

The real story is that Softbank is dwarfed by retail traders, who spent $34 BILLION in call premiums in a month.

Unless Softbank cuts its orders into 10-lots, that is
upload_2020-9-7_9-33-51.png

https://twitter.com/sentimentrader/status/1301914836142612481?s=21

I’ll hold my nose and link to ZH

One Day After Zero Hedge, FT "Unmasks" SoftBank As Call-Buying "Nasdaq Whale"

How much did SoftBank buy? According to the WSJ, which also moments ago confirmed our original reporting, SoftBank...

... spent roughly $4 billion buying call options tied to the underlying shares it bought, as well as on other names

Last edited:
From Teslamag.de:

8 Giga presses in Gigafactory Berlin

Tesla boss announces radical new technology for production in Giga Berlin: This is what it looks like:

View attachment 585198

One of the new Giga presses was recently installed in Fremont and in Tesla's second new Gigafactory building in China . And for Tesla's German Gigfactory in Grünheide, Brandenburg, eight of these hundred-ton machines are planned.

"There are 8 die-casting machines with a maximum operating capacity of 73.1 t / d per machine", says one of the thousands of pages of Tesla applications for the German Gigafactory , which were officially laid out on the Internet and documented by a Twitter user .

Source: Tesla-Chef: Transformation in Giga Berlin – Pläne zeigen sie > teslamag.de
So the 8 Druking-ass-Quenchtank-Schnitzel-frozen "presses" are casting machines, not sheet metal stamping presses, right?

Seems Tesla really likes casting things, and the 73 tons per day of just castings must represent a HUGE number of cars. The quenching process implies an interesting part of the process, with immense need to remove heat from that process, and I guess use it to help melt aluminum for the casting process somehow if Tesla's heat-recycling systems apply here.

Unless 73 tons represents cooling capacity like air conditioning needed?

Last edited:
So have no doubt experiences vary, but for me on the GCP of NYC my FSD sucks. And it is not a good place at all for phantom breaking. People on your butt relentlessly.

I am prepared for great improvements. I can see the outline, details really suck for me.

Lived in NYC for about 9 years...didn't drive much but understand drivers there enough to know that the green light chime is about useless there. Seemed like it took maybe less than a second from the light turning green to hearing the chime, but in NY the horns of cars behind you would be blaring long before the chime sounded.

So the 8 Druking-ass-Quenchtank-Schnitzel-frozen "presses" are casting machines, not sheet metal stamping presses, right?

Seems Tesla really likes casting things, and the 73 tons per day of just castings must represent a HUGE number of cars. The quenching process implies an interesting part of the process, with immense need to remove heat from that process, and I guess use it to help melt aluminum for the casting process somehow if Tesla's heat-recycling systems apply here.

Unless 73 tons represents cooling capacity like air conditioning needed?

Couple that with the 180 pounds per shot number from Wikipedia and we get 811 castings per day per machine. Or 6,488 a day for 8 machines. Lends itself to the idea they are casting more than one part. Rear section, front motor cradle, rear motor cradle, and front including firewall? Battery pack housing?

Couple that with the 180 pounds per shot number from Wikipedia and we get 811 castings per day per machine. Or 6,488 a day for 8 machines. Lends itself to the idea they are casting more than one part. Rear section, front motor cradle, rear motor cradle, and front including firewall? Battery pack housing?

We also need to consider that ingots are cheaper than sheet metal and there is less wastage...

No doubt there is a considerable capital investment in the casting machines themselves, but a single casting removes a lot of stamping, robot assembly and welding,... in turn that means less capital investment in robots...

So financially this must stack up, and there are lots of engineering advantages, 2 castings front and rear are the minimum I expect in Berlin.
Two castings for the side frames and/or one for the battery pack housing would not be a big surprise.

From Teslamag.de:

8 Giga presses in Gigafactory Berlin

Tesla boss announces radical new technology for production in Giga Berlin: This is what it looks like:

View attachment 585198

One of the new Giga presses was recently installed in Fremont and in Tesla's second new Gigafactory building in China . And for Tesla's German Gigfactory in Grünheide, Brandenburg, eight of these hundred-ton machines are planned.

"There are 8 die-casting machines with a maximum operating capacity of 73.1 t / d per machine", says one of the thousands of pages of Tesla applications for the German Gigafactory , which were officially laid out on the Internet and documented by a Twitter user .

Source: Tesla-Chef: Transformation in Giga Berlin – Pläne zeigen sie > teslamag.de

I can’t wait to hear Sandy Munro’s take on these presses.

CTV News | News Video - Top National News Headlines - News Videos

CTV News, Toronto, ON, Canada.
Newscast on Starlink. Although Tesla not mentioned, SpaceX and Elon Musk are, and it is out of this world stories like these that contribute to the idea is that anything is possible if you believe and work hard. Stories that are needed more than ever during these crazy times.

Weekend off topic.

Introducing our Model Y, named “Pussy Thing” by my wife. It gets a long with our Model 3, “Gandalf’s Herb“, very well. They are going to sell so many of these Model Ys. Unless someone has an edge use case this is truly the only vehicle to consider. Also, I’m not sure when the Y went from bloated 3 to supermodel but it did. Red with white guts and black kicks. Damn. CF spoiler is coming in the mail. We would have gotten the performance but this is a holdover for the tri-motor Cybertruck. It’s not quite as fast as the 3 and it has some body roll but most people don’t care or notice those things. In Tesla fashion, It’s more fun than I was expecting it to be. It is quick enough to stay on the ass of a hard running brand new GT3 with a novice driver on twisty roads though. That was fun.

3523359B-1A05-4783-B4C1-056AAA318EC1.jpeg
B2998497-6665-45CC-9A7E-5988498A367C.jpeg
E8ABB7F2-80F9-4E18-8AE0-F96737FB4D27.png
96E19CF1-506B-4ED6-A8A1-AFDA781E1E23.jpeg

... By 2023 catalists include:
- Fremont, Shanghai 1, Shanghai 2, Berlin and Texas GFs running at full production.
- Most likely have another three to fives GF under construction
- Tesla Energy will hit its stride with battery storage, solar roofs and utility services
- SpaceX should have a Starship cargo load on Mars by 2022 (think Cybertruck) with planned manned flight set for 2024

The thing about Tesla is you never know what is going to start the next climb. For example the 5:1 split came out of nowhere. No one can time these catalists that come out of left field. What if
Here are some short term catalists.
- September 22, 2020, Battery Day
- Early October, 2020, P&D numbers for Q3
- Late October, 2020, Q3 Conference Call
- October 23, 2020 (earliest) SpaceX manned crew (4) to ISS.
- Whenever.....Spoon inclusion

General trend for TSLA remains up. Short term is anybodies guess.
Stay healthy and stay safe.

You know, I agree with everything you say and my itchy trigger finger has cost me some gains too but I’m holding tight now.

It’s remarkable that Tesla has so many near term catalysts that many lists like yours miss a biggie or two. One thing you didn’t mention is FSD. Elon is very confident that they are close to solving this and he reportedly drives to work almost without interventions. This will be huge, obvi, and it could drop any time over the coming months (or years?)

Bottom line - I fully agree -> don’t try to time Tesla’s climb. They do love surprises, too

You know, I agree with everything you say and my itchy trigger finger has cost me some gains too but I’m holding tight now.

It’s remarkable that Tesla has so many near term catalysts that many lists like yours miss a biggie or two. One thing you didn’t mention is FSD. Elon is very confident that they are close to solving this and he reportedly drives to work almost without interventions. This will be huge, obvi, and it could drop any time over the coming months (or years?)

Bottom line - I fully agree -> don’t try to time Tesla’s climb. They do love surprises, too

OMG, if FSD is solved, the stock price now will be a joke. If they really suddenly demonstrate FSD on all cars manufactured in past three years think 1.5 trillion MC in 2 weeks. And it will still be undervalued.

That is not a catalyst. That is an H bomb mushroom cloud.