Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla bull ARK Invest is loading up on TSLA once more amid ongoing dip
20.png
20.png
20.png

Tesla bull ARK Invest is loading up on TSLA once more amid ongoing dip

Can you imagine what happens when Tesla lowers the price of Model 3 (now starting at 56k) with 10% or more? They currently have to pay 10% EU import duties and something like 1,5k for transport and handling. That alone would allow them to drop the price to 49k without any margin loss. Extra savings from production in a much more efficient GF4 and lower battery costs would bring a price of 45k within reach, again without margin loss.

The equivalent to this will happen when GF Berlin starts cranking out Model Ys, in an even more popular form factor. Tesla can choose to reduce price, increase margins or, more likely, both at the same time. Then follow-up with more of the same when Model 3 comes online at GF Berlin.

GF Berlin will be a huge leap forward for Tesla in Europe.

"A source familiar with the matter who spoke to Teslarati talked to employees at the plant, who indicated the facility is currently operating on a 24-hour schedule six days a week to keep up with demand."

Another good sign for Q3 earnings.
Between covid making people want to be self reliant and the constant outages in CA, it's hard to imagine the order book for solar and home batteries isn't massive.

Sometimes when I roadtrip I see non-Tesla EVs stop at the rest stops near Tesla Superchargers. Often they seem to be struggling with finding a working charger and setting up payment. Saw one guy try 3 different chargers with his whole family trying to stay positive, while the Teslas were super charging and having a burger.

I think a lot of people will be getting ID3s, Konas, étrons, iPaces etc to find out that in fact getting a non Tesla, without the supercharger network, without autopilot, without the long range etc is a lot pain compared to just doing what everyone else does and get a Tesla. Thus their next car will be a Tesla.
Or gas. That's the problem with being mediocre. I know my wife would have been "well this experiment was fun, next car better be gas".

Sometimes when I roadtrip I see non-Tesla EVs stop at the rest stops near Tesla Superchargers. Often they seem to be struggling with finding a working charger and setting up payment. Saw one guy try 3 different chargers with his whole family trying to stay positive, while the Teslas were super charging and having a burger.

I think a lot of people will be getting ID3s, Konas, étrons, iPaces etc to find out that in fact getting a non Tesla, without the supercharger network, without autopilot, without the long range etc is a lot pain compared to just doing what everyone else does and get a Tesla. Thus their next car will be a Tesla.

Indeed, I remember the bad old days, before there were Superchargers and/or Destination Chargers everywhere, it was horrendous. OK, Chargemap led you to the public charging, but 90% of the time they were ICE'd, then 10% that were free just didn't work.

I can't imagine trying to road trip with public charging, you've no idea at all if you'll arrive. At least with SuC's the worst case is you may need to wait occasionally, even ICEing isn't so much an issue any more.