Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Benzinga - 1.5 hours ago:

Pete Najarian Sees Unusual Options Activity In Nio And Tesla

Excerpt:

He also noticed high activity in Tesla Inc TSLA 7.18%.

Around 600,000 contracts were traded in the first 90 minutes of trading Tuesday. Traders bought around 30,000 contracts of the September $450 calls, which expire Friday. Najarian followed the trade and he expects to see a break out above $450 in Tesla.

Last edited:

"As solid-state batteries are restricted in their fast-charging capacity, Mercedes-Benz is offering a new generation of the previously used NMC batteries as an alternative. The composition is specially selected to make them suitable for high charging currents during high-power charging and, thanks to their energy density, to give the vehicle an extensive range. "

Wow, only Daimler can go backwards in battery tech with their "solid state" batteries.

None of the description from that site tells me those are solid state. Density is suppose to be x5-x10 with 2-10x the charging speed. I saw nothing but a regression from their description..lol.

• Informative
Reactions: davecolene0606
F
"As solid-state batteries are restricted in their fast-charging capacity, Mercedes-Benz is offering a new generation of the previously used NMC batteries as an alternative. The composition is specially selected to make them suitable for high charging currents during high-power charging and, thanks to their energy density, to give the vehicle an extensive range. "

Wow, only Daimler can go backwards in battery tech with their "solid state" batteries.

None of the description from that site tells me those are solid state. Density is suppose to be x5-x10 with 2-10x the charging speed. I saw nothing but a regression from their description..lol.
585F3E2F-BBD7-4794-8E91-EC313D5B611D.gif

@Words of HABIT I just got off a video chat with Mom. Strangely enough out-of-the-blue she asked (I did not mention it) how the SP was doing. We haven’t spoken about it since she called $2,500. I told her it was currently $480 post split. She nodded and blithely said it’s going to $900 and then $1000, soon.

Because I knew you’d ask, I asked ‘When is soon, Mom?
She said (a bit snappishly) ‘I don’t know. I can’t predict these things.’
I said, ‘Well, you said soon, so define soon. Is soon tomorrow? Next week?’
She said, ‘This year.’
I said, ‘This year?!?!?!?!’
She said, ‘Yeah, who was your favorite dancer last night? I fell asleep and missed Johnny Weir, but I taped it on my PVR so I’ll watch it tonight after they get me into bed. They’re short staffed again today, so they’re behind schedule. I didn’t like tonight’s dinner choices so I asked for a peanut butter sandwich. Yes, Tina, I’m ready for bed. Goodnight, I love you. *hung up on me*

I’d say she’s bat poo crazy, but I know she’s not. Some short term memory issues, a little ADHD, but not crazy. So there it is. Mom has spoken. (She can’t possible be right a third time, can she?)
The @Krugerrand, thanks for this. Very much appreciated. O'k, so $900, then $1,000, this year. Brilliant! I just have one more question. Does your mom know what year this is?

I really won't. My Model 3 takes a dump on my old S. It's not even comparable, it's very embarrassing actually

OT:

Im hoping for a plaid 3. I’ve thought about this a lot. I don’t like a lot of the S. My mother in law has a P100DL. I honestly wouldn’t trade it for my AWD 3 and I’d be disappointed if I had to swap cars for the day. While I sadly don’t think we’ll get a plaid 3 for some time I do think once the S is offered even quicker they’ll give ludicrous to the 3. Not sure if hardware or software upgrade but Elon did reply “of course” a long time ago to a tweet concerning the 3 getting ludicrous. Give us the “M3 CSL” of the Model 3. Please. I’ll test drive the plaid S. I want to like it. I might even pretend to like it. I won’t like it.

OT:

Im hoping for a plaid 3. I’ve thought about this a lot. I don’t like a lot of the S. My mother in law has a P100DL. I honestly wouldn’t trade it for my AWD 3 and I’d be disappointed if I had to swap cars for the day. While I sadly don’t think we’ll get a plaid 3 for some time I do think once the S is offered even quicker they’ll give ludicrous to the 3. Not sure if hardware or software upgrade but Elon did reply “of course” a long time ago to a tweet concerning the 3 getting ludicrous. Give us the “M3 CSL” of the Model 3. Please. I’ll test drive the plaid S. I want to like it. I might even pretend to like it. I won’t like it.
Your mother in law has a P100DL? :eek::eek::eek:I guess there can be only one appropriate question after reading that.

Is she single? :p:p:p

"Applause, please, for the new all-electric..."

"Mercedes-Benz is faster: the new eCitaro G is the first series production city bus in its category anywhere in the world to be equipped with solid-state batteries."

"Mercedes-Benz is continuing resolutely on its path towards the electrification of city buses: the new eCitaro G is the first all-electric articulated bus..."

Reads to me like Trevor Milton has a new gig copy writing for Daimler. All that's missing is insisting that "It's a REAL truck!"

@Words of HABIT I just got off a video chat with Mom. Strangely enough out-of-the-blue she asked (I did not mention it) how the SP was doing. We haven’t spoken about it since she called $2,500. I told her it was currently $480 post split. She nodded and blithely said it’s going to $900 and then $1000, soon.

Because I knew you’d ask, I asked ‘When is soon, Mom?
She said (a bit snappishly) ‘I don’t know. I can’t predict these things.’
I said, ‘Well, you said soon, so define soon. Is soon tomorrow? Next week?’
She said, ‘This year.’
I said, ‘This year?!?!?!?!’
She said, ‘Yeah, who was your favorite dancer last night? I fell asleep and missed Johnny Weir, but I taped it on my PVR so I’ll watch it tonight after they get me into bed. They’re short staffed again today, so they’re behind schedule. I didn’t like tonight’s dinner choices so I asked for a peanut butter sandwich. Yes, Tina, I’m ready for bed. Goodnight, I love you. *hung up on me*

I’d say she’s bat poo crazy, but I know she’s not. Some short term memory issues, a little ADHD, but not crazy. So there it is. Mom has spoken. (She can’t possible be right a third time, can she?)
Whenever I talk to my mom, she's always like "Should we sell? It's too high" and I would basically tell her to stop spreading FUD. And yet, she has called the top every single damn time. :confused:

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger