Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It occurred me that the Plaid S is - from an Osborne risk standpoint - situated to be priced ($50K in Canada ) over the price of a Performance S AND a forecasted Q4 2021 delivery date carries little risk of Osborning.

I think we will get a proper Plaid S unveiling with whatever changes will be implemented whether they are exterior & interior, and it will happen sooner than Q4 likely Q2/ Q3 next year, with full production launch right away.

Waiting to Q4 - even with a $50K CDN price delta has big Osborne risk.

My guess is it & X are unveiled at some future earnings call or separate event - AND the price is lower than now - either on launch - or within 60 days.

Last edited:
I'm seriously considering going using margin loan to acquire more shares :eek:

Seems like suggest a easy and orchestrated set up. Sell off this week followed by rebound in anticipation of Q3 numbers by end of next week

beware margin requirement increases by various brokers heading into election

ibkr already doing it.

1997 Breaking News: Daimler-Benz also announced that beginning in 2005, the new company would produce 100,000 fuel cell engines annually.

Dawn of the Hydrogen Age

Interesting quote "Founded in 1979 as a contract research and development firm focusing on lithium rechargeable batteries, Ballard switched to fuel cells when funding for battery projects dwindled in the early 1980s."

Trevor HILL-ton would say they were ahead of their time.

Last edited:
beware margin requirement increases by various brokers heading into election

ibkr already doing it.

Yup I'm aware the margin requirement is likely to increase. I'm not planning on leveraging myself a ton and taking on a ton of risk. But I do want to use like 10% of my portfolio to buy some more shares at these prices. I really do think after Q3 numbers are out, the stock will not trade under 400 again..........barring another black swan type event of course

It occurred me that the Plaid S is - from an Osborne risk standpoint - situated to be priced ($50K in Canada ) over the price of a Performance S AND a forecasted Q4 2021 delivery date carries little risk of Osborning.

I think we will get a proper Plaid S unveiling with whatever changes will be implemented whether they are exterior & interior, and it will happen sooner than Q4 likely Q2/ Q3 next year, with full production launch right away.

Waiting to Q4 - even with a $50K CDN price delta has big Osborne risk.

My guess is it & X are unveiled at some future earnings call or separate event - AND the price is lower than now - either on launch - or within 60 days.

Yes. I have no opinion on whether or not Tesla is doing a 'full' refresh on the S/X. But if they are, and if they expect Plaid to be ready to ship in Q4 2021, and if they wanted to open orders so as to in some view meet the suggestions made last year that we'd hear more on Plaid around now, then they had to take the approach that they took last night--announce Plaid's approximate ship date and some specs, price it well above the best S you can get today, and not say anything else. The fact that Plaid is on the same S configurator as the current model tells us exactly nothing about any other changes that will come with that powertrain's launch, because it would be suicidal (to the small but profitable portion of Tesla's business that the S now comprises) to announce anything more so far from availability of the new hotness.

And of course with Tesla being Tesla, the fact that Plaid is still a year away means that there will be additional changes by then.

Yup I'm aware the margin requirement is likely to increase. I'm not planning on leveraging myself a ton and taking on a ton of risk. But I do want to use like 10% of my portfolio to buy some more shares at these prices. I really do think after Q3 numbers are out, the stock will not trade under 400 again..........barring another black swan type event of course

Market macros ugly. Please take that into consideration. Although it does look like a rotation to a degree. Almost all my solars are positive.

• Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
Is it possible that hydrogen is being promoted by the fossil fuel industry since they know that it’s inferior technology and will therefore prolong FF life?

Just a way of diverting focus away from batteries, which have a clearly defined path to end the ICE age.

The most cost efficient way to produce hydrogen is by extracting it from fossil fuels. Fossil fuels are also needed for the heat required in the process of extracting the hydrogen.

Both the 3-year and 10-year view gives me motivation to keep accumulating for the next year or two. It does not give me full justification for continuing to accumulate for seven years, but it lays a solid foundation.

Looking at that teaser image of the airplane "wet" wing (with Elon talking about structural battery packs) must have made certain folks at Boeing Aircraft and BMW/RR engines very nervous.

Commercial Air Transport is the next logical target for electrification, and a fair swak of the associated CO2 can be elimiinated from the economy. NOT supersonic VTOL (gaL!) but just retiring the fossil Air Transport fleet. You know, the big consumers of Jet A1?

Imma call it: Bullish AF.

Cheers!

EDIT: Anyone got the full Slide Deck from Bty Day as a PDF or collected on a single webpage? TIA

Last edited: