Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA 3Q with 2.4B in operating cash is...just...oh my god...this is good stuff...

The most powerful number in the report, IMHO.

Tesla has $2b+ in operating cashflow, $14b in cash, and is sitting on a $400b market cap to draw from.

Tesla's cash position is now larger than it's long-term debt! how many automakers can say that!!!

YOU GET A GIGAFACTORY, AND YOU GET A GIGAFACTORY.... EVERYBODY GETS A GIGAFACTORY!!

Elon is apparently celebrating at the Boca Chica tiki bar :D

upload_2020-10-21_22-31-47.png

The most powerful number in the report, IMHO.

Tesla has $2b+ in operating cashflow, $14b in cash, and is sitting on a $400b market cap to draw from.

Tesla's cash position is now larger than it's long-term debt! how many automakers can say that!!!

YOU GET A GIGAFACTORY, AND YOU GET A GIGAFACTORY.... EVERYBODY GETS A GIGAFACTORY!!
When the Y starts to come out of Shanghai , it will be the more profitable ones at first and free cashflow will further improve. P/E will start contracting rapidly if the share price does not increase.

Think we need another GigaFactory...

Second Q 2021 would be a good time to announce.

Where do you all think it should go?

India needs the cheapest batteries to be a go...is it doable? Actual auto production starting around 3nd Q of 2022...

When has Musk ever said it was not possible?

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
TSLA 3Q with 2.4B in operating cash is...just...oh my god...this is good stuff...

Quoting you again, because it's important.

$2.4b annualized is $9.6b. This is in the realm of the major automakers

VW's OCF is ~$19b/year
Ford's TTM OCF is ~$16b/year
GM's TTM OCF is ~$15b/year
BMW gets ~$8-10b/year in OCF

Great stuff guys.

No one should be shocked when the exact details of the offering come out on the next 10k filing that shows they issued shares at an averge of low 400's/upper 300's.

Yup, but the stock was trading in mid to upper 300's on Thursday and Friday of last week. I'd put money on the average being around 400 for all the shares issued throughout the week

@StarFoxisDown! it seems like you were wrong, since the average came in at $449/share.

Think we need another GigaFactory...

Second Q 2021 would be a good time to announce.

Where do you all think it should go?

India needs the cheapest batteries to be a go...is it doable? Actual auto production starting around 3nd Q of 2022...

When has Musk ever said it was not possible?
I still say Australia, mainly because I like it, plus it would be a great place for solar and large scale battery deployment. Imagine powering the entire continent with Tesla Energy...