Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guidance by Zach:

- Increase of regulatory credits to MORE than double 2019 numbers (previous guidance was around 2x)
- Improved margins ~18% previous now up to ~23% (excluding reg credits)
- Improved vehicle reliability across the fleet
- Improved/record energy sector deployments
- Cash balance increase

- expanded CapEx by 2-2.5B to accelerate deployments of new facilities
- early paydown of 2021, 2022, and 2024 convertable notes (it's good to be flush with cash)
- repeated guidance for 500,000 deliveries, with some "challenges" to meet that number

There are more, wish I could type faster.

The real answer gets into accounting, and I believe that every investor needs to have at least a basic understanding of accounting principles. Stuff like double entry bookkeeping, debits / credits, expense / capital, and reading financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement) as well as understanding how these are different and why they are essential and complementary for understanding a business.

I also believe there are any number of online primer / education sources for this sort of education, and I expect they'll run between 2 and 8 hours (it's not hard, but it's not trivial). And I've probably freaked out a few accountants along the way (note - I'm not an accountant, nor do I work in anything resembling that field).

In fact, here's a course on Coursera that covers this stuff. They estimate it's 13 hours.

Financial Accounting Fundamentals