Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i tried to get a stock certificate for gifting to family members a few years ago and was told impossible. Did you mean statement? Or is that a European trading ‘perk’?

upload_2020-12-5_12-19-45.png

Kind of expensive but...
Buy Tesla Stock as a Gift | One Share of Tesla in Just 1 Minute (giveashare.com)

* Because of Tesla's high stock price and the fact that the SEC requires us to charge a minimum of twice the stock price, you may be able to purchase it more economically through a broker but would not get the authentic stock certificate.

--

I was born yesterday but not late yesterday.

Couldn't they credit you the difference for the executed price?

What happens if I ordered Palentir stock certificates? Do I get it at today's price? It's going up 4x Monday.
Source: WallStreetBets

Also why is Nikola frames 64? Reporting a bug. I think they meant 6.40?

upload_2020-12-5_12-39-9.png

Can't believe if you bought these this past April at inflated prices. 2000 certs delivered to your door, you would be up way ahead. Liquidity might be a bitch though. :D

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Tslynk67
I'm confused on the math. $420,000 = approximately 700 shares. Pre-split, that's 140. The stock price back then was around $200. So 140 X $200 = $28,000! I didn't know they charged that much for FSD back then ;-)

The reality is it was $3,000 above EAP back then at time of purchase, and $4,000 if you bought it after. But your point is valid, that if you put the $4,000 into Tesla stock at $200/share, it'd be worth $60,000!!!

BTW, it's gone up 15x since the $200 stock price pre-split, so just take your car purchase, your vacation costs, etc. and times it by 15, and then start crying...
This is the reason wise TSLA shareholders finance all large purchases instead of paying cash. :cool:

Unless it's, say, <1% of net worth. You gotta draw the line somewhere, right? o_O

• Love
Reactions: Model S M.D.
* Because of Tesla's high stock price and the fact that the SEC requires us to charge a minimum of twice the stock price, you may be able to purchase it more economically through a broker but would not get the authentic stock certificate.

--

I was born yesterday but not late yesterday.

Couldn't they credit you the difference for the executed price?

What happens if I ordered Palentir stock certificates? Do I get it at today's price? It's going up 4x Monday.
Source: WallStreetBets

Also why is Nikola frames 64? Reporting a bug. I think they meant 6.40?

View attachment 614818

Can't believe if you bought these this past April at inflated prices. 2000 certs delivered to your door, you would be up way ahead. Liquidity might be a bitch though. :D

Saving this for the next stock split! ;)

Reactions: MXWing
Classic. Elon is aggressive with the time line in the conference calls but tame on advertisement emails. The truth is probably somewhere in between when it comes to cybertrucks deliveries.

I hope so. I'm confident Tesla is sandbagging delivery timelines and they probably hope they will be able to deliver significant numbers in 2021 because without pushing hard for early deliveries, things tend to fall apart. However, bringing such new and unique technology to market is a daunting challenge and I wouldn't be surprised if delivery timelines slip past even the timelines in the advertisement e-mails.

Tesla management knows more than I do but they also know there are a lot of potential slow-downs that simply can't be predicted with any certainty. It doesn't take a very big mistake (by themselves or a supplier) to add a week or two here or there and some of those weeks could compound on top of other weeks until we are talking real delays. And let's not talk about big problems that add months buy themselves to the timeline. I'm still hoping for the first 500 or so to be delivered next December but it would take some small miracles to make it happen. I'll be totally pleased if they are ramping early production and making deliveries by April or May 2022. Realistically, I would be ecstatic to get my first one by July or August 2022. :(

Acting somewhat as a consolation, the knowledge that Karen will likely have to wait much longer for hers and the composure she exhibited while waiting four years for her Model 3. :)

This is the reason wise TSLA shareholders finance all large purchases instead of paying cash. :cool:

Um, no. The lower my debt (it's been zero for decades) the more aggressively I can invest while sleeping soundly. The last three houses I've purchased (and all cars) have been mortgage/debt free. Some things in life are beyond priceless because profit and the amount of wealth you have are not even close to being the most important things in life.

If you ever become fooled into thinking otherwise, you are not wealthy but incredibly poor. :oops:

Elon Musk will love this: Tesla short sellers lost more than US airlines so far this year - CNN

According to analysis by S3 Partners, short investors in Tesla— those who placed bets in the market that its shares would lose value — have lost $35 billion on those positions so far this year.
"There's nothing that compares to it that I can remember," said Ihor Dusaniwsky, managing director at S3 and an expert in stock shorting.
To put that loss into context, the US airline industry posted combined net losses of $24.2 billion, excluding special items, through the first nine months of 2020, the worst losses the industry has ever reported.

I’ve often wondered about this because that’s how Elon generates income but maybe I’m missing the obvious. How do you pay off the loan if you never sell the shares?

You just keep it going forever, then pass on the account to your beneficiaries when your time is up :D

Or, use the excess cash from your IRA required minimum distributions to pay off the loan—that’s what I intend to do.

Btw. There’s a dedicated thread for retirement strategies here.

Tidbit: Model 3 now leads December deliveries in the Netherlands. A whopping 295 were delivered yesterday. It’s 502 in 4 days. Good.

I was going to make a sarcastic remark about “no demand” for Tesla in the Netherlands anymore, but decided against it. That joke is overdone!

I hope you appreciate my restraint