Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. They won't have to sell TSLA to reduce their percentage because the drop in the stock price has already reduced their percentage the exact amount needed.

Ok, I stand corrected. Once you’re in you’re in with set number of shares then, until a rebalance takes place. Rebalance only based on changes in float of (potentially any) name in the index, correct?

Oh yes you can trade options in BL account. If not for that I'd be missing a digit in my account total figure.
Depends on employers I think.
I cannot trade options in my fidelity brokeragelink account, not even ETFs. Only mutual funds are allowed. So my account is full of Barons Partners and Barons Focused Growth. It has 40% TSLA and 3% SpaceX. As close as I can get to maximize investment in Musk companies with that account.

Well I put in a limit on close order at ~$1500 just in case we get a crazy closing cross. And bought two $1000 calls at $.10 so I dont lose my shares if it executes. I don’t think either will execute, but its a cheap thrill to be part of the action.

Seems like a much better value than lottery scratch tickets! :)

Remember a few weeks ago when I said selling at $575 was stupid? Turns out it was.

Remember a week or two ago when I said selling at $615 was stupid? Turns out it was.

Remember when I said last week that selling at $650 was stupid? Turns out it was.

These people selling at $675? Yep.

Remember when I said in 2022 that selling at $1200 was stupid?

No? Just wait for it.

Needed some humor today:

upload_2020-12-18_7-20-25.png

Well I put in a limit on close order at ~$1500 just in case we get a crazy closing cross. And bought two $1000 calls at $.10 so I dont lose my shares if it executes. I don’t think either will execute, but its a cheap thrill to be part of the action.
What happens if the Stock closes between 1000 and 1500? Would you have to buy the 200 shares at a 1000 even if you haven’t sold the shares at 1500?

Reactions: cbh03
Macros down... I guess that dosnt help.

That happens when shares in 500 other stocks worth $80 billion have to be sold to make place for TSLA.

This is the first day since the listing in 2010 where macros follow TSLA, instead of the other way around. Hopefully there will be many more when it becomes the world's most valuable stock.