Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nailed it.
Pot hole on the ski mountain road that is. No harm, sunny day skiing despite.

Shout out to Tesla who got us a flatbed at the top of Snowbowl free of charge. (Yes we are all in the model Y pictured while in tow - our new self drive.) Will be better when FSD can avoid holes in roads. Next time.
taos? never been myself. glad all are safe and sound!

Reactions: SOULPEDL
Interactive Brokers chairman on handling record volume and volatility

Here is the short version of the interview on YouTube.

At 2:30 time, tl;dr
Q: How do you feel about Robinhood and the rise of the retail traders?
A: Starting last week, IB clients are on the selling side of OTM options while carrying long position in stocks in ratio of 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 against the stock, and usually about Tesla, Amazon or Apple. Meanwhile RBH clients are long these OTM options. Hence, as of yesterday, our customers are net short the market for the first time in the company's history.

interesting bit of info. IB generally old(er)school pro clients...stating that for the 1st time in history their net customer is synthetically short market, albeit still long stock. basically set to weather a storm.

who will win?

i’m guessing after gains like 2020 it’s worth a few insurance dollars to waste on potential dip. not surprising to hear that from that class of traders. thanks for clip!

Last edited:
Electrek: “Sources familiar with the matter said today that Tesla is at roughly 1,000 units from its goal in North America for the quarter.”

So I have a source that says they reached their NA goals a week ago. I'll be interested to see if Fred's "source" is full of it or if my source is off. And no I'm not joking

So I have a source that says they reached their NA goals a week ago. I'll be interested to see if Fred's "source" is full of it or if my source is off. And no I'm not joking

It seems like Tesla leaks to Fred when they want to get something out there. So, this could just be another method of sandbagging. In other words, I like your sources info better.

Lol, had this same thought yesterday. But Oct 29, 2029 is the Monday...

Cheers!
Before posting my thought was “better check day of week” but then decided the simple post was more elegant, at least until some knucklehead came in with his 4x4 swinging.

So how was the lumberyard?

8EFF028C-8965-429E-A608-106277539A1A.png

heh heh

Great interview. For me, the most important quote was this one, because the full impact of FSD semis not to be priced into many of the stock price predictions yet:

“Musk: I'm extremely confident that Tesla will have level five next year, extremely confident, 100%.‘

Also just read Frankfurt’s Stock exchange holiday is New Year’s Day...but....They choose to observe that.....on the 31st? Odd.

Aka I’m going to bed!

so very confusing, does that mean everyone shows up on the first hammered and gambles away grandpas pension?
2020 Frankfurt Stock Exchange (FSX) | Market Holidays | TradingHours.com

Edit: Opas Pension ;P

2nd edit: never mind, they get both days off. Man I gotta move out of this backbreaking country....anyone renting their island boathouse ?

Last edited:
Can someone explain what his point is? So a lot of people traded options expiring the last day of the year. Unsurprising to me. Am I missing something

It looks like Toilet Boy is displaying a little anxiety about the near-term performance of TSLA. You need to live in an alternate reality (and not a good one) to make sense of his little outburst. I think he's finally nearing rock-bottom.

Great interview. For me, the most important quote was this one, because the full impact of FSD semis not to be priced into many of the stock price predictions yet:

“Musk: I'm extremely confident that Tesla will have level five next year, extremely confident, 100%.‘
Does this mean (1) Dojo launches sooner in 2021 than he previously indicated, (2) Dojo's launch will cause a near-instantaneous, radical improvement in FSD or (3) Dojo isn't necessary for Level 5?

I love the confidence. Using the term "Level 5" leaves no room for misunderstanding.

Last edited:
I have a little new year's confession to make ... I'm about to become a seller.

I'm about to convert some of my "virtual gains" to hard concrete walls of a new apartment that will be mine and fully paid, no renting, no borrowing.
I can wait up to two months for TSLA to rise even higher so I'll need to sell smaller part of the pile.

My primary goal is to remain eligible for teslanaire club membership even after sinning against the Church of Hodl.

Last edited:
The Tesla Shop recently lowered the diecast prices of the Model S, 3, and X to $175 while the Roadster and Semi remained at $250. The Roadster and Semi are now $175 as well.

Maybe I should complain on Musk's Twitter feed, I paid the full €250 for my Roadster II and yes, that's equivalent of nearly $300 - Europeans getting screwed-over as always!! I demand a refund FFS!!

Also just read Frankfurt’s Stock exchange holiday is New Year’s Day...but....They choose to observe that.....on the 31st? Odd.

Aka I’m going to bed!

so very confusing, does that mean everyone shows up on the first hammered and gambles away grandpas pension?
2020 Frankfurt Stock Exchange (FSX) | Market Holidays | TradingHours.com

Edit: Opas Pension ;P

2nd edit: never mind, they get both days off. Man I gotta move out of this backbreaking country....anyone renting their island boathouse ?

And they closed 14:00CET already yesterday, if you were paying attention :D

• Love
Reactions: Big Time