Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDIT: Can we get some L2 Quotes up in this here ...?
Saw this on twitter for the $700 wall
134097912_835366907034672_1643972021207535894_n.jpg

And this not only is absolutely true, but I'll swear on all ancestors' graves of its veracity. And verrry slightly On Topic, if you squint just right with the light behind you.

The three of us were taking a walk yesterday when we come upon two high schoolers being silly with their truly jejune SnapChat photographing. Jenny comments for the 99th time how grateful she is that our only child never will be that most horrid of creatures: a teenaged girl.
We encounter them three more times, once when they drive off with their yet-unlicenseplated car, likely a Christmas present, which they park all of another 50 yards up the road.
The final time we pass by them, I say

"I hope you don't mind that we tipped over your car."

Some strangled gasps and two craned necks try to see around just enough of a corner that the car isn't discernable.

"But....why?"

"Oh, with 2020 coming to a close I thought it would be good to turn over a new Leaf."

The strangled sounds faded in the distance as they stomped off.

Cheers!

Strange to see ARKG buying several Big Pharmas, no doubt makes sense but odd on the surface.

The science brewing in biotechs is really impressive right now. Clinical trials are proving efficacy of new genetic techniques and these are the early stages. The biotechs need resources to pour into the research and trials.

Big Pharmas are sitting on piles of cash and are in a buying mood.

Since I don't trade that way and have no knowledge of algo, so I doubt that I guess correctly how we ended up today with high of the day within cents of the opening Upper BB, unless any technical trader has a good explanation.

Does it need an explanation other than that's the price that the balance of buyers and sellers left it?

Good, I didn't think so. ;)

The challenge is that winter friction change all the time. You may be OK on a flat surface in the shadows. But if you detect slippery conditions on top of a sunny hill you want to go down then it might be too late to stop. If you know you have shitty tires and it's potentially icy outside then you can park your car before you start sliding. This is the logic broke ass student me used when i could not afford winter tires back in the day.

If you have winter tires you look at the ice down that hill and if it's polished you might get in trouble - but if it's rough you'll be fine. And with studs the hill would probably be no problem. Finally if you still slide down on studs :eek: then let's hope your insurance is current FSD or not.

To pick up an earlier topic now that it's quiet time...

The vehicle has more and better sensors than you do; it knows more about current conditions than you do; it knows more about the state of the vehicle than you do; it knows more about driving than you do. The only thing about which it might not know more than you is you. Although that's not necessarily the case either, as it certainly knows better than you how good a driver you are under various conditions.*

What that means is that there's pretty much only one important input left for you to make -- how aggressive you want it to be. And I suppose sometimes where you want it to go and when you want to be there.

*Since I'm not Trevor Milton, I'll specify that some of my present tense statements are possibilities rather than certainties. I think they are all certain in the not so distant future.

My account value goes across a major milestone today. I can’t thank you and people on this forum enough. Thank you!

it is amazing that 99% of my stock investment knowledge is learned on TMC and it is Tesla that made me learn to invest so much.

Before I drove a Tesla in 2019 I only put 1% of time in stock, but now I am a full time stock investor and option trader :)

My account value goes across a major milestone today. I can’t thank you and people on this forum enough. Thank you!

it is amazing that 99% of my stock investment knowledge is learned on TMC and it is Tesla that made me learn to invest so much.

Before I drove a Tesla in 2019 I only put 1% of time in stock, but now I am a full time stock investor and option trader :)
Congratulations on the milestone!

After-action Report: Wed, Dec 30, 2020: (Full Day's Trading)

Headline: "TSLA ATH as Momentum Builds for Year End"

Traded: $29,336,919,291.72 ($29.34B)
Volume: 42,876,288
VWAP: $684.22

Close: $694.78 / VWAP: 101.58%
TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP
TSLA MaxPain (7:00 A.M.): $640 (+$5 from Tue)

TSLA S&P 500 Weight: 1.607583% (Dec 29)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM $658.583B / $217.181B = 303.24%
Note: Yahoo Finance yet to update TSLA Mkt Cap re shares issued Dec 11th (SEC Filing)
CEO Comp. Status: (est'd Mkt Cap including Dec 11th shares)

TSLA 30-day Closing Avg Market Cap: $605.73B
TSLA 6-mth Closing Avg Market Cap: $407.01B

Mkt Cap req'd for 7th tranche ($400B) likely achieved Tue, Dec 29, 2020
Nota Bene: Operational milestones are req'd for this tranche.
'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 53.4% (53rd Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short / Total Volume = 56.9% (54th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt ratio was 0.63% of Short Volume (47th Percentile Rank Exempt)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-12-30.png

QOTD: @woodisgood "It’s less of an incentive and more of a sneak attack"

Comment: "TSLA lays down the smak on 2020"

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

Today I achieved the financial end game I set 2 decades ago. The actual goal was reached long ago. This is the new game+ with 100% completion end game that I did not expect to reach.

It's been great riding with you guys.
Wow; congratulations! Something is in the air; multiple milestones being achieved.

I also re-reached a digit-based milestone again with today's SP increase. But more important than the actual milestone is the realization and understanding that we are still in the early stages of this story. Being late to the game, I have a ways to go, but I have complete confidence that TSLA will be the vehicle (pardon the pun) that helps me reach my financial goals.

The Tesla Shop recently lowered the diecast prices of the Model S, 3, and X to $175 while the Roadster and Semi remained at $250. The Roadster and Semi are now $175 as well.
Damn you, you just cost me $525! But now I have an almost complete set of little Teslas... just waiting on a Y.