Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best part:

Musk: I'm extremely confident that Tesla will have level five next year, extremely confident, 100%.

:D I knew it!

Musk: Our approach is probably going to be to execute independently. But we can either manufacture or license some of our technology to companies like BMW. We're trying to be as pure as possible here with respect to our goal, which is to accelerate the advent of sustainable energy. So, it's not about creating competitive walled gardens or anything like that. We're going to be making our supercharger network available to other companies, we're going to offer licensing of autopilot. They want to use our autonomy. And we can potentially do something with battery cells. And, you know, we're willing to license technology to help other companies do the right thing.

Musk: Our approach is probably going to be to execute independently. But we can either manufacture or license some of our technology to companies like BMW. We're trying to be as pure as possible here with respect to our goal, which is to accelerate the advent of sustainable energy. So, it's not about creating competitive walled gardens or anything like that. We're going to be making our supercharger network available to other companies, we're going to offer licensing of autopilot. They want to use our autonomy. And we can potentially do something with battery cells. And, you know, we're willing to license technology to help other companies do the right thing.
Excellent - the right strategy: Tesla Inside.
All other car manufacturers are just metal box companies if they accept this. Which they most likely will not.
"Yeah, we have 100+ years experience in building cars. And now we build steel frames."
It may occur - when the other manufacturers are close to dying.
Perhaps a more likely scenario: In a few years traditional auto are going to start whining and complaining to regulators. Then smart regulators will require cost and technology sharing as a condition for aid. Who better to partner with than the proven technology and market leader?
Kill them with kindness.

Last edited:
My account value goes across a major milestone today. I can’t thank you and people on this forum enough. Thank you!

it is amazing that 99% of my stock investment knowledge is learned on TMC and it is Tesla that made me learn to invest so much.

Before I drove a Tesla in 2019 I only put 1% of time in stock, but now I am a full time stock investor and option trader :)
Please be very, very careful with options. The last year has NOT been a portent of the near future. No matter what many people think here, among RobinHood speculators or elsewhere. Markets rise and fall. TSLA rises and falls. Tesla prospects are indeed stellar. That does NOT translate into endless rises nor is it even remotely possible to repeat 2020 options gains among many of us.

The market makers win. Customers, in the long term. Lose. Nobel Prize winners go bankrupt.

My strong advice to anybody who began trading options successfully in 2020is:
Congratulations! Quit now while you have profits.

I can't honestly believe that there are enough people trading significant enough sums on Robinhood to impact the options market to such a degree.

Oh right, I'm all in on HOOD when it IPO's. :cool: I wonder how many Robinhood users will buy HOOD at IPO, thus holding the stock of their broker in their portfolios.
Remember that the majority of HOOD customers are near-virgin speculators. HOOD will not look so good when they have losses. It will not be 2020 tomorrow!

I wonder if Tesla has been in talks with other OEMs around licensing their product already. It might explain why the some of the autonomy attempts by BMW and Mercedes have ended recently.

A reminder that AJ thought Tesla could be worth as little as $10 last year (pre-split). That's $2 post split and before any dilution that's occurred this year with capital raising and Elon's performance bonuses. Only out by 350x.
upload_2020-12-31_11-10-32.png

This is what "Progress" looks like:

Exxon signals up to $20 billion writedown to overwhelm 4th-qtr gains in oil, chemicals

HOUSTON (Reuters) -Exxon Mobil Corp signaled in a regulatory filing that higher oil and gas prices and improved chemicals margins would aid fourth quarter results, but the gains would be overshadowed by an up to $20 billion asset writedown.

5:24am EST​

The ICE-age cannot end soon enough (but I'll accept 'quickly').

Cheers!

I have a little new year's confession to make ... I'm about to become a seller.

I'm about to convert some of my "virtual gains" to hard concrete walls of a new apartment that will be mine and fully paid, no renting, no borrowing.
I can wait up to two months for TSLA to rise even higher so I'll need to sell smaller part of the pile.

My primary goal is to remain eligible for teslanaire club membership even after sinning against the Church of Hodl.

Smart move IMHO If you don't derive value for your needs and wants ... what is the point ... you cant take the TSLA shares with you o_O... I previously purchased a vacation home(mountain) with some shares and that lot was at a lot lower SP than we are now ... no regrets