Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B8CA5370-E5DD-4647-8D48-4A3A4E2EAEAF.png

This type of viewing of Tesla is new due to the S&P addition. It’s now included in News and Alerts in Robinhood.

It’s amusing to me that people repeat the same mistakes.

Fortunately when it comes to investing the term "put your money where your mouth is" rings very true and at the end of the day a non-zero number followed by many zeroes in your account balance does in fact inform you that you were right and they were wrong.

When I look at all those zeros gained today.
When I think of yesterday.
When I think of nearly the next two weeks.
My mind is in grotesque sensory overload.
I do not understand.
I thought I was fairly rational.
Now I shall consume inebriating beverages.
I haven't non-alcoholic inebriates close at hand.
Actually, I'm drunk on sensory overload.

You know where you need to stick this poetry. ;)

Rumor: GM To Produce Ultium-Based Electric Honda And Acura (insideevs.com)

And the progression is going as predicted. Legacy autos are failing and/or consolidating.

The partnership between General Motors and Honda soon might enter a new level and include joint production of new Ultium-based electric cars in North America.

According to Automotive News' unofficial sources, there is a plan to launch an electric Honda and electric Acura crossovers, produced in GM plants, within four years from now.

The first would be produced - reportedly - at GM's plant in Ramos Arizpe, Mexico (currently engaged in Chevrolet Blazer and Equinox), while the second, at GM's plant in Spring Hill, Tennessee (alongside Cadillac Lyriq).
This sounds exactly like Tesla in the early days when they were building drive trains for Toyota and Mercedes. If you assume (maybe a bad assumption but I'll assume anyway) that the other manufacturers follow the same trend then they are what, 8 years behind Tesla? Quite a head start for Tesla.

This is mania. I bet there will be a blow off top tomorrow. Maybe it will touch the low $1,000s. Too many investors piling in just to make a quick buck. They’ll be out in a hurry as soon as there is a break in trend.

Long term holders need not worry. Anyone on margin needs to deleverage ASAP. This is not normal

I bet this is the benchmark funds bidding it up. TSLA Options as usual add fuel to the fire. I think it's not just TSLA but the overall market has gone nuts. The whole market seems overextended.

There is definitely a correction coming but I don't know when, who has the crystal ball?. For anybody looking to sell covered calls March 20 1500 are paying 11$(that's 1100 per contract) and the same strike for June 20 are paying 40$. At a stock price of 1500$ TSLA market cap will be around 1.4T. Unbelievable.

Same for me - single biggest gain in one day on my portfolio. And my gain today is larger than my entire portfolio value from May 2019 - because I am a lot more concentrated in TSLA now.
In fact, this may be the largest increase in 1 day in total $ amount for TSLA stock. This is a gain of $300 in pre-split prices! :eek::D:D:D:D:D

I lost count in premarket.

This sounds exactly like Tesla in the early days when they were building drive trains for Toyota and Mercedes. If you assume (maybe a bad assumption but I'll assume anyway) that the other manufacturers follow the same trend then they are what, 8 years behind Tesla? Quite a head start for Tesla.
I was at Tesla during this time and tl:dr was that neither partner company had good enough engineers to keep up and their products suffered. My pm buddy was always frustrated after those con calls.

So I drink a shot of Woodford Reserve (Elons favorite whiskey) every time we set a new all time closing high in $100 increments.....pre split. So that means I need to drink for $3800, $3900, and $4000 today. Can you all stop buying for the next 3 minutes so I don't have to drink for $4100 too. Gonna be a fun afternoon.

So I had childhood friend over for some, very covid safe, afternoon catch-up. He's a whiskey connoisseur and immediately wanted to check if I still had one specific bottle unopened in my (very small) collection. It's not even a collection anymore since I've drank most of it without buying any new bottles.

Anyway he remembered I had in the early 00s bough two bottles of this one

Ardbeg 1975 Limited Edition

Following whiskey auctions he had noticed some pretty good prices lately. I'm guessing I probably payed around $50. Apparently now sell for $1000+.

And yes, one was long since emptied but the other one was not. It wasn't even opened.

While we were discussing this I noticed that tsla passed $800 for the first time. My original upper sell price that I had hoped to reach in 2028. So I got two glasses and without saying anything opened the bottle and poured us two very full glasses. He was a bit perplexed by this generosity so I told that I had a few Tesla shares.

We then proceeded to drink 2/3 of the bottle or about $700 worth of whiskey. While sitting at opposite ends of the room. Still a fun afternoon. Good thing there is auto correct and spellcheck though or this would have been unreadable.

PXL_20210107_211046944.jpg

I bet this is the benchmark funds bidding it up. TSLA Options as usual add fuel to the fire. I think it's not just TSLA but the overall market has gone nuts. The whole market seems overextended.

There is definitely a correction coming but I don't know when, who has the crystal ball?. For anybody looking to sell covered calls March 20 1500 are paying 11$(that's 1100 per contract) and the same strike for June 20 are paying 40$. At a stock price of 1500$ TSLA market cap will be around 1.4T. Unbelievable.

Maybe there's only 5 shares left that are available to trade. All others are HODLs. :D