Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's my plan.
Bitcoin will keep going up faster than TSLA this year. If TSLA crashes and consolidates at a certain price range for months, I sell my bitcoin and go back into TSLA.
If TSLA goes up, doesn't matter, because bitcoin went up way more.

What if TSLA just consolidates at a certain price point for months, without any significant "crash" occurring?
(reference: this past year's chart)

What is the strategy then? Sell BTC and buy TSLA after taking the CapGains hit twice?

I'm a day behind, so don't know if this has been addressed. But at least in the US, that is not how the tax credit works. The rich aren't getting money from the poor. The car buyer just gets a small reduction in their own tax bill, which if you are rich, is too high already (close to 50% federal and state).

So it's a graduated credit? That's progressive. In Canada, the rebate is issued independent of income, so wealthy get same rebate as those who earn less.

Assuming it is pronounced like this
ermahgerd.jpg
I gave you a :D funny rating... but a scary rating would be more fitting :eek:

Updated market cap history.
  • Over the last 4 years, TSLA has grown at a rate of almost 5x per year
  • TSLA is now worth almost half (48%) of Amazon (AMZN - $1.59 T)
  • TSLA is worth more than a third (35%) of Apple (AAPL - $2.2 T)
  • I've added Royal Dutch SHELL (RDSB) as a legacy energy data point comparison
  • Shell is down 12.5% per year over the last 4 years
  • I dropped Nikola
  • I increased the left axis scale so we see Apple's market cap (but the legacy auto manufacturers are becoming ants!
upload_2021-1-7_17-53-34.png

Last edited:
One of those times where I look at the stock and am seriously confused for a couple of seconds. "Am I looking at the time? Wait what was the price before?, Did it tank? This number does not make sense!".
Asked my girlfriend where we closed and she goes, "$816. Wait......eight? Eight hundred, right? That's crazy."

So I drink a shot of Woodford Reserve (Elons favorite whiskey) every time we set a new all time closing high in $100 increments.....pre split. So that means I need to drink for $3800, $3900, and $4000 today. Can you all stop buying for the next 3 minutes so I don't have to drink for $4100 too. Gonna be a fun afternoon.

I didn't know Woodford was Elon's favorite. Great stuff. Try a Woodford Reserve Manhattan "up" made with Carpano Antica Vermouth for your shots.
OT Woodford has a great distillery tour on the bourbon trail and you can arrange a stop at the Corvette Museum.
I confess that a 2020 ICE Corvette will soon be the horse in my barn (garage) that will be taken out for regular weekend exercise.
(Unless we soon get a Model S refresh then there will not be any room left in the barn)

I didn't know Woodford was Elon's favorite. Great stuff. Try a Woodford Reserve Manhattan "up" made with Carpano Antica Vermouth for your shots.
OT Woodford has a great distillery tour on the bourbon trail and you can arrange a stop at the Corvette Museum.
I confess that a 2020 ICE Corvette will soon be the horse in my barn (garage) that will be taken out for regular weekend exercise.
(Unless we soon get a Model S refresh then there will not be any room left in the barn)
One of my favorites too. I drink Bulleit more because it's cheaper. You know, I can probably afford to upgrade. OT but if you like Woodford Angel's Envy is a good one to grab that isn't so well known.

• Love
Reactions: kbM3