Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just sold ~2000 shares of Tesla today. I believe our country was on the brink of destruction. Elon's support of free speech, which justified the killing of 5 people and the execution of VP Pence and Nancy Pelosi ends 8 great years as a Tesla share holder. I still have covered calls I need to hold and will allow those to exercise.
I likely cost myself $50,000 to $100,000 today and millions in additional profits. I love my country.

My last post will likely be deleted. Good luck and godspeed to you all. I pray for our country and those who have died to protect it and I pray it survives the coming days.

I just listened to the All-In Podcast, with four highly intelligent people, including Chamath, debating this very issue of free speech, censorship, etc.

There are four different opinions.

Everyone is entitled an opinion on this, including Elon. I don’t see why you’d sell your Tesla investment for Elon having a different opinion.

Link here:

I'm probably over reacting, but I'm ok with that. He replied to a parody post by the Babylon Bee that read "Evil Fascist Dictator Censored and Voted out of Office" -- pretty good so far

Elon replied "A lot of people are going to be super unhappy with West Coast high tech as the de facto arbiter of free speech"

He is right of course. It is not the forum to discuss his intent or my interpretation. Suffice it to say, I believe I'm leaving millions of dollars on the table, but I have plenty of money to fund a long and pleasant retirement. I'm lucky to be able to take a stupid moral decision. On the bright side, the stock fell another $14 since I made my decision.

I am signing out for a while now, browser notification going down! Good luck and don't do what I do or what I say, follow your heart and you'll be ok.

You might have done it for love of country, but based on this dip -- should you decide to get back in, in a few days you might actually end up with good market timing ;) Good Luck !!

Today's just a bloody day for all tech stocks. TWTR has had a less volatile day than TSLA, lol. Just funny how Friday was BUY! BUY! BUY! and today is SELL! SELL! SELL! on basically no Tesla news.

Almost the entire market wears some of these and can barely see past their own nose:
sps_5586.jpg

....deleted post....

Oh brother of Bob (which is actually me)... I probably understand more than most here and nearly did the same last week listening to Bob. Nothing wrong with the move, although I have more faith in Democracy, even in this new Internet era. It helps flush out some old thinking still vs ignore because of whatever is in the media du jour. Hopefully there are sensible Web rules and norms established to help manage it all and keep it closer to 100.

I decided on Friday (when it didn't pull back as expected), and pondered more over the weekend, and decided that I'd like some more money. I deserve lakefront and could even pursue electric boats. Being "out" meant I'd have to watch it rise more (as I'm confident it will) and I was not ready to loose my dream. My own product development has much lower odds compared to Tesla.

So I picked up 200 shares on Fri, and another 300 today. I might be trying to catch the knife too hard as there's a little blood there, but feeling better with FOMO about to kick in with earnings. Next stop at $804.01 was it? I still haven't returned to my shares held last week.

Ok fine, I'll buy some of the shares I trimmed back. :rolleyes:

The funny thing about all of the beatings that TSLA has taken over the years is that its made a lot of us HODLers much more resilient. We see an 8% dip now and it's like "meh. Good buying opp. It'll be back up in a few days."
It's made me a better investor in general. My other positions can drop and I don't flinch anymore.

Meh. Super easy to push down today with no one buying, massive down pressure on tech, and chaos in the air. Won’t last.

Bought out of my $900 covered call today and will resell at $1200 once we cross $900.

It’s a bit missy right now but Jan 20th will almost certainly be next Wednesday. That should clear things up.

Waiting on hearing what has Elon so excited today....