Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't spoken to my friend who just opened a TD Ameritrade and bought one share of TSLA on Fri. Then they said they were going to buy more soon. Hopefully they waited.

This is why advise is so risky. Yet I'm that confident of Tesla long term accelerated growth curve, I did help a close friend get in. Of course I gave all the disclaimers and stories about volatility, but we all wish our friends could do well here too. (At least they talk about how they plan to, but mostly don't.) So helping them set it up is the nudge they need sometimes, and all it took was the suggestion to knock them off the fence into owning some TSLA future.

Side note, I was not qualified for their $50 referral bonus, only my friend got it. That's bc I manage my own money now and so my coaching new clients is probably not encouraged by TD. Now they must be asking, how did I get to a new customer before they did, right? Welcome to a very new marketing paradigm today... Word-of-Mouth.
This is exactly why I don't discuss TSLA with anyone. I don't want to be held responsible if things go south for a period of time.

Ironically, another reason is because I'm a very private person and don't want others knowing anything about my finances (outside of TMC :p).

I'm not sure I understand your point. Even after their recent sales of TSLA all of their funds are still >10%:
  • ARKW: 10.55%
  • ARKQ: 12.72%
  • ARKK: 10.90%
That will probably come down a little with the price move today, we will see in an hour or so.

They target 10% TSLA and some here have argued that their timing of sales are unconnected to any timing of the market day to day. That it's just a function of rebalancing and somehow automatic. (Although some rules obviously exist and may force some action as well.) But I don't think so.

I've been trading like ARK (fixed % not including my past 2 trading days), and somewhat with ARK on timing for months now. Not the first time I've considered their actions to trigger mine. It has worked very well so far, for me, on finding many of the peaks and troughs. Some of my sells have occurred before I knew about theirs so we have a similar rhythm on this perhaps.

I mention this here because I feel like some have mentioned NIO as being a competitor to Tesla, even though I don’t see it that way.

Kind of funny they use NIO day to pump their stock for a announcement for a round of stock offering.A move from the Nikola playbook.

NIO down 4% AH

Nio to offer $1.3 billion in convertible notes

I just rated this funny... and then realized....

Isn't this the same as what Tesla did when they did their autonomy day?

what is the benefit of rolling the 900’s to 1000?
As TSLA actually gets near the strike price (two years early), the rate of return starts declining, so I rolled it up $100.

I bought the $900Cs when TSLA was at $664. As TSLA approached $800, the rate of return of the LEAPS vs. holding TSLA was a ratio of 4/1 (no joke, 80% vs 20%). Then it started leveling off to ~2/1. The overall ratio when I sold ended up at 3.5/1. I want that steep slope to continue and believe well above $1000 is achievable in 2 years.

If we get near $1000 within 2-3 months, I'll roll again, probably to $1200. Just depends.

Of course, if TSLA go flat, goes down or rises extremely slowly, I would have been better off staying at $900.

Hi Guys, I am newbie and hold some Tesla shares at price point of $470. I am trying to understand what had happened today. Please could you or someone help explain a bit....
Thanks

Stocks go up, stocks go down. Sometimes for a reason, sometimes for no reason at all.

Keep your eye on the prize: in 10 years time your shares will likely be worth 10 times as much, maybe more.

I mention this here because I feel like some have mentioned NIO as being a competitor to Tesla, even though I don’t see it that way.

Kind of funny they use NIO day to pump their stock for a announcement for a round of stock offering.A move from the Nikola playbook.

NIO down 4% AH

Nio to offer $1.3 billion in convertible notes
LOL, as we saw in 2020, when Tesla does a capital raise by issuing shares, the cost is near zero. The market basically gives the company free money.

Dilution? What's that?

I guess you can't buy options on or short SIGL?

You can not.

ASK ME HOW I KNOW.

How does this work with the infinite squeeze?

It's a reminder many using that phrase understand neither the phrase, or what actually happened during the VW infinity squeeze and why it's not (and can't be) happening now.

• Funny
Reactions: FireMedic
Another day like today and I'll be kicked out of the club.

I got booted today. But I got some more shares today as well. So that should make it easier to get back in.

When-She-Casually-Tries-Sneak-First-Class.gif