Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't think of a worse way to launch the $35k models. EM works for 10 years to achieve this but the PR of the rollout is a disaster. They should have separated the $35k announcement and the move to 100% online.

Infact they should have announced the 100% online with the ER. It would have probably been welcomed as a cost cutting measure if they had given more information around how many sales staff they have and how much they are spending on sales staff even though most sales are online.

Instead of having an event for just v3 rollout - they could have combined that with the $35k rollout - so the important SR rollout would have been an actual event.

They need a comms head who isn't just another Yes man VP to Musk but someone who devices the best comms strategy and sells it to Musk.

ps : EM keeps saying "this was so difficult to do" for many items. He probably thinks this makes the achievement impressive - but I think Wall St thinks of it as a negative. Instead of that EM should start saying how none of the legacy OEms with 100 year experience have been able to do it. Boast it as a unique achievement instead of a "was extremely difficult to achieve and we nearly went bankrupt" achievement.
Are you busy? I agree with all of this and think you should get the job. The grouping of earnings with store closures and M3@35k with V3 makes so much sense.

It's not like EM had any chance of converting those bonds (or even half) to equity. This should have been the backup plan. Hell store closings could have been tiered, with maybe 40% closing immediately and the rest over 6 quarters. That would have appeared to be rational cost cutting, not a kneejerk plan that smelled to Wall Street like desperation.

I think a China loan was widely expected, but the $2.5bn refinancing from US/Europe banks was not.
Looks like one (?) in the lending syndicate with a commitment of $197 million decided not to extend:

Among other things, the Amendment and Restatement Agreement amended the ABL Credit Agreement to increase the revolving commitments by $500.0 million to a total of $2.425 billion, to extend the maturity date from June 10, 2020 to July 1, 2023 as to approximately $2.228 billion of the total revolving commitments, to increase the letter of credit subfacility from $200.0 million to $400.0 million, and to amend certain covenants and baskets.

The loan news is very significant, likely 10 plus banks have just finished full due diligence on Tesla and given them $1bn of new liquidity while also significantly extending the maturity of a further $2bn of credit lines.

This is essentially $3bn financing transactions that deals with the vast majority of its debt maturities for the next two years.
I like that they pushed the ABL to 2023, gives Tesla lots of time to ramp.

Nope, that is why people have problems. They drive until late at night and stop and check-in to a hotel. Then they get up in the morning and drive say 30 miles to a Supercharger and wait forever for it to charge. Maybe they should drive the extra 60 mile round-trip to charge before checking in. (or shortly after checking in.)

But there are lots of cases for hitting a Supercharger without having driven for hours first.

Wouldn't it have been better to stop at a hotel with a destination charger and plug-in for the night? Saving the need to stop before or after the hotel stay? These aren't gasmobiles after all!

Advertising using a good agency might be cost effective to improve their image and help sales medium term, even if they are selling all they can build right now. Improvement to their web site would be a good first step in a communications strategy and cheaper. Perhaps a series of videos to aid the less-informed who go to their web site:
  • How the supercharger network works.
  • Explain home charging and destination charging.
  • How to buy a Tesla.
  • How to get repairs, and how well that works.
  • The warranty (you won't have to buy a new battery in a few years).
  • AP and FSD.
  • Show each vehicle inside and out:
    • cargo room;
    • what's under the hood
    • good look at the interior
    • two good sized people sitting comfortably in the back seat;
    • drivers of various sizes in the drivers seat:
      • a short person has a good view of the road;
      • a tall person has leg room and room over his head;
      • a fat guy has room and gracefully exits the car.
  • Range.
  • Routine service requirements (nil)
  • A short history of the company and accomplishments
  • Links to owners manuals.
  • Etc.
Or just watch some YouTube videos. I suggest @liketeslakim because she has a doll. And Bjorn because he cusses a lot and it's hallarious! Shheeeeeeriit!

Speaking of pics of the model Y.
Why haven't we seen model Y's testing on the track ?
We saw testing of the 3 before the reveal didn't we ?

Possibilities:
1. Since 3 and Y are so similar no need for testing ?
2. Model 3 mules used to test new wiring etc ?
3. Testing is being done on mars ?
Perhaps the Boring Company built an underground track.

It would be unusual to pull into a Supercharger after less than two hours driving, no?
Not when you're driving with a fully loaded car, cold soaked battery and roof box, up into the Rockies at 120 km/h when it's -28C outside. That's when you average 308 Wh/km in your LR RWD M3 and need to stop every 1.5 hours to charge up. Then you find out your battery charges really slowly when it's cold and it isn't fully warmed up even after 3 hours driving and one hour on a Supercharger after the first hour driving (Oh my, that charge was *really* slow).

As you can imagine, I'm very happy to hear about the pre-conditioning update coming soon. ;)

Advertising using a good agency might be cost effective to improve their image and help sales medium term, even if they are selling all they can build right now. Improvement to their web site would be a good first step in a communications strategy and cheaper. Perhaps a series of videos to aid the less-informed who go to their web site:
Any advertising will tank SP - because, you know, it proves no demand.

But definitely its a good idea to make professional videos to help with various things - may be just have EM do it (but professionally produced) and host it on a Tesla channel on YouTube (apart from website).

Video evidence is pretty bad. Government has to make a show of acting like they will do something. This is the Tesla investor thread though. SpaceX immaterial.

I’m not convinced the report is real. The same people said the same thing back when the video first went up and it ended up being totally false and an attempt to make news(with multiple companies trying, unsuccessfully to egg on the pentagon to investigate him). I see no reason to believe the same bad actors now.

Yes, and her campaign slogan is "Get Out the Toke"
OT : The ironic part is she claimed that to get some street cred. The songs she said she was listening to when smoking pot didn't come out for a few years after she claimed to have smoked pot. Her father got upset by her characterization of West Indies people as pot smokers and disowned her. As a prosecutor and AG she imprisoned thousands of people a year for the crime she now proudly claims she committed.

You joke, but I knew instinctively that I'd find a guaranteed comment along these lines by checking exactly one source...

View attachment 384049
FDA just approved Ketamine for Major Depression. Smeagle could greatly benefit from being treated with it. We could all benefit from him being majorly tranquilized. What a deeply disturbed individual.