Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With a 1.5G boost from the thruster, the Tesla Roadster SpaceX edition could do 0-155mph in under 3 seconds. (not a typo).

Woah.

cFOnfs4.gif

Is there any good reason for Tesla to consider getting into the business of making standardized chips if the problem wasn't on the chip manufacturing side of the equation in the first place?

Only if chips become a problem, or an opportunity.

We had Battery Day and Autonomy Day for a reason, there were problems in these areas, and they were important.

Sometimes to solve problems effectively they need to be anticipated years in advance.

The world's fastest roller coaster launches people from 0-60 in 2 seconds. The plaid S already hits that speed!

This Ferrari roller coaster hits nearly 150 MPH | Autoblog

HypersonicXLC at Kings Dominion used compressed air instead of hydraulics to launch (similar to a certain Roadster.........), it had a lower top speed, but it accelerated more quickly than Ferrari's coaster: it did 0-80mph in 1.8 seconds.

The launch felt like being rear-ended by a speeding semi. (It was demolished years ago)

WTF? How has Joe Rogan never seen, and did not know, how the falcon 9 first stage lands. How many times has he had Elon Musk on and does not know this? What sort of bubble does he live in???

That was a downer. That sidekick dude had to show him the landings.

Elon - whatever the booze was you people use tooooo much ice. Unless you drink naphtha, don't use this much ice. It does not look good.

It was the weakest one. Joe is not able to interview Elon and it shows more and more. I get it, this is super popular but it was just like shoe talking with a monkey.

Please stop.

That was a downer. That sidekick dude had to show him the landings.

Elon - whatever the booze was you people use tooooo much ice. Unless you drink naphtha, don't use this much ice. It does not look good.

It was the weakest one. Joe is not able to interview Elon and it shows more and more. I get it, this is super popular but it was just like shoe talking with a monkey.

Please stop.
Seems like Elon enjoyed himself. Not every interview must be deep and profound. He looks pretty chill and they cracked a few jokes. Let the man relax vs trying get him say something material about Tesla.

In the podcast Elon did speak a bit on the advances in airbag technology. He went so far as to say you basically don't even need a seatbelt. He went on to explain that tesla is constantly determining the best way to deploy airbags in the event of a crash based on seat position, weight on the seat, and distribution of weight on the seat. Basically the car knows how you are sitting on your seat, whether you're sitting on the edge or off to one side and is prepared to deploy airbags in the safest manner.

Doing some more math, assuming an ISP of ~60 (normative of gas thrusters), a total delta v of 60m/s would require a ~1.1x mass ratio. This would allow ~4 seconds of ~1.5G thrust (thrust would probably decrease as the tank depleted though)

Elon said it uses a 10,000 PSI tank:
Air Density Calculator - What is the Density of Air?

Density of air at 10,000 PSI is roughly 840kg/m^3, so if mass is approximately 2000kg, ~200kg of air would require a COPV about 0.25m^3 in size.

Doing some rough calcs, I'd bet it could do the 0-1/4 somewhere in the 5.x second range... :eek::cool:
My guess is that Elon is probably optimizing the thrusters for cornering rather than straight-line acceleration. He's probably aiming to make a car that can beat the all-time Nordschleife lap time by maybe 30 seconds or so. With a production car. When you can take the sharpest turn on the 'ring at 140 MPH the hardest part will be keeping the driver from passing out.:oops:

Seems like Elon enjoyed himself. Not every interview must be deep and profound. He looks pretty chill and they cracked a few jokes. Let the man relax vs trying get him say something material about Tesla.
Wow so Joe Rogan seems nuts from this interview... I guess that means Kanye and Elon will have intelligent philosophical discussion of societal implications of cybernetic prosthetics.

Yep, if you smoke enough weed, it blasts you to past crazy to super genius. Don’t give up now Joe Rogan.

That's a whole lotta worthless puts at a $20 strike price. I assume they were bought pre-split at $100 strike price, betting on bankwuptcy o_O
So why over 300k contracts for next week? Looks to be 200x than normal. I can't even imagine the premium you have to pay fighting with others trying to get in. I don't even think there were 300k contracts on Nikola puts.

Reactions: willow_hiller