Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I completely agree with this, because I think BTC is a stupid concept and little more than an instrument for speculation. Tesla should sell all its bitcoin and either buy back some stock or put the cash into further development, either research or plant.
Lol, I just bought a little this week so I could watch it. I can't believe it even went higher!

Uh, in the first few seconds of the interview he says, "I invested in Impossible Foods, Beyond Meat, Quantumscape" then a few minutes later he say, "I don't talk about my investments".
He has also turned his Twitter account to the sort where no-one can post responses to his tweets any more. When you resort to that, you're admitting you're hiding something. Off my follow list

I bought some more @ $786. It's getting boring now - dip buy, dip buy, dip buy.
Let's see if this $777 catches any luck. I don't think so, missed the train...
upload_2021-2-19_11-58-26.png

Reactions: H Mak and LN1_Casey
I like picking a price in advance, but my timing was a bit off this week. :oops: It's Bullish on TSLA short-term for me.

Recently someone pegged the stock at 900 and I alway go a dollar more. That's my sell starting price, except I should really do a dollar less to beat them, except again I always wanted Bose 901's as a kid working audio repair at the HiFi Hut in New Port Richey Fla., in the late 70's. You know, back when NASA was spewing creativity and I Dream of Jeannie episodes (you can think it).

LoL, I went to HS in New Port No where.... My dad used to drop his stuff off to the Hut back in the day instead of doing it himself from Radio Shack at Gulfview square mall.... (small world) sorry for OT mods!

• Love
Reactions: SOULPEDL
Tesla files to expand Fremont factory, make Model Y 'tent' permanent | Teslarati.com

Tesla has filed an application with the City of Fremont to expand its vehicle production facility by 64,000 square feet. The application describes plans to implement foundations and install below-ground utilities under General Assembly 4.5 (GA 4.5), where the Model Y production lines are located.​

Cheers!

Tesla files to expand Fremont factory, make Model Y 'tent' permanent | Teslarati.com

Tesla has filed an application with the City of Fremont to expand its vehicle production facility by 64,000 square feet. The application describes plans to implement foundations and install below-ground utilities under General Assembly 4.5 (GA 4.5), where the Model Y production lines are located.​

Cheers!

Is there any reason this expansion couldn't be for battery cell production?

Seeing how Tesla is going the route of everything needed for production being localized and each factory having it's own battery production on site.

I'm mostly wondering there's anything that could limit them from doing that. But I can't see there being any limitation since they're doing cell production at kato rd.

Wow, you're in for an exciting couple of hours!

Always great to have skin in the game.

For my part, this Wednesday I sold 10x cc805 and 3x cc825 for today's expiry, that was $8300 cash in my account, thank you very much!

I'm being a tad greedy, but I have 6 CC's expiring. I have 690 shares in the account. So if the calls expire worthless, the new CC I sell should be enough to buy 10 more shares to add another CC to the batch. If I have to roll, right now I would need to roll to a lower strike price than I want. 1st world problems.

Ordinarily I'd agree, but with the gains from BTC, they could sell, juice the bottom line, and then they'd have to put that cash somewhere. I suppose they could keep it in cash, but that is kind of a mixed signal with why they got into BTC in the first place. By placing it into a share buyback, it gives them a good excuse for why they sold the BTC. I'm justing brainstorming here.

Yeah, put it into some production capacity, acquire an innovative startup, scale Kato Road a bit more, build-out Supercharger network or service-centres, all of that, it's an opportunity for growth, if anything.

But all that being said, it's a fiat-hedge, not a speculative investment, so they shouldn't be selling it for profit.

Is there any reason this expansion couldn't be for battery cell production?

Seeing how Tesla is going the route of everything needed for production being localized and each factory having it's own battery production on site.

I'm mostly wondering there's anything that could limit them from doing that. But I can't see there being any limitation since they're doing cell production at kato rd.

The entire pack for 3/Y is manfactured, assembled, and shipped from Sparks, NV to Fremont. That leaves only the pack manufacturing and assembly for S/X at Fremont. They doubtless repurposed the previous part of the factory used to assemble the old packs for the new ones during the Christmas shutdown.

They need to get on with their max push down for the Robinhood forced selloff coming up. I always find this amazing. To draw a set of volatility expiration lines in the morning to estimate the majority of retail's 90% losses and for it to follow that line for hours. If they can force it down more by 3 EST they will max out Retail losses when they are force sold out of their positions.

This has to be shear luck right? Nobody would believe I drew this ahead of time. I was just guessing looking at the options flow.

amazing.png

I'm being a tad greedy, but I have 6 CC's expiring. I have 690 shares in the account. So if the calls expire worthless, the new CC I sell should be enough to buy 10 more shares to add another CC to the batch. If I have to roll, right now I would need to roll to a lower strike price than I want. 1st world problems.

And 10 is the magic number to sell 7 calls rather than 6, good luck!

Reactions: bkp_duke
I'm kinda thinking Ark's new PT will be the catalyst for the start of a new run.

You think? I don't. Looks to me like we're in limbo for a while and will wander the corridors of +/- 800 for a while. I don't think any analyst PT's will change this, did they ever seriously, other than downwards? We need buying volume, and what will do that in the current climate? I don't know, even FSD is a USA-only thing, should it happen.

My person feeling is that we're in for long period of consolidation following years of SP suppression. The current Tesla valuation is ridiculous based on a snapshot of the present, it's VERY forward-looking and relies on a lot of execution without too many hitches along the way.

I think GF4&5 starting production will help, same way as GF3 was a total surprise to the markets (despite us knowing all about it from day one), CT in particular could ignite the stock again, but that's towards the end of the year, if not next.

Not trying to be a Debbie-downer, just the way I see it.

You think? I don't. Looks to me like we're in limbo for a while and will wander the corridors of +/- 800 for a while. I don't think any analyst PT's will change this, did they ever seriously, other than downwards? We need buying volume, and what will do that in the current climate? I don't know, even FSD is a USA-only thing, should it happen.

My person feeling is that we're in for long period of consolidation following years of SP suppression. The current Tesla valuation is ridiculous based on a snapshot of the present, it's VERY forward-looking and relies on a lot of execution without too many hitches along the way.

I think GF4&5 starting production will help, same way as GF3 was a total surprise to the markets (despite us knowing all about it from day one), CT in particular could ignite the stock again, but that's towards the end of the year, if not next.

Not trying to be a Debbie-downer, just the way I see it.

Ark holds a lot more weight on Wall St today than it did just a year a ago. Not saying new PT from Ark would cause a significant rally, just that it could be the start of one with other catalysts adding on. Obviously execution from Tesla determines if it is sustainable, that's obvious. But we can only make our estimates based off of Tesla's recent execution and for the past year and half, Tesla has been executing extremely well.

As for the current valuation, I don't get how or why people think it's ridiculous. Tell me the metric you're using that says it's ridiculous? Price to sales ratio? Not really. P/E multiple? Not really because forward P/E is all that matters. EBITDA and cashflow ratios? Definitely not. This is of course if Tesla sticks to their baseline guidance of 50% growth. But again, we have to use the guidance and information we've acquired to make reasonable assumptions. If you don't believe Tesla will do baseline 50% growth this year and next, then sure you can say you think the stock will do nothing for an extended period of time. But that has to be clarified.

Even in Gary's model which I think is conservative on the volume of deliveries, the current share price is not overvalued.

Edit: This response is not meant to be like directed at you Lycan, I just have a lot of people in my circle that I know that when I talk investments....they use the line "Tesla is wildly overvalued". I then ask ok.....well do you believe Tesla will able to hit this and this number in terms of deliveries for this year? And next year? And most of the time they answer "Yes". At which point, I break down the numbers into how that equates to revenue and earnings and then put those numbers into metrics and show them Tesla is not overvalued at all right now. I warn them, keep up that attitude and you're going to be left behind trying to build your position in Tesla now.

There's just a common and popular theme to just blindly say Tesla's valuation is crazy without any actual data to back that up. The real facts are Tesla was ridiculously undervalued for years

Last edited: