Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone notice Peter Schiff’s name on Twitter? :DView attachment 639188
sddefault.jpg

Lol Gary is back pumping, looking for some help from Elon....Unbelievable.

View attachment 639213

So maybe this is a question for papafox and the rest of you gurus.... but what indicators besides the massive purchase in options a little over a week ago that the stock was headed for this? It's not inside information... I feel like people are looking at earnings calls

Reactions: UncaNed
So clearly TSLA ran up to fill the gap this morning after the bounce. Can someone explain why filling the gap is a thing? lol
Because it raises eyebrows if they don't (even at the SEC).

Playing the Gap: "to-fill-or-not-to-fill' | investopedia.com

MUCH more important question: How are the shortzes pushing the SP down so easily and at their will with the UPTICK RULE in effect?

Hint: it's b.s. Market Makers conspire with Hedge funds to circumvent SEC regulations.

EDIT: Notice that we tickled the 100-day Moving average this morning: (now put in play)

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2021-02-23.12-28.png

Last edited:
Can everyone stop posting their 'look at me I'm buying at the bottom' prices. No one ever manages to time the bottom so every one of your posts is a signal for it to go lower.
That's not right. I appreciate all buying and without that person buying at the very bottom, there would be no bottom!

We should celebrate opportunities like this for those with undersized positions to be able to build significant positions at better prices compared to the last couple of months.
Exactly. I've actually been holding back for the sensitive since last time, which goes against the very war cry we need here people. There should be clapping when TMC members buy in the trenches. Like you said, it's how we stop it from bleeding any further, and I'm trying to encourage others to do the same, like they encourage me.

So my next order is at $629. And guess what... they are cheaper so I like it even more now. Just like any bargain sale.

I thought the stories of my brother "Oh Bob" would explain the risks in plain sight. He was living proof, with TSLA, twice broken by bear raids. He's just trading the shares now on his 3rd try while day trading it and doing alright. But he likely undid a month of trading "work" he calls it, just today.

Sharing my trades with confidence and might is not disrespect the way I see it. My account was halved before it 10x'd and it will happen again, IMHO, with the FSD and Energy transition. Soon.

So maybe this is a question for papafox and the rest of you gurus.... but what indicators besides the massive purchase in options a little over a week ago that the stock was headed for this? It's not inside information... I feel like people are looking at earnings calls
Plummeting COVID cases usually precede rotation out of tech. Sector performance also signaled a rotation out of energy. What we didn't anticipate was the magnitude. This is like the mother of all rotations. We could also see SPY was at its upper trend line and a pullback was due around 400. What we didn't anticipate was the trigger: a massive tech sell-off.

I think we can safely say S&P inclusion did diddly squat for volatility.

I don't think that should be a surprise to anyone who has been following along.

I gotta admit, this thing has plummeted faster and harder that I thought.

I honestly am not trying to say "I told you so", but it's my sincere hope that people can learn how high-flyers work in markets before becoming surprised.

This is why I always say "If you want to run with the big dogs you have to be comfortable peeing in the tall grass."

Some people think big moves down that high-flyers typically make disqualify them from being "investment grade". I look at it differently. By taking a longer-term horizon an investor can safely participate in the larger gains typical of these kind of stocks.

I'm not trying to say that Tesla is a typical high-flyer. In my opinion, it stands far above any stock I've ever seen in terms of potential for the ultimate market cap.

Corrections happen all the time with the stock market. This one is not Tesla specific at all. If you look back at some posts from last week you will see some discussion around how frothy the market had become, SPACs, EV bubble etc. Big money moves the market and there is always this rotation bs. You don’t have to play this game but you can certainly take advantage of it by buying the dip.

The 10 year yield is being blamed for this corruption....I mean correction ;)

In some circles this is called 'roaming profile'? Ask Gates.
Gates was on The News Hours last night stating that cost parity between ICE and BEV is still "10-15 yrs away". Ha, maybe if your problem is you can't find any batteries in the supply chain and cost to build is 2x Tesla bc of all the overhead in marketing and distribution, just off the top of my head. Besides, Gates invented Ctrl-Alt-Del - what a cop out Bill.

That's not right. I appreciate all buying and without that person buying at the very bottom, there would be no bottom!

We should celebrate opportunities like this for those with undersized positions to be able to build significant positions at better prices compared to the last couple of months.
That's why I said stop posting. NOT stop buying. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger