Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was that Tweet? She blocked me after I RESPONDED to her Bitcoin thread politely. Apparently one cannot have a differing opinion.

Karen said that she blocked a load of people who replied to her about Bitcoin, her twitter feed was being overwhelmed and that was the easiest way of getting rid of them. Looks like you were caught up by mistake.

I didn't reply about Bitcoin, even though I have some perspectives that I've not seen mentioned elsewhere.

Edit: This is Karens tweet https://twitter.com/enn_nafnlaus/status/1363144361291227136

Honestly, I've just been trying to get the level down from "flood" to "trickle" so I'm not drowning constantly in it - not eliminate every single mention. If you hear of anyone who was blocked who wants to be unblocked, let me know.

Edit: further upthread:

Honestly, in the past week I've blocked the majority of Tesla bitcoin supporters, to avoid my life being consumed by endless, repetitive soul-consuming debates. But you're way too amusing to block ;)

Last edited:
Buggering back in here...

Wow, when I (jokingly) asked you all to push the SP below 700 last night (knowing full well you all had no desire to do so :rolleyes:) I had no clue you all liked me so much, and decided to make it so, today! Thanks!

However, you all could have let me know before you did! Totally caught unprepared to buy the dip as much as I would have liked to. A little heads-up the next time, okay? ;););)

Umm — careful what you wish for? Next time put more thought and preparation into it. You have two wishes left.

OT computer history:
Gates was on The News Hours last night stating that cost parity between ICE and BEV is still "10-15 yrs away". Ha, maybe if your problem is you can't find any batteries in the supply chain and cost to build is 2x Tesla bc of all the overhead in marketing and distribution, just off the top of my head. Besides, Gates invented Ctrl-Alt-Del - what a cop out Bill.

Gates didn't create the three finger salute:
Control-Alt-Delete - Wikipedia
The soft reboot function via keyboard was originally designed by David Bradley.[6][7] Bradley, as the chief engineer of the IBM PC project and developer of the machine's ROM-BIOS, had originally used Ctrl+Alt+Esc,[8] but found it was too easy to bump the left side of the keyboard and reboot the computer accidentally. According to his own account, Mel Hallerman, who was the chief programmer of the project, therefore suggested switching the key combination to Ctrl+Alt+Del as a safety measure, a combination impossible to press with just one hand on the original IBM PC keyboard.[9][10][11]
In fact, Gates didn't even like it:
Bradley is also known for his good-natured jab at Gates at the celebration of the 20th anniversary of the IBM PC on August 8, 2001 at The Tech Museum: "I have to share the credit. I may have invented it, but I think Bill made it famous."; he quickly added it was a reference to Windows NT logon procedures ("Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to log on").[14][10]

During a question and answer presentation on 21 September 2013, Gates said "it was a mistake", referring to the decision to use Ctrl+Alt+Del as the keyboard combination to log into Windows. Gates stated he would have preferred a single button to trigger the same actions, but could not get IBM to add the extra button into the keyboard layout.[8]
ah the days before Microsoft was big enough to get custom keys added to keyboards. Wonder if he envied Jobs in that regard...

OT computer history:

Gates didn't create the three finger salute:
Control-Alt-Delete - Wikipedia
In fact, Gates didn't even like it:

ah the days before Microsoft was big enough to get custom keys added to keyboards. Wonder if he envied Jobs in that regard...
Yes, his biggest regret. He states this on camera, somewhat jokingly.

That forces me to take an extra test drive to make sure I like it.
In an almost perverse way I wish it was just pushed as the only option.

While this doesn't matter or concern me in any way, Tesla has kinda dropped the ball with the whole S/X refresh at this point. Production lines haven't really been running for 2 months now and there's a bunch of confusion on the updated S, the main thing being the steering wheel yoke. I mean I have yet to see a refreshed S even being tested with the yoke.

And then you had Elon saying on the earnings call that they wanted to do some sort of press call about the new S/X because there were lots of things to discuss......and yet it's been radio silence for 3 weeks now.

Again makes zero difference to me if Tesla ships a updated S in March or start in April. But they definitely didn't handle this smoothly. Some were stating a week or two ago that they were worried about Tesla delivering any S in Q1 which I brushed off. Not sure at this point.

While this doesn't matter or concern me in any way, Tesla has kinda dropped the ball with the whole S/X refresh at this point. Production lines haven't really been running for 2 months now and there's a bunch of confusion on the updated S, the main thing being the steering wheel yoke. I mean I have yet to see a refreshed S even being tested with the yoke.

And then you had Elon saying on the earnings call that they wanted to do some sort of press call about the new S/X because there were lots of things to discuss......and yet it's been radio silence for 3 weeks now.

Again makes zero difference to me if Tesla ships a updated S in March or start in April. But they definitely didn't handle this smoothly. Some were stating a week or two ago that they were worried about Tesla delivering any S in Q1 which I brushed off. Not sure at this point.
No lies detected.
And my Plaid S still shows up as a broken image link :eek:

Don't give them ammo, Elon!

Reactions: phantasms
Stop losses are real.

This is from the TSLA Shareholders club facebook page

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 10.37.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 10.39.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 10.39.27 AM.png

Karen said that she blocked a load of people who replied to her about Bitcoin, her twitter feed was being overwhelmed and that was the easiest way of getting rid of them. Looks like you were caught up by mistake.

I didn't reply about Bitcoin, even though I have some perspectives that I've not seen mentioned elsewhere.

Edit: This is Karens tweet https://twitter.com/enn_nafnlaus/status/1363144361291227136

Edit: further upthread:
Sad. Because when you bring up the subject but ask nobody to respond, well that’s stupid. She is really hurt about the Bitcoin stuff. I had followed her way before this. She has actually liked my responses in the past.

Reactions: reardencode
Sad. Because when you bring up the subject but ask nobody to respond, well that’s stupid. She is really hurt about the Bitcoin stuff. I had followed her way before this. She has actually liked my responses in the past.
She's a little temperamental, like most geniuses (ask me how I know :cool:)

I was going to post this earlier but figured it would have gotten lost in the sky is falling we're dipping talk :p.

I keep seeing speculation that Tesla is going to miss on Q1 P/D, with some speculation that they'll miss big. Sorry but I just don't see it. In fact most of the evidence points to them beating Q4. Sure the S ramp is taking longer than expected. But Giga china is cranking out 25k vehicles a quarter and it'll likely increase in March. There's more ships for this quarter than there was in Q4. That'll more than make up for the loss of S/X sales this quarter.
I think the only annoying thing I'm preparing myself for is that I think model S and X aren't going to move the needle much because most potential buyers are going to opt for the new battery that's coming this fall. A 550 mile model S is enough for people to not order the current iteration. I almost think it would be a good idea for Tesla to acknowledge it now and sort of advertise the most recent refresh with old battery as sort of discounted. Perhaps Tesla sandbagging is a way to guard against that though.... they know that will happen to some extent I'm sure. I don't know what do you guys think?

Reactions: Hrtme and SpaceCash