Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the only annoying thing I'm preparing myself for is that I think model S and X aren't going to move the needle much because most potential buyers are going to opt for the new battery that's coming this fall. A 550 mile model S is enough for people to not order the current iteration. I almost think it would be a good idea for Tesla to acknowledge it now and sort of advertise the most recent refresh with old battery as sort of discounted. Perhaps Tesla sandbagging is a way to guard against that though.... they know that will happen to some extent I'm sure. I don't know what do you guys think?

I think it's pretty much known that the Plaid+ will be using the new cells.........and anyone that wants it is going to going to be paying 20k more to get it. I think that's enough of a deterrence.

Stop losses are real.

This is from the TSLA Shareholders club facebook page

View attachment 639243 View attachment 639244 View attachment 639245
The people in those groups rarely have a clue what they are doing, and they refuse to listen.

I bet there are some real whales on this forum... I sense the lost of several "free model Y's" today on paper.
I would be shocked if the cumulative paper losses today weren't above 10 million just for the active members. Above 20 is more likely.

I see. You are holding out on us an not too ashamed to say so. :(

OK, briefly as this is not a Bitcoin thread.

A currency has three purposes, unit of exchange, unit of account, store of value; any cryptocurrency needs to do all three.

Most of the money supply in a modern economy is not provided by governments printing money, it is by private banks lending against fractional reserves, cryptocurrencies don't allow this.

Most Cryptocurrencies cannot expand/contract the M1 money supply to counteract changes in the velocity of money M2. This will amplify boom/bust cycles.

Countries need their own currency, attempts to use another currency (or pegging against another currency) have always failed, a single world cryptocurrency would cause similar problems.

Cryptocurrency should work offline.

There are legitimate reasons why other people need to access cryptocurrency accounts, including court orders (proceeds of crime, maintenance), probate, auditing, tax investigations, guardianship.

I think the only annoying thing I'm preparing myself for is that I think model S and X aren't going to move the needle much because most potential buyers are going to opt for the new battery that's coming this fall. A 550 mile model S is enough for people to not order the current iteration. I almost think it would be a good idea for Tesla to acknowledge it now and sort of advertise the most recent refresh with old battery as sort of discounted. Perhaps Tesla sandbagging is a way to guard against that though.... they know that will happen to some extent I'm sure. I don't know what do you guys think?
I agree.

I've had the Plaid+ S reserved since September and I did order a Plaid X but I am likely to cancel the X. I live in the mountains now and while I've had zero range anxiety in my M3P I just feel dumb forgoing that extra range.

While this doesn't matter or concern me in any way, Tesla has kinda dropped the ball with the whole S/X refresh at this point. Production lines haven't really been running for 2 months now and there's a bunch of confusion on the updated S, the main thing being the steering wheel yoke. I mean I have yet to see a refreshed S even being tested with the yoke.

And then you had Elon saying on the earnings call that they wanted to do some sort of press call about the new S/X because there were lots of things to discuss......and yet it's been radio silence for 3 weeks now.

Again makes zero difference to me if Tesla ships a updated S in March or start in April. But they definitely didn't handle this smoothly. Some were stating a week or two ago that they were worried about Tesla delivering any S in Q1 which I brushed off. Not sure at this point.

As of January 2021, NHTSA had yet to approve the yoke steering wheel for use in the USA. (It's legal in Europe.)

Source

Edit: I suspect it will be approved and offered as an option (alongside the regular wheel) as deliveries near. Screenshot of my reservation specifying the Yoke wheel below

5DlZMuy.jpg

Last edited:
People on this forum are so battle damaged from 2 years ago that there's really nothing that can be said that can destroy these diamond hands.
True.
Battle hardened. Resolved. Unwavering.
In high spirits and higher optimism towards the future.
Unbroken.
Diamond hands?
Hm.... what's the next level hard, the 'turn it up to 11' kind of hardness?
TMC Hands?

Lol Gary is back pumping, looking for some help from Elon....Unbelievable.
I would like to suggest an all out ban on Gary Black mentions/posts. These clowns add nothing to the conversation. Didn't understand why people were posting his stuff from the get-go, he was just cheerleading with unrelated math providing his "logic".

Thoughts on Elon's "metafork" and now "meta for k" twitter bio? Obviously the former brings up thoughts of forks in the road as per his avatar picture. The latter though... Potassium comes to mind and it has some promise in batteries from what I'm seeing. It would be very odd to see a battery breakthrough this soon after Battery Day though. Other speculation has been around various types of crypto but that's already a fairly tinfoil hat area. I hope it's something related to the Tesla core business.

If they don't have the yoke wheel figured out today, for technical or approval reasons, can there really be any deliveries even in March? They can't ship them out, so therefor not build them, without letting the buyers actively chose that they are ok with a regular wheel.

As for Europe there is very little time left to have any shipped here and delivered in Q1.

Thoughts on Elon's "metafork" and now "meta for k" twitter bio? Obviously the former brings up thoughts of forks in the road as per his avatar picture. The latter though... Potassium comes to mind and it has some promise in batteries from what I'm seeing. It would be very odd to see a battery breakthrough this soon after Battery Day though. Other speculation has been around various types of crypto but that's already a fairly tinfoil hat area. I hope it's something related to the Tesla core business.

Meta as in Metamaterials?

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

• Helpful
Reactions: Nocturnal
As of January 2021, NHTSA had yet to approve the yoke steering wheel for use in the USA. (It's legal in Europe.)

Source

Edit: I suspect it will be approved and offered as an option (alongside the regular wheel) as deliveries near. Screenshot of my reservation specifying the Yoke wheel below

5DlZMuy.jpg
Now that you mention it, mine says the same (identical build in fact).
That's heartening. I want the yoke to "happen"

Now that you mention it, mine says the same (identical build in fact).
That's heartening. I want the yoke to "happen"

You have...great taste;)

Do you show an estimated delivery date? As of last week, my estimated delivery (previously March 2021) no longer appears in-app or online.

Additionally/for what it's worth, I just built a Model X Plaid using the configurator on Tesla.com. The "Yoke Steering Wheel" does not appear as a listed feature. It does, however, appear prominently in the imagery adorning the order page.

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash