Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"If Tesla did it, then it must be smart" is dangerous point of view. Anyone who thinks a company they invest in is incapable of making mistakes is an irresponsible investor.

But that's not what I said. A successful investor uses known facts to construct narratives. The narrative has to make sense given the totality of the information.

Speculating that it's a fumble or a bumble caused by inexperience or disorganization without a shred of evidence or even 10% of the data being analyzed by Tesla management is what's utterly ridiculous. I'm in favour of informed criticism, but the key word here is "informed".

Without more evidence than what has been presented, which is zero, it is obvious FUD to suggest this is a fumble due to inexperience or disorganization.

As far as options go there is no real support for this week or net week. Just not enough purchased on either side. As the price has been dropping THEY are just selling more Calls and lower and lower strikes and more Puts at lower and lower strikes. It's all great money for them. If the price goes back up THEY really don't care. They just acquired a huge amount of shares at $750. It would be quite a profit to sell the at 770 on up when the Calls come do this Friday.

Top of the chart below if 6000 volume. You can see they are selling Calls to back up the Puts all the way down to 770 as of last Friday.
If anything the only resistance I see developing is we won't go above 800 but even that is weak resistance. 700 SEEMS like the strongest support from an options point of view.

With so few options this week Max Pain is pointless to look at.

TSLA 02-26ex 22MON.png

I invest in companies i believe in. That doesn't necessitate me believing they're incapable of making mistakes.

No one said Tesla doesn't make mistakes. Every company has and does. The problem is with people who assume a mistake when there is no evidence of a mistake.

Last edited:
This comment by Bill Wright has nothing to do with the removal of the SR Model Y from the order page. He simply says it uses the same pack as the SR Model 3.

Look further up in the thread. Troy speculates SR removal is due to either 1) switch to LFP cells or 2) too many SR orders resulting in lower margins. Bruce speculates 3) too few orders so not worth change in production line. Bill knocks down LFP cells and the production line speculation, but not too many orders resulting in lower margins. Again, Bill is usually careful in choosing his choice of words, but this isn't explicit confirmation of anything.

Look further up in the thread. Troy speculates SR removal is due to either 1) switch to LFP cells or 2) too many SR orders resulting in lower margins. Bruce speculates 3) too few orders so not worth change in production line. Bill knocks down LFP cells and the production line speculation, but not too many orders resulting in lower margins. Again, Bill is usually careful in choosing his choice of words, but this isn't explicit confirmation of anything.

Yeah, a few things:
  1. Troy has no insight into production; I stopped at 'speculates'...
  2. nobody knows the orderbook (reacting to fearmongering)
  3. Bill would not know about CATL LPF packs; he's in NV
I bet NONE is this is true, but Market Manipulators magically tunneled the TSLA SP back to the Lower-BB overnight while speculators pretend they are doing otherwise:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.202102-22.09-30.png

• Troy has no insight; I stopped at 'speculates'...
  • nobody knows the orderbook (reacting to fearmongering)
  • Bill would not know about CATL LPF packs; he's in NV

This is ridiculous. Bill travels (he's even been to the Austin site) and certainly would know about batteries being imported from Shanghai. In fact, if you scroll through more of his replies, he comments on exactly that!

This is the same Bill Wright, employee of Tesla, who posted on Twitter, before these were revealed to the public

1. Tesla Semi production
  2. Plaid
  3. The SR Y that Elon previously said would not be made
  4. 1.1M guidance for 2021
He's perhaps *the* most reliable source on Tesla on Twitter. You need to correct your bias.

Interesting reply by Bill Wright to SR cancellation speculation https://twitter.com/BillWri90307793/status/1363767860288360449

Bill's usually careful with his choice of words, but who knows...

That doesn't seem to be relevant. So what if the Model Y SR uses the same pack as the Model 3 SR+? The Model Y is made on a different line than the Model 3, so you do have to make changes to the Model Y line to make the SR. Different pack, only one motor, etc.

This is the same Bill Wright, employee of Tesla, who posted on Twitter, before these were revealed to the public
  1. Tesla Semi production
  2. Plaid
  3. The SR Y that Elon previously said would not be made
  4. 1.1M guidance for 2021
He's perhaps *the* most reliable source on Tesla on Twitter. You need to correct your bias.

This will be my last reponse since you've already decided. However for those who haven't, here's some points:
  1. Tesla Semi production has not be confirmed. We have rumors, but you'd expect anyone that works at Giga NV to have some insight. You ignore how he intends to defend tweeting about future products outside of official channels. This indicates risky/unsanctioned behavior, not reliability
  2. Plaid was not hard to see coming. Even I predicted Plaid (in great detail here) and with high accuracy two years ago. Maybe Bill reads my feed? :p
  3. Elon says a lot of stuff. So what? It doesn't add any support to claims made by Bill
  4. 1.1M Guidance is the least confirmed rumor ever. You are acting irresponsibly just by waving it around as if its true
My 'biases' have seen me hold with my $57 cost basis through 12x gains. I'll hold my 'biases' over highly dubious tweets all decade long, thanks just the same.

But you have fun on the twitters, okay?

Got back above the 50 day moving average and immediately pushed down even though Nasdaq still coming back......Yeah I'd say everyone should expect this to end up under the 50-day moving average at the end of the day.

I would say at least wait for the 10:30/10:40 EST spring release/MMD end time. It is crazy how many times TSLA starts running around this time.

All else equal, btc aside, shouldn't a company adding $1B of value be good reason for share price appreciation?

https://twitter.com/SawyerMerritt/status/1363620524774031360

Edit: Good morning/week everyone.

Tesla share prices have nothing to do with value. The important thing is "To put this number in perspective, Ives notes that Tesla is on track to make more from its Bitcoin investment than profits from selling its EV cars in all of 2020." The value in Tesla is making cars, or should be.