Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CNBS consumed my Cathie today ;)

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/23/cat...d-the-tech-trade-show-signs-of-unwinding.html
Some called it the “Cathie Wood sell-off.”

(+Past couple of days I too had been noticing all her heavy hitters were not doing well.)

Between Cramer's tweets and CNBCs coverage, the extent of negative attention on ARK today was extremely odd. It's like they were waiting more than a year for ARK to have a down month and could finally break out the negative narratives they've saved up. As if a correction in tech stocks, which Cathy herself called and was ready for, is somehow indicative of a fatal flaw in her investment theses.

After-action Report: Tue, Feb 23, 2021: (Pre+Main Session Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Tests S&P 500 Addition Levels"

Pre-Market:
Volume: 3,552,217
SP High $696.91
SP Low $650.00​

Main Session:

Traded: $44,024,464,435.46 ($44.02B)
Volume: 65,303,256
VWAP: $674.15

Close: $698.84 / VWAP: 103.66%
TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP
TSLA MaxPain (7:00 A.M.): $775.00 (-$25 from Mon)​

TSLA S&P 500 Weight: 1.655357% (Feb 22)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / FB $670.784B / $757.067B = 88.60%
NB: Yahoo & Google have updated Mkt Cap re 10-K shares (Feb 10, 2021)

CEO Comp. Status: (est'd Mkt Cap including 10-K (Feb 01) shares)

TSLA 30-day Closing Avg Market Cap: $787.56B
TSLA 6-mth Closing Avg Market Cap: $550.03B

Mkt Cap for 10th tranche ($550B) likely achieved today Tue, Feb 23, 2021
Paging @The Accountant
Mkt Cap req'd for 9th tranche ($500B) likely achieved Wed, Feb 03, 2021
Mkt Cap req'd for 8th tranche ($450B) likely achieved Tue, Jan 19, 2021
Nota Bene: Operational milestones req'd (chart at link).
'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 43.2% (43rd Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short / Total Volume = 35.6% (43rd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt ratio was 5.08% of Short Volume (77th* Percentile Rank Exempt)​
*As predicted earlier today, this is the HIGHEST level of naked shorting since May 12, 2020

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 202102-23.png

QOTD: @dgodfrey "Diamond hands beat rock, paper, and scissors"

Comment: "Self-awareness is the first step to Wisdom"

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

Crazy game today. Tesla fell behind by almost 100 points and clawed their way back to almost even only to falter at the end and extend their losing streak to 4 games. Heavily attended event today.

Today
Score: 698.84
Margin of W/L: -15.66
Attendance: 65,599,654

Season
Record: 19-16
Total points in wins: 385.88
Total points in losses: -392.71
YTD gain/loss: -6.83 -0.97%
Avg points per win: 20.31
Avg points per loss: -24.54
Best W: 63.98 2021-01-08
Worst L: -68.83 2021-01-11
Last 10: 3-7
Streak: L4
Adding "attendance" to this is what takes it from great to amazing. I'm just saying.

As of January 2021, NHTSA had yet to approve the yoke steering wheel for use in the USA. (It's legal in Europe.)

Source

Edit: I suspect it will be approved and offered as an option (alongside the regular wheel) as deliveries near. Screenshot of my reservation specifying the Yoke wheel below
Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS ) are self certified. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) may be interested in the yoke, but they do not directly set he regulations. There isn't much in terms of requirements on the wheel itself.

A steering yoke is for race cars. They are highly impractical for street cars. You'll find that out the hard way if you actually take delivery of a car with a yoke.
With active steering control the yoke can work without every needing to turn past +/- 60 degrees. Basically, an intermediate motor/ gearbox decouple the steering wheel position from the front wheel direction. You can have stop to stop at low speeds in +/-60 and less range at high speeds.In a HW failure, you are stuck with the true rack ratio.

I'm sorry, but I find Bill Gates to be a joke. He doesn't even know when he's being made fun of, which Colbert did a great job of last night. Don't really know what qualifies him to be an expert on Climate Science. If it weren't for IBM convincing him to license MS-DOS to them (instead of selling), he wouldn't even be rich! OTOH, I do like Excel and PowerPoint, even if they're becoming bloatware.
Well if Bill’s mom didn’t sit on IBM’s board...

Bill Gates confirms he shorted Tesla:

"I wish I was more on the long side" :D:D

This buffoon even doesn't have the courage to admit outright that he shorted Tesla.

I even don't want to rant how profoundly stupid this is:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/21/car...pture-backed-by-bill-gates-oil-companies.html

Mimicking his good buddy Buffett, he's in bed with Chevron, BHP, and Occidental in this "innovation." Basically, the genius supports a company to use renewal energy to capture carbon dioxide and to store underground, to use it for enhanced oil recovery, and wait for it, to turn it into "low-carbon" synthetic fuels, "such as gasoline, diesel, or jet A." This company practically acts as a PR project for big oils pretending to be going green. Carbon Engineering (Wikipedia)

With active steering control the yoke can work without every needing to turn past +/- 60 degrees. Basically, an intermediate motor/ gearbox decouple the steering wheel position from the front wheel direction. You can have stop to stop at low speeds in +/-60 and less range at high speeds.In a HW failure, you are stuck with the true rack ratio.
Agreed. People need to get over the idea that this is just an F1 steering wheel.

This buffoon even doesn't have the courage to admit outright that he shorted Tesla.

I even don't want to rant how profoundly stupid this is:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/21/car...pture-backed-by-bill-gates-oil-companies.html

Mimicking his good buddy Buffett, he's in bed with Chevron, BHP, and Occidental in this "innovation." Basically, the genius supports a company to use renewal energy to capture carbon dioxide and to store underground, to use it for enhanced oil recovery, and wait for it, to turn it into "low-carbon" synthetic fuels, "such as gasoline, diesel, or jet A." This company practically acts as a PR project for big oils pretending to be going green. Carbon Engineering (Wikipedia)
I guess I did the correct move selling MSFT today to buy TSLA

Don’t be surprised if that’s before Berlin.
Some of you seem to think of Austin producing a car before Berlin would be a good thing. The only way Austin can catch Berlin is if Berlin run into serious trouble. That's a bad thing.

Have you watched the videos every day? Berlin is at least three months ahead of Austin. In Austin if you take the number of steel segments put up for their fastest couple of weeks (before the storm) and apply that speed to the rest of the building they have around three months of steel work left. Then they need to finish each floor, the roof and the outer walls. Then they have another couple of months to get everything inside set-up. Then they need to ramp up.

Can you start testing a few things inside at one end before the outer walls are on at the other end. Sure. But that's not gonna get you a complete car.