Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 639319

Cramer's getting a bit weird today repeatedly tweeting about Auntie Cathie.

It strikes me that cramer as a TV personality has been popular for a long time. I would be curious to see his analyst but I think his following is starting to age out and people are starting to transition to a new style of investing and personality and cathie is basically the biggest name in that new culture.

TL;DR He's realizing he's the definition of OK Boomer and panicking

edit: I realize they are the same age. I think my statement still holds true.

CNBS consumed my Cathie today ;)

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/23/cat...d-the-tech-trade-show-signs-of-unwinding.html
Some called it the “Cathie Wood sell-off.”

(+Past couple of days I too had been noticing all her heavy hitters were not doing well.)
I noticed this with SPOT I think it was last couple weeks. Like ARK bought, then the stock took a beating. Their high flyers might be under attack, TSLA one of them.
I might add I saw them buy TSLA like crazy on Fri (correction, Monday).

• Helpful
Reactions: elasalle
Try the Carpano Antica , it cost almost as much as the Woodford (but it is available in a 1/2 bottle 500ml size).
Not sure I've heard of a Spatula Vermouth but I have been retired from the Wine & Spirits business for a while.
On Point, I updated our Model S order today to the refreshed model, got the $2K discount. I was told all pre refresh order holders would receive "priority delivery status" (whatever that means) an at first said 6 to 8 week delivery but pulled it back when I pressed for details on the current production status..
Thanks for the suggestion. Local store has 4 1L bottles; Will have to get one tomorrow.

"Spatola" Vermouth. Damn "error" correction! :oops:

Congrats on the upgrade! Tempting, but my 2016 refresh S90D does all I need to to do for now. Waiting for the tri-motor Cybertruck. I'd like the new Roadster, but ingress and egress problems would kill me. :(

CNBC citing TSLA gains more due to recent memes (?) on WSB suggesting a pending buy on TSLA, further suggesting a move up tomorrow. AH moving now on that "news" perhaps...

I checked wsb for you guys so you didn't have to. Didn't see much about TSLA on there. If you guys want this to rocket to moon, yall gonna have to up your sea shanty game.

While this doesn't matter or concern me in any way, Tesla has kinda dropped the ball with the whole S/X refresh at this point. Production lines haven't really been running for 2 months now and there's a bunch of confusion on the updated S, the main thing being the steering wheel yoke. I mean I have yet to see a refreshed S even being tested with the yoke.

And then you had Elon saying on the earnings call that they wanted to do some sort of press call about the new S/X because there were lots of things to discuss......and yet it's been radio silence for 3 weeks now.

Again makes zero difference to me if Tesla ships a updated S in March or start in April. But they definitely didn't handle this smoothly. Some were stating a week or two ago that they were worried about Tesla delivering any S in Q1 which I brushed off. Not sure at this point.

Any Model S/X that are being produced are probably being put on car carriers and shipped to the East Coast.

We haven't seen any Model S/X on carriers and flyovers don't show many S/X at Fremont,.

In both cases, S/X can get lost in the crowd of higher volume Model 3/Y production especially if Model S/X get priority on car carriers, which means they will not hang around long at Fremont.

IMO if production is going well, we might see some deliveries anytime between now and the first week of March.

If production is going badly, we might not see deliveries until Mid-march.

Well or badly are probably just our expectations, I don't think Tesla gave a detailed timeline, and if there are delays, parts could be one issue.

You are right about the Model S/X event, again Elon didn't provide a timeline, but most of us expected it would happen soon.

If Model S/X deliveries are lower Q1 we know critics will jump all over it. We know Gordo will claim demand issues, and some will point to higher Taycan / Etron sales.

We also know that like Fremont Model 3/Y deliveries will dwarf Model S/X especially for Q1, in fact there is a good chance Model 3/Y can pick up the slack and cancel out in drop off in Model S/X deliveries.

For example 800 MIC Model 3s arrived in Australia yesterday, I think that is the biggest shipment that has landed in this country. Timing in terms of delivering those Model 3s before the end of quarter, is excellent. Every quarter Tesla manages to deliver most of production, and maintain low inventory levels, with good margins.

There is a good chance Model S/X deliveries will be back to normal by the end of Q2, but Gordo will find another talking point.

Any Model S/X that are being produced are probably being put on car carriers and shipped to the East Coast.

We haven't seen any Model S/X on carriers and flyovers don't show many S/X at Fremont,.

In both cases, S/X can get lost in the crowd of higher volume Model 3/Y production especially if Model S/X get priority on car carriers, which means they will not hang around long at Fremont.

IMO if production is going well, we might see some deliveries anytime between now and the first week of March.

If production is going badly, we might not see deliveries until Mid-march.

Well or badly are probably just our expectations, I don't think Tesla gave a detailed timeline, and if there are delays, parts could be one issue.

You are right about the Model S/X event, again Elon didn't provide a timeline, but most of us expected it would happen soon.

If Model S/X deliveries are lower Q1 we know critics will jump all over it. We know Gordo will claim demand issues, and some will point to higher Taycan / Etron sales.

We also know that like Fremont Model 3/Y deliveries will dwarf Model S/X especially for Q1, in fact there is a good chance Model 3/Y can pick up the slack and cancel out in drop off in Model S/X deliveries.

For example 800 MIC Model 3s arrived in Australia yesterday, I think that is the biggest shipment that has landed in this country. Timing in terms of delivering those Model 3s before the end of quarter, is excellent. Every quarter Tesla manages to deliver most of production, and maintain low inventory levels, with good margins.

There is a good chance Model S/X deliveries will be back to normal by the end of Q2, but Gordo will find another talking point.

Despite the S/X hiccups, even if they don't deliver any in Q1, I still think Q1 can beat Q4 in terms of total P/D. In fact, I think it would be viewed pretty favorably if Tesla beat Q4 P/D with only 3/Y.

Giga 3 has to execute very well though for it to happen.

Last edited: