Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pre Covid we were hyper inflation, I remember using dollar bills as toilet paper.

Then during Covid it was hyper deflation, I had to exchange my dollar bills for real toilet paper but they were so cheap everything was out of stock, so I ended up using dollar bills anyways.

Now we are going to post Covid era, meaning hyper inflation so .. I'm using dollar bills to wipe either way.

We can't even do that in Canada because our bills are pretty much plastic. Your bills are like Charmin in comparison.

SEC.gov | SEC Suspends Trading in Multiple Issuers Based on Social Media and Trading Activity

upload_2021-2-26_13-37-55.png

Why isn't $NKLA on this list? :) although i did find it ironic that this symbol was on the list: Green Energy Enterprises Inc. (GYOG)

Next you will tell me owning digital gold better than the yellow metal...
Funny you should mention that yeller stuff. After accumulating and holding those rocks over a couple of decades I sold it last year and bought TSLA.

That "digital gold" has made a much better return in a just a year than the physical stuff had.:cool:

So, based on these metrics, I'd have to go with "uh-huh." :D

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
You guys... get with the program.

PHYSICAL wheelbarrows.

Next you will tell me owning digital gold better than the yellow metal...
If money is worthless then it's just weight in the physical form. The most valuable thing would be guns, bullets, and mentos..mentos just in case you need a good idea to get you out of a bind..so you pop in a freshmaker.

Some great info at the start of Joe's newest Austin video. If you don't have time for the whole thing just watch the first 4½ minute. Includes info about an Elon conference call with contractors.

Interestingly they've started to take down at least two cranes. Guess they won't have room for as many now that around half the site has structures.

Im pretty sure this said -11 at close. It just changed on me to -6.72 Hmm. View attachment 640371

Yup, the SP was reported as $671.56 at the close until the official NASDAQ update NOCP came out setting the Close at $675.50 (some websites report the NOCP update faster than others):

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-02-26.16-00.png

The NOCP update is usually shown by about 16:16:30 on Stockcharts.com so here's their chart displayed after the NOCP update:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-02-26.18-05.png

Notice how the SP has been updated to $675.50 and volume has increased? Note that on this site, SP is updated during the main session every ~15s but Volume is delayed by 15 min (they must use a free feed from NASDAQ for that delay; Yahoo! Finance and CNBC vol is in near real time).

Cheers!

Last edited:
Some great info at the start of Joe's newest Austin video. If you don't have time for the whole thing just watch the first 4½ minute. Includes info about an Elon conference call with contractors.

Interestingly they've started to take down at least two cranes. Guess they won't have room for as many now that around half the site has structures.

Three particular items Joe mentioned during the intro portion:

During a recent conference call, Elon said he wants additional 24/7 shifts to make up for time lost during the recent freeze.

There have been 12 design changes so far and more are in progress.

They planned on drilling 28,000 Geopier holes but will end up ~100,000 because of soil conditions.

The first 4 1/2 minutes are a must watch.

Last edited:
Never have never will....well...until i read this article and now i am considering it......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

View attachment 640358

View attachment 640359

Pffft, EV ETFs ? Why bother paying management fees for some yahoo picking EV stocks ? -- sub-optimal ...
Just go straight for the winner, mentioned in the article!
Of course, I am talking about Nikola, didn't you see the clip how their latest Tre prototype was "in motion"* across the country ?
Now, there is your potential winner -- its all uphill from here on for them (no more rolling down).

* carried by a diesel truck from the port on the east coast to their factory-wannabe in Arizona for testing

Last edited:
After-action Report: Fri, Feb 26, 2021: (Pre+Main Session Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Rides the Lower-BB"

Pre-Market:

Consolidated Last Sale: $699.87 +17.65 (+2.59%)
Pre-Market Volume: 1,670,690
Pre-Market High: $702.63
Pre-Market Low: $659.78​

Main Session:

Traded: $26,480,824,350.41 ($26.48B)
Volume: 38,857,804
VWAP: $681.48

Close: $675.50 / VWAP: 99.12%
TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP
TSLA MaxPain (7:00 A.M.): $730 (-$20 from Wed)​

TSLA S&P 500 Weight: 1.600047% (Feb 25)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / FB $648.381B / $733.617B = 88.38%
NB: Yahoo has updated Mkt Cap re 10-K shares (Feb 10, 2021)

CEO Comp. Status: (est'd Mkt Cap including 10-K (Feb 01) shares)

TSLA 30-day Closing Avg Market Cap: $766.74B
TSLA 6-mth Closing Avg Market Cap: $556.86B

Mkt Cap req'd for 10th tranche ($550B) likely achieved Tue, Feb 23, 2021
Mkt Cap req'd for 9th tranche ($500B) likely achieved Wed, Feb 03, 2021
Mkt Cap req'd for 8th tranche ($450B) likely achieved Tue, Jan 19, 2021
Nota Bene: Operational milestones req'd (chart at link).
'Short' Report: *NB* An unusually high % of trading done today by non-FINRA orgs

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 42.5% (41st Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short / Total Volume = 55.5% (53rd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt ratio was 1.97% of Short Volume (57th Percentile Rank Exempt)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2021-02-26.png

QOTD: @sroh 'Market crashes and comebacks make the best companies stronger'

Comment: "The 4th step to wisdom is distilling principles into practice"

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

Last edited:
My guess is the market is still skeptic about the stability of treasury yields going into the weekend. US10Y has dropped from height of 1.6% to under 1.4% as of close. If things stay calm next week we should recover. European and Asian central banks have stepped in to help with this liquidity crisis.

I'm not even kidding. We need to declare war on the US10Y.

We must drive it down below 1%!

How do we do that??!?

Kia Apple Car rumor has now morphed into electric scooter - 9to5Mac

Online site Chosun Biz said on Friday that Apple and Kia had signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) last year and had agreed to pursue cooperation in eight sectors, including electric vehicles. It said negotiations on electric vehicles had not been completely cancelled […]

Kia and Apple are also discussing cooperation in “last mile” mobility, or transport to complete a final short distance to a destination after using another means of transportation, Chosun said.

The reference to last-mile mobility seems likely to relate to Kia’s electric scooter. The firm has concepts for embedding this into a slot in a car so that it is always charged and ready for use for completing a journey after parking the car.

3D78BA3D-93EB-4A39-B7A0-ECD02BAFE196.jpeg

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p:p:p:p

I'm not even kidding. We need to declare war on the US10Y.

We must drive it down below 1%!

How do we do that??!?
The Fed just needs to buy a crap ton of bonds and forces a short squeeze on bond. That's the fast way.
The slow way is to wait until they have finished raising money for stimulus and for the bond investors sitting out to realize that there is no inflation / interest rate hike. Once they've realized money is just burning their pocket, they'll either re-deploy it back into bond, forcing a squeeze, or into stocks.
Sources suggest that this might have been a technical sell off and not entirely due to inflation concerns. Whatever the true reason(s) was, the sell off was exacerbated by algos shorting.

Kia Apple Car rumor has now morphed into electric scooter - 9to5Mac

Online site Chosun Biz said on Friday that Apple and Kia had signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) last year and had agreed to pursue cooperation in eight sectors, including electric vehicles. It said negotiations on electric vehicles had not been completely cancelled […]

Kia and Apple are also discussing cooperation in “last mile” mobility, or transport to complete a final short distance to a destination after using another means of transportation, Chosun said.

The reference to last-mile mobility seems likely to relate to Kia’s electric scooter. The firm has concepts for embedding this into a slot in a car so that it is always charged and ready for use for completing a journey after parking the car.

View attachment 640410

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p:p:p:p
At least they should be able to compete with Tesla on price now.